YSL Fall 2015- Rock, Edgy and Young

ashievic

The Rock palette reminds me of the Chanel Holiday 2012 or it might have been 2011 with the Chanel button emboss on the colors. It was gold, pink, burgundy and can't remember the other color. It is not a dupe for it, but a cousin to it.

Medgal07

The Rock palette reminds me of the Chanel Holiday 2012 or it might have been 2011 with the Chanel button emboss on the colors. It was gold, pink, burgundy and can't remember the other color. It is not a dupe for it, but a cousin to it.
Oh I know which one you mean-----I have it------ Harmonie du Soir (5203), holiday 2012. The other color is taupe. I'll have to compare them.

TinTin

Fall palette with green Kohl on lower lashline, deep blue felt tip liner layered over black on upper lash line. Burgundy faux cils mascara. Singles used for brow bone highlight and inner corner.
3040c819_20150718_183952.jpeg
4b444e19_20150718_183955.jpeg
I didn't do this artistry, my Nordies SA did. Didn't pick up the palette though since I have so many similar colors.

ashievic

In the lip shine, the burgundy/purple one is a pretty close to Chanel Emotion lip shine. If you own that, to me, no need to purchase the one in this collection. But heck, everyone thinks and see things differently. I do love the quint shadow. The eyeliner is a challenge for hooded eye club members. Or it could be I am just a glutz.......I used the white in the tube lip gloss over TF Violet Fatale and it was incredible. As it was over TF Black Orchid. Perfect to go with the quint eyeshadow.

ashievic

Played with this today. The two new glosses are fun, the lip shines a pass. They are dupes for Chanel I already own. Liked the eye shadow. Nothing like TF summer, much deeper and more blacken then the pink of TF summer.

Which Chanel glosses do you think are dupes? #191 by any chance? I was wondering if the Mac Viva Glam Rihanna 2 might be similar. Any news of the 3rd gloss?
The 3rd gloss is a repromate. Sorry for the late reply, I think I should be caught up on laundry by Thanksgiving....and the bills that have been stacked waiting for my return.

ashievic

I ordered the Rock Resille palette and the 2 glosses and they should arrive today. I want one of the shine lipsticks too.
All of the lip shines are really close to what Chanel released previously. Yes, I ran back and forth between counters and found dupes for all of them. If you don't own the Chanel ones, great purchase.

Icecaramellatte

All of the lip shines are really close to what Chanel released previously. Yes, I ran back and forth between counters and found dupes for all of them. If you don't own the Chanel ones, great purchase.
No, I don't have the Chanel ones and I've been wanting to try this formula. I think now may be a good time. Thanks.

ashievic

I love this formula. But to avoid on being the TV show "Hoarders" I have taken to making sure what I purchase is not a dupe or a close dupe. Need to pace myself, or I will be in the welfare line. But I will look pretty!!!!! As well as being sure I would ever use this stuff. As in the Dior liquid shadows. Again colors are yummy, but for my hooded eyes and lack of patience, they will never be used.....

ashievic

I was in a rush this morning and applied the new lilac color lip gloss. I meant to apply over a lipstick, not bare lips. I was too frazzled at point to wipe and start over. So I applied Armani 524 lipstick over it. It really looked nice. Who knew????

Vineetha

:haha: I am not usually that big on dust pouches for palettes, but I do wish the ysl ones came with one!! These palettes literally do stick together and to other palettes lol!! :sigh:

Icecaramellatte

girlhaha.gif
I am not usually that big on dust pouches for palettes, but I do wish the ysl ones came with one!! These palettes literally do stick together and to other palettes lol!!
sigh.gif
Funny you mention this. I was working on my organization yesterday and had to arrange these palettes so they don't rub up against anything.

Medgal07

girlhaha.gif
I am not usually that big on dust pouches for palettes, but I do wish the ysl ones came with one!! These palettes literally do stick together and to other palettes lol!!
sigh.gif
Oh they sure do!!! Especially the YSL Bleus Lumière Eye Shadow Collector Palette
icon_eek.gif

KiKi Kontour

My YSL palette is here (SANS A DUSTER) and i couldn't be more excited to throw these on my lids!! i actully got a new job YAAAAY ME and i'll be headed back into the 9 to 5 world so i'm gearing my professional dress n pumps looks up lol. I'm really excited for burgundy and olive shades this season!

that shifty pinky lilac highlight color is too cute!! i have big plans for this baby

Icecaramellatte

My YSL palette is here (SANS A DUSTER) and i couldn't be more excited to throw these on my lids!! i actully got a new job YAAAAY ME and i'll be headed back into the 9 to 5 world so i'm gearing my professional dress n pumps looks up lol. I'm really excited for burgundy and olive shades this season!

that shifty pinky lilac highlight color is too cute!! i have big plans for this baby
Congrats on the job! I know you will rock the palette and do amazing looks.