Worst Product of 2005

mjalomo

BAre Venus is the one thing I wish I hadn't bought this year. But, I love the glitz glosses. I love them even more now that the glitter is running out. I own the two from the ornamental line though, so they work on my dark skin. I use them quite a bit.

betty

Glitz Gloss...

Yeah I have to say the Glitz Gloss wasn't my fav......but I have to say that I LOVE ALL the Prep and Prime and use them religiously at my Counter.....BTW...the Prep and Prime eye is better as a concealer used with the #217 brush than anything else. The Prep and Prime skin is beautiful, especially on more mature skin and the Prep and Prime mascara....HOLY CRAP...only my fav product ever! Especially under Fibre Rich or X!!

as_cute_as_pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina Victoria
I don't know if Pigments came out in 2005? I know a lot of people adore pigments, but I loathe them. I tried a few, I even have Vanilla that I never bothered to return because I figured if worse comes to worse, I could just put it into Clear Nailpolish. But, on the eyes? It doesn't stay, I had trouble blending, and it just didn't look as nice as my regular eyeshadow, which was a real dissapointment. I also didn't like the containers, too hard to get out without spilling it all over yourself.
ssad.gif

Other than that, I really love all of MAC's products.

i agree
smiles.gif

i dont actually have any pigments myself but i used my friends last night (a black 1 forgot the name) and it was awful a cudnt figure out how to get it onto the brush without dipping the whole brush it and being covered in black which a did anyway not that i dipped the brush in just swirled it around the lid i was using it onto of satiliete dreams cos i was wearin red (looked odd lol) and wanted it darkening however did not make any difference :confused:

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby_love
most of the new VP's were so ugly.

Lusturleaf e/s also.

I agree. I was sooo excited for those because I love VP e/s but these new colours were just so boring. I was very underwhelmed.

Another vote for glitz glosses, I didn't buy one but I tried it on in the store and it felt terrible.

Now, this is going to be a controversy, but I think the Mineral Skinfinishes are completely overrated! I haven't bought one - granted - but I tried a few different ones on in the store and tbh they just look like sparkly blush. The consistency is really chalky too, I think Bobbi Brown Shimmerbricks are far superior and go on much more smoothly. They aren't an entirely bad product, just overrated for what they are. They look pretty in the pan, that's about it.

The Eye P+P is silly too, pretty useless.

panties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina Victoria
I don't know if Pigments came out in 2005? I know a lot of people adore pigments, but I loathe them. I tried a few, I even have Vanilla that I never bothered to return because I figured if worse comes to worse, I could just put it into Clear Nailpolish. But, on the eyes? It doesn't stay, I had trouble blending, and it just didn't look as nice as my regular eyeshadow, which was a real dissapointment. I also didn't like the containers, too hard to get out without spilling it all over yourself.
ssad.gif

Other than that, I really love all of MAC's products.

pigments were out a LONG time before 2005. they were probably one of mac's original products, along with lipsticks.

uhm glitz glosses i just dont like due to the gimmicky packaging and eh they're just not that interesting. glimmershimmers suck too since they are in this teeny bottle and just have no real use imo. never tried their prep + prime items.

luminious

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I agree. I was sooo excited for those because I love VP e/s but these new colours were just so boring. I was very underwhelmed.

Another vote for glitz glosses, I didn't buy one but I tried it on in the store and it felt terrible.

Now, this is going to be a controversy, but I think the Mineral Skinfinishes are completely overrated! I haven't bought one - granted - but I tried a few different ones on in the store and tbh they just look like sparkly blush. The consistency is really chalky too, I think Bobbi Brown Shimmerbricks are far superior and go on much more smoothly. They aren't an entirely bad product, just overrated for what they are. They look pretty in the pan, that's about it.

The Eye P+P is silly too, pretty useless.

Yeah, the MSF's dont impress me much either. I bought 2 because of the raves and as you said it looks like glittery blush. I don't like lots of glitter and shimmer on my face because I think it ends up looking oily and just gross. I hate seeing a shiney face.. The BB Shimerbricks though I love them!

Also, I don't like those pearlizers. They make people look shiney and nasty.

litlaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby_love
most of the new VP's were so ugly.

I didn't think they were ugly, but the range of colors was underwhelming. So many were similar to existing colors, and NO greens!

and while we're on the topic of that collection, I didn't like the glitter liners either. Never have, never will.

Aprilrobin

as far as the things I've tried go:

Lip gelees: They looked fun. I was excited. I love translucent color w/o shimmer which is often hard to find. I tried EVERY single shade but on pigmented lips they just looks like vaseline. *shrug*

Fluidline: They aren't HORRIBLE, but I have been using the BB ones for several years now. I was excited about the color range at first but .. the color payoff is kind of weak. Why do they keep releasing these in a million shade of medium purple? I love purple but..
I wish they had more interesting/darker colors for lining.

Beauty Powders: Again, not horrible but not even a little bit interesting.

From sweetie cake: the 2 colors of gloss in one pot. I just DO NOT understand the point of these.. at all.

ladybugz07

Glimmershimmers... hated them! (tried a few and swapped them away)
The glitz glosses and the petit glosses just didn't appeal to me, I have an aversion to pot glosses...

Oh, and I guess I'm a weirdo, cause I adore Bare Venus and am desperately searching for a backup!
smiles.gif

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugz07
The glitz glosses and the petit glosses just didn't appeal to me, I have an aversion to pot glosses...

Same!! The thought of dipping a dirty finger in a lipgloss and applying it makes my stomach churn, we pick up so much dirt from doorhandles, money, etc...and most people don't wash their hands every time before applying pot gloss. All that dirt sitting on my lip, yuck!

Sprout

Those Sweetie Cake glosses that look like the cheap-o Revlon ones from a few winters ago. The ones with the drizzle effect on them.

That and any collection that had funky packaging. I only like the basic, sleek black MAC packaging.

JMKess

Definitely the prep and prime for eyes. First of all, that damn collection took FOREVER to finally come out. Originally it was an April launch and then it got pushed back to August. Then, the eye product just sucked. Even MAC MAs don't use it because it's not waterproof or anything - it doesn't prevent the eyeshadow from creasing, it doesn't make the shadow last longer once it is applied, and basically it's just blech. Such a waste of time waiting for the damn thing, then such a waste of money once I got it.

I'm in the minority - I actually kinda don't hate the glitz gloss. I think I have Ramoneo - it's not so bad (but I don't use it that often)

hyperRealGurl

I actually like Pre&Prime works well for me. Never used the Glitz Gloss so i cant say to much for that one. But from the sounds of it "not worth buying" the "Fibre Rich lash" This product to me isnt that great i have probs with the mascara drying way to fast for my liking and after the second coat it starts to clump. Not a big fan of that. Also not a big Fan of E/S Forgery doesnt pick up on my brush well and the transfer is really really blotchy on me.

tannny

Prep and prime for the face and eyes were such a waste of money. I actually like the one glimmer shimmer i have from the whos that lady collection, its the lighter one. i dont remember the name but eh, its still too expensive for so little.

velvet

MSFs ... not impressed. i can see why people would like them, they just dont work for me

queenofdisaster

i didnt like my glitz gloss at first (i have afterparty) mainly because of the glitter being on top, like most of you are saying... hehe... but i left it in my hot car one day and voila! it melted! now its ok because the glitter sunk down!

but yes, very disappointing. i ordered it on the website and ended up paying 19 something altogether... so i think i payed too much! lol!

i havent been disappointed with anything else though!