YSL Discussion Thread

sweetscent

gosh now i can't use almost any other nail polishes but YSL. their new formula and the special angle flat brush is just great.
need to buy the metallic dark blue #17 as well #4.
clapping.gif

Monsy

i like both quads
http://www.weekendramblings.com/2012/12/ysl-spring-2013-makeup-swatches-collection.html

katred

Specktra Bestie
i like both quads
http://www.weekendramblings.com/2012/12/ysl-spring-2013-makeup-swatches-collection.html
Thanks Monsy! I love both the nail lacquers... I can never bring myself to buy an YSL quad because they're so expensive up here ($74). They are really pretty, though.

Monsy

i am thinking of getting Top Secrets Flash Radiance Skincare Brush. i've tried it in store and really liked it. i think it would be great under TE foundation
not that i need another primer...

CartoonChic

Have you tried 48 on it's own? If not what are you pairing it with? I want to see if I can make it work one last time because it looks like it NEEDS to be something based of how it looks in the tube.
Sorry for the late reply. I missed this post. I tend to wear lipgloss with lipsticks, but I tried 48 on its own just to see it. Good greif! I would be so disappointed if I intended to wear it alone. Where did the color go?! Honestly, I would probably return it if I didn't get it to wear with lipstick. I'd pair it with dark, vampy colors like Smoked Purple, Yung Rapunxel, etc., or even just to wear on top of Nightmoth lip pencil.

geeko

I got a sample of the foundation in Le teint touche eclat foundation from them and I really love the light weightness of this foundation and the dewy look it gives me without looking oily. and it does not cake up on me nor oxidise on me. I love it so much that I went back and bought the full size bottle of the le teint touche eclat foundation

Miss QQ

i am thinking of getting Top Secrets Flash Radiance Skincare Brush. i've tried it in store and really liked it. i think it would be great under TE foundation
not that i need another primer...
Let us know if you get it. Does it have any strong scent? I saw the Top Secrets range briefly and I am impressed.

Shypo

Yes, they're re-treads. Bummer! I love these quads, but geez, couldn't they get a bit more creative and release something new? 19 is my all-time fave!!

And I guess I missed the Boreal Highlight Palette - which really annoys me since I'm pretty diligent about catching the YSL collections.
crybaby.gif

shadowaddict

Yes, they're re-treads. Bummer! I love these quads, but geez, couldn't they get a bit more creative and release something new? 19 is my all-time fave!!

And I guess I missed the Boreal Highlight Palette - which really annoys me since I'm pretty diligent about catching the YSL collections.
crybaby.gif

Do you have #10? I can't get it off my mind. I love all greens. Some of the swatches look very glittery. I think #19 looks really pretty also. Have you had any trouble with the rosy shade in it?

I bought a plummy Dior quad and it seems to irrate my eyes some, not a great deal. I've only worn it twice but both times it happened. I've never had that happen with any shadows or liners with red as some people do. But this my first Dior e/s in that color range. I still find it odd that in my gazillion shadows in all colors this is the first to do that.

Shypo

I do not have #10 but have swatched it a few times. On my cooler skin tone, they don't look that great, and I find the colors to be at odds with each other - probably because of the bright white highlighter. It might look different on the eye, and I did find a post on Perilously Pale's blog where she describes it (and quite likes it). I do not have problems with the pink shade in 19 - but I'm able to wear pink shadows without looking like a bunny rabbit for some bizarre reason. One trick is to use it between the crease color and the brow highlight and blend well - it gives a nice effect. That's strange about the Dior color - I wonder if Dior uses a different ingredient in their pink/plum shadows than other lines?

Shypo

^^ Thanks for that link - I had seen the photo this weekend when I asked my Nordies SA what was up with the re-promote of the 2 quads. She said something happened and they were required to replace the spaces in the unit with existing quads. She didn't know what the issue was. This quad looks interesting, but not sure if it's interesting enough for me to buy..... but we'll see.
girlhaha.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
What are people's thoughts on the cream blushes? I'm not usually a fan of cream or liquid blush because they either don't blend well or fade too quickly, but I met Becca's beach tints recently and was impressed enough that I'm thinking maybe I just haven't tried the right cream blushes.

Shypo

Ok, with photos like that, I'm done for. Yes, it will go quite nicely with my others!!
girlhaha.gif
Thanks for posting!

Kate, I haven't tried them, but I've heard people really like them. I'm not a fan of cream/liquids for the same reasons you state, but have never had the urge to try these.......perhaps I'm missing out as well. I'm going to Sephora tonight so I might check them out to see how they apply...won't help much to determine wear time on my face, but we'll see.

Latest posts