You'll never believe this..

rimberry

Congratulations, that is so awesome. I have to agree that it was a gift, but at the same time I think it you shouldn't let this become into a rift with your mom.

glassy girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
I guess I don't get it...when you give someone a gift....It's a gift...to ask for any part of it back is being selfish and a indian giver IMO. I would personally be happy if you decided to give me any...But to expect it...I am just not understanding that.

Now if you do live in her house and she does provide for you..I would feel like I owe her something for all she has done. If you pay your own bills and contribute to the household bills then I would not feel a true obligation...But this would probably be the money I used to get my own place if that was the case.

I agree girl now as far as my comment in a early post i said i might expect in different circumstance is if i buy a ticket and give to my son i usally say if u win the big bucks were going half.( Mind u never expecting to win anything anyways) But 2 the op do what u want it's ur money, just don't let it get between u and ur mom.

user46

I do have my own bills (car insurance, cell, credit cards, gas and whatnot)... but I live at home also. Again, giving her ANYTHING is not my issue. The issue is that she's expecting some, and she's expecting A LOT.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACpro__*
I do have my own bills (car insurance, cell, credit cards, gas and whatnot)... but I live at home also. Again, giving her ANYTHING is not my issue. The issue is that she's expecting some, and she's expecting A LOT.

I totally understand...I would give her something towards my living expensive.....and that would pretty much sum it up...But it is your call to make on how much....She is probably expecting it because you live with her and she basically provides for you (room/board etc)...so in that case it is kind of understandable.....Does not make it right...But I do understand how she feels you may owe her since you are a grown up. I would probably give her about $5K me personally...But money does not mean that much to me to argue over it....I hope it all works out...and you guys do not fall out over it...Money can be the root of all evil and bring out the worst in some people....My dh and I have a vow that if we win big...we will not reveal our identity to anyone...family included.

glassy girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACpro__*

Wow this is suppose 2 be a super exciting moment 4 u and it seems like it's turning out 2 b a headach. I always said if i ever won the lotto i would never tell no 1 cuz when people find out u won everyone wants a piece. Anywho it looks like u have ur own bills and life 2 deal with so let ur mom understand it's a gift and thank her for it and give her what u want good luck girl. Enjoy u MONEY!!!

duch3ss25

Congrats, what an awesome gift!!! You're so lucky, that's like 1 in a million chance or something. I always buy those tix when I visit my bf in the East Coast but have never won anything more than 250 bucks =( And my name literally means "luck" too lol. So girl, your lucky stars were shining on you and the MAC gods willed it so you have more to spend this year. Congrats, I'm so happy for you!!!

.k.

WOW! merry christmas missy! u can buy lots of mac with that lol! is your mom claiming her share?
winks.gif

*oh nvm i just read she is hehe

ImMACnificent

I just wanted to jump in and comment about the issue with your mom.

I truly think you should tell her that she is making you feel pressured. Tell her that you have already planned on giving her some money but that you feel it is unfair for her to expect a certain amount. You need to "own your reality", say how you feel, because like a wise person once said to me, when you don't say how you feel to someone, the only person you are hurting is yourself.

I would let her know that you want to be excited about this, but feel it is difficult when everyone expects something from you. You need to have your moment. I really think if you are assertive with her, tell her how you feel, she might back off. Hope it works out. You deserve your moment of happiness!

Blushbaby

Merry Christmas to YOU lady!!! Enjoy your winnings! What a fab pressie and a great start to 2009! Enjoy!

NicksWifey

Bless you! Merry Christmas to you!
smiles.gif

I won $20 off a $2 ticket yesterday and was feeling pretty good about myself until I read this thread, LOL. That's awesome though!!

TISH1124

^^^ LOL ...My dh bought me 4...I won a free ticket ...WTF where is my 30K...oh thats right Ms thang has it already !!!