Worst Product of 2005

pushhupsindrag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude

I know that I am going to have rocks thrown at me for this one but a close second would be the Fluidlines.

i so agree! i really dont like them at all. just the way they go on, bleh.
and another vote for glitz glosses!!

MAC_Pixie04

Glimmershimmers-Too effing small for that much money!
Prep + Prime Skin-TOO EFFING SMALL FOR THAT MUCH MONEY!
I liked the Glitz Glosses, but i agree, they'd have been much better if the glitter was already mixed in. It's like false advertising to put all that glitter at the top if it's not all the way through. And it burned a little.
I do like fluidline because of how long it lasts in comparison to other liners I've used, but the application isn't as easy as they say. But they're friggin' professional artists, so of course it's easy for them! lol

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Glimmershimmers.... yawn.

I know that I am going to have rocks thrown at me for this one but a close second would be the Fluidlines. Great concept albeit an unoriginal one since Bobbi Brown has been rocking the gel liners for a while.

What is disappointing about this product is the quality. Well, they can be better. Before anyone says anything about the application or whatever, please note that I have been using the BB gels for over a year with none of the issues that I get with the Fluidlines (dragging, applying oddly on the water line, creasing, flaking).

I was super excited about this product but was somewhat let down. The matte colors are such a pain in the ass to apply evenly and sometimes, the metallics wont stick around the waterline area. I can try a bunch of tricks but I should not have to wrestle with a product to get it to work for me. For that reason, I find myself reaching for my Bobbi Brown Gel Liners and hoping that MAC will improve the formula of the fluidlines.

Yeah, Glimmershimmers..not original at all. MAC has soo many products that make glimmer and that are permanent.. maybe if they had some wild colors of glimmershimmers i'd be more interested. like squirtable pigments..haha

and i've definately noticed big quality gaps in some of the Fluidlines.. like macroviolet, which imo is too sheer. I do like Blue Peep and Non-conformist..The shimmer ruins the application of fluidlines so I like the matte's much better. They seriously need to tweak their formulation.

Copper_Sparkle

In defense of the glitz glosses, I have Embellish and really like it. As I've used it, the glitter has sort of merged into the rest of the product on it's own... I actually like it that way. Some parts have a light glitter/more gloss thing going on and there are some remaining patches of full glitter, when I want a really strong look.

To remain sort of on topic... my vote goes for the creme shimmers in the MSF sized pans (hello, unoriginal!) and yes, the glimmershimmers.

asnbrb

pearlizers...

...but I'm gonna say that I love my ramoneo glitz gloss. I actually DIDN'T want it when it first came out, but a few months later I went to Maui and found it there. Since it had been out for awhile, the tester's glitter (the thing stopping me from getting it the first time) had been all used up revealing a really pretty rose color with just a bit of glitter. I actually reach for it a lot now.

mspixieears

I completely agree with what Jude said about Fluidlines not being original, but the BB ones are so expensive in Australia whereas the MAC ones are way more affordable (89 AUD for BB, 32 AUD for MAC). So that's why I'm a big MAC f/l fan!

None of the Glitz Glosses appealed to me, though I would have loved them in later years of high school/first 2-3 yrs of uni!

docmaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspixieears
I completely agree with what Jude said about Fluidlines not being original, but the BB ones are so expensive in Australia whereas the MAC ones are way more affordable (89 AUD for BB, 32 AUD for MAC). So that's why I'm a big MAC f/l fan!

I can assure that Bobbi Brown gel liners do NOT retail for $89 in Australia!!

Still overpriced but they cost AU$42 each.

Glow

Quote:

I have been using the BB gels for over a year with none of the issues that I get with the Fluidlines (dragging, applying oddly on the water line, creasing, flaking).

Thanks Jude, You've just convinced me to check out the BB gels

koolkatz

Quote:
Glimmershimmers.... yawn.

I know that I am going to have rocks thrown at me for this one but a close second would be the Fluidlines. Great concept albeit an unoriginal one since Bobbi Brown has been rocking the gel liners for a while.

What is disappointing about this product is the quality. Well, they can be better. Before anyone says anything about the application or whatever, please note that I have been using the BB gels for over a year with none of the issues that I get with the Fluidlines (dragging, applying oddly on the water line, creasing, flaking).

I was super excited about this product but was somewhat let down. The matte colors are such a pain in the ass to apply evenly and sometimes, the metallics wont stick around the waterline area. I can try a bunch of tricks but I should not have to wrestle with a product to get it to work for me. For that reason, I find myself reaching for my Bobbi Brown Gel Liners and hoping that MAC will improve the formula of the fluidlines.

I totally agree! BB gel liners absolutely rock. MAC fluidlines are great, but nowhere near the quality of the BB IMO.

Son_Risa: great idea on the glitz glosses as blush! I've got to try that =)

libra14

I've been using the BB gels for a year or so also. They rock. I do still like Mac's fluidlines too though. except Shade which dried up ridiculously fast.
The worst product for me though has to be the pearlizers. Too pricey for what you get.

metalkitty

I hearts the Glitz Gloss in PlumGlitz! I wasn't wowed by the Glimmer Shimmers at all, as well as most of the Who's That Lady and Lingerie collections. Also I was very dissappointed with the Blushcreme's because although I love the formula, the colors weren't enticing at all to me...

a_parting_gift

Glitz Gloss + Glimmershimmer.

I gotta stick up for Bare Venus, though! I absolutely love the stuff - beautiful color, amazing texture. Getting me some backups.
winks.gif

Chelly

funny you mention bobbi brown liners being btter quality than mac.. my bobbi brown dried out SO quickly - and i was pretty careful with making sure it was closed tight.

i really like the fluid lines - i also really like the glitz glosses - halloween ish i got my makeup done and the artist put it flesh flash right in teh center of my lid and it def made my eyes pop ya know?

i'm a bit upset with prep n prime eyes for obvious reasons - i think im gonan get the UD primer potion..

Wattage

OK I just can't help myself responding to this thread... I know it's old but I never got to respond the first time...

Prep and Prime was an obvious let down. MAC already has so many other great eye preps in my opinion, I think this was just a bit of a marketing ploy.

OK Glimmershimmers. I cannot agree more that they sucked. The idea was great, but it just seemed as if they released this product without any consumer feedback beforehand. (1) The bottle was way too small. I don't care if it's concentrated, whatever. It was so small for the huge price. (2). The pump. What was WITH this pump!? I mean you pump it and like half the bottle comes out? I think they could have come up with something better.

I slightly agree regarding the fluidlines. I mean, yeah, they dry up, the metallic ones don't blend well but all things considered imo this product is total bang for your buck. I have barely put a dent in any of mine. The only qualm I have is that maybe if they weren't SO thick, they might have been better. I mean, I feel like I end up wasting so much on my brush sometimes. And Jude was right (way back when she posted) that they do flake. Nonetheless, I still love'em.

My two cents! Whew. That was fun!

aznsmurfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelly
funny you mention bobbi brown liners being btter quality than mac.. my bobbi brown dried out SO quickly - and i was pretty careful with making sure it was closed tight.

I soooo second this! My BB liners aren't as pigmented or go on as smooth as my lovely fluidlines! I bought 2 BB liners, swapped them, rebought them, and yes, they do still suck.

Although I've heard that the recent batch of fluidlines are softer than the ones before, dunno 'bout that, haven't had to buy a new fluidline yet. ^_^