You'll never believe this..

nunu

Congratulations!!!!!!! What an amazing gift!
Luck you
smiles.gif

MissResha

do u know how many HK collections you could buy LMAO!!!! thats so awesome, again, congrats! i am so happy for u!

MsChrys79

Wow! That's a helluva gift! I hope you enjoy the new year with your new money! Make sure you treat yourself to something nice! and Congratulations

VDUB*BELLA

OMG that is awesome!!! Congratulations!!!
What are you planning to do with your win?

Ouch on the taxes though
ssad.gif
In Canada you get to keep everything. We dont get taxed on lottery wins

urbanlilyfairy

That is so awesome ..a bit jealous but im all excited for you too loll..im all smiling ear to ear reading the congrats posts lol.

What are you going to spend it all on? And is your mom still gibving you that 400 bucks for your birthday lol?

have fun with your winnings.. What a way to start off the New Year !!!

FlashBang

Oh lol, that is amazing congrats!
yahoo.gif

That reminds me of a story I was told once. An elderly lady decided to try her luck at the National Lottery here in the UK and won the jackpot! But when she went to cash in her winning ticket, she couldnt find it and must have dropped it or something.

Fortunately somebody must have seen her drop it and returned it to her...obviously they hadnt been watching the lottery recently
yes.gif

user46

I'm trying to be happy but i'm feeling lots of pressure!
ssad.gif

The first thing out my mom's mouth when I showed her the ticket was "i'm getting half" ... umm ... this was a present. Like ... at first I didn't say anything, but now i'm like no, thats not right. I would love to share with her, and my dad. The difference is, my dad asked for NOTHING...he was genuinely happy for me. my mom is happy for herself. At first I was going to give her 8,000 ... but I decided to give her 6. I mean, would you guys be mad at that? and I'll give my dad 2. Invest some. Spend some (
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif
) and just save and stack on top of that. I just feel bad because my mom did buy me the ticket ... but at the same time it's not fair that she's being so greedy. Again, I have NO problem sharing. But don't buy people scratch off's and feel entitled to get the winnings yourself.

She bought my ticket the same time she bought a co-workers ... and I'm like now what if he had gotten that ticket ... she would DEFINITELY not get 6,000

TISH1124

^^ Honestly it's your gift....Whether you give her $1k or $0K it's your choice. It does not become a half if you win....She gave the tickets to you and they are yours to do what you please. So sorry she is pressuring you that way...I even asked my Mom what she would do...she said I woud not expect anything...If it was a gift to you then that is what it is. I said I would probably take you on a shopping spree if I won or a mini vacation....But would I give her $6K, I don't think so...and I doubt that my Mom personally would even take it... Ask her if she wants the $3 back she paid for it ...sorry...But just say'n A Gift is a Gift!

user46

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
^^ Honestly it's your gift....Whether you give her $1k or $0K it's your choice. It does not become a half if you win....She gave the tickets to you and they are yours to do what you please. So sorry she is pressuring you that way...I even asked my Mom what she would do...she said I woud not expect anything...If it was a gift to you then that is what it is. I said I would probably take you on a shopping spree if I won or a mini vacation....But would I give her $6K, I don't think so...and I doubt that my Mom personally would even take it... TAsk her if she wants the $3 back she paid for it ...sorry...But just say'n A Gift is a Gift!

Trust, I've asked a million people, and they said the same thing. I really don't want to give her that much. I WANT to give her like less and less everything I think about it.

TISH1124

^^ Give her the amount you want to give her...Not the amount she is requesting...If you want to give her $6K give her $6K ...If you want to give her $2500 give her that! ....It's YOUR MONEY!! Put it in the bank and just tell her you are not touching it and you are saving it for something important...But you are not obligated to share anything with anyone. If you had won a box of chocolates would she have expected you to give her half the box...NO?? If you had won $10 she would not have wanted $3

glassy girl

Wow so freakin amazing!! Wow i would still be expecting the 400$ from my mom (LOL) Do what ur heart tells u im a mom and if i gave my son a ticket cuz i didn't by him a present i would def not expect nothing. Now if it were under different circumstance i might expect half if i bought the ticket lol.

glassy girl

Just out of curiousity are u still in the home( cuz if i were on my own i def would not give nothing) but if she stills supports u it might b nice to give a little something. But then again she stills owes u 400$ tell her she can keep that lol.

TISH1124

I guess I don't get it...when you give someone a gift....It's a gift...to ask for any part of it back is being selfish and a indian giver IMO. I would personally be happy if you decided to give me any...But to expect it...I am just not understanding that.

Now if you do live in her house and she does provide for you..I would feel like I owe her something for all she has done. If you pay your own bills and contribute to the household bills then I would not feel a true obligation...But this would probably be the money I used to get my own place if that was the case.