your most hated mac e/s?

2Fruits

I hate newly minted, trax AND YOGURT (the name really turns me off
ssad.gif
)

Junkie

Oh man...so many people posted colours that I love! Trax was actually my VERY first eyeshadow from MAC - I loved it...I'm on my second pan. Although I think I might've gotten a bad batch the second time around because it just doesn't go on the way I remember [colour wise].

My most disliked eyeshadow would probably be Vibrant Grape, Lime & Parfait Amour all for the same reason - it feels like they don't blend well and to build up colour - it takes a lot of effort and you really need to pack it on.

I can also relate with Beauty Marked in terms of colour on the lid vs/ colour in the pan....I was a bit disappointed but I still love the colour. I use it as a darker crease [V] colour instead of a black...Carbon and Black Tied are sometimes a bit too dark to do the job I want to do.

Ravenciara

For me it's Juxt. It looked so pretty and when i first started my e/s collection, I had to have it.. Talk about poor color payoff, I was disappointed!

BlueMoonDoll

Oh, I love Newly Minted. I hated it at first and then, for whatever reason, thought to use it with NYX Milk as a base, humid in the crease, and another matte as a highlight. I get tons of compliments on it.

My most hated eyeshadow would have to be Romping. It is a crazy bright fuchsia weirdness--I don't remember buying it. Maybe I was in a fugue state? My goal this year is to figure out how to use it. Somehow.

Karmandine

Parfait Amour. I got it for Christmas and was excited to try it because it looks so lovely in the pan, but the colour payoff just isn't great. :/

Ruby_Woo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i love trax too! i'm hating on juiced right now... i find it hard to blend and it's quite powdery so i get it everywhere!

I've used Juiced all over the lid, and then went over it w/ plumage as as sort of dark green/blue smokey eye. I know it sounds weird, but it looks good! Try it
smiles.gif

as for the eyeshadows that I wouldn't mind getting discontinued:
-Idol Eyes
-Mythology
-Filament
-Retrospeck
-Honey Lust
-Honesty

These are like pure chunk particle glitter and NO color. I don't like em at all!

Door

I was going to write that I don't hate any of my MAC e/s, because I don't have that many and I try to select only colors that look good on me and goes with my exsisting e/s collection.

BUT, I have to say that I could live without Nanogold (from spiced chocolate quad) and Tickles (from take wing quad). Both are lustres with super poor color pay off.

After reading a tip from Specktra (use lustres with Fix+), I can now use both e/s.

ShockProof

I actually like Beauty Marked, unlike a lot of you, but I use it as the black color in smokey eye looks with purples or plums. Passionate works well for me too. I pack it on though for an opaque true red color, which I know is not everyone's look.

I hate Satin Taupe. *gasp*, I know. Applied heavily it's just ugly on me, blended out it looks like reddish grey sludge.

Caderas

i reallllly don't like Greensmoke! it came in my student kit, but what a waste. a undefined green color that's a glittery fall out bomb on my face. downgrade MAC!

January

Retrospeck, I've had it forever and never found a way to use it. When I swatch it on my hand I'm just turned off. My friend picked it up for me in place of a shadow I wanted that they were sold out of.

Poesy

Trax is also one of my most hated.

And I'm afraid to even say this, since I know it's a lot of people's favorite, but another most hated for me is All That Glitters. Just looked horrible on me.

obscuria

Maira's Magic (aka Maira's Mood). It is a pretty color but its color payoff is terrible. I have to spend forever just to get the color to show.

gachapin_luv

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1LMAMAJ
i hate most of the lustre finishes.
ssad.gif

I totally agree.
I can't stand the texture. Yuk.

I also don't know why "Tempting" is loved by many. I got rid of it so quick.

Also hated Purple Haze, Nehru, Perfait Armour, Juxt.

Latest posts