ZUCA Pro Artist

MUALindsay

Yippie, it's here!!!
yahoo.gif

I ordered the Pro Artist over the ZUCA for MAC one because of the Pro frame. The Pro frame is TSA compatible and will most likely fit in all overhead airplane bins. For some dumb reason or another, they put the MAC one on the Sport frame. This one is $16 more than the MAC one, but also comes with an extra bag.

Here you can see there is a label holder to label each bag.

I took some pictures with some stuff in it, so you can get an idea of the size of the bags. It included 4 "Utility Bags" and 1 "Standard Packing Pouch". PS> The MAC Palettes are 6 high.

howleekorian

Best traincase I have seen thus far. It looks easy to haul around. I have seen some very bulky traincases and I feel they defeat the purpose. Great buy!

MUALindsay

Thanks all. Hopefully once I get it all packed up, I can take some more pictures. I'm fairly certain once all the bags get packed up and into the case, there will still be extra room up top.

LC

question... the pouch you have your palettes in...do you think that it would hold 2 of the larger palettes side by side? I've been wanting to get this. If one pouch could hold 12 large palettes that would be awesome

MUALindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by baci
question... the pouch you have your palettes in...do you think that it would hold 2 of the larger palettes side by side? I've been wanting to get this. If one pouch could hold 12 large palettes that would be awesome

th_confused_new.gif
You've confused me! The "utility pouch" that comes with this, 4 of them, each hold 12 '15 e/s pan palette' or '6 pan blush palette'. There is a photo of them about half way down. You can see the 'Eyeshadow' label. You could also fit some mascaras or similar size items in there.

Is that what you meant? Or were you referring to something else?
th_dunno.gif

There is 12 palettes in here (same pouch, different angle), 2 side-by-side, 6 high. There is no way you could go 7 high. Once you pick it up with the handle (on left in picture), they slide down a bit and you can fit some stuff on the side of them.

Makeup Emporium

I love it! This is a great traincase. Thanks for posting so many pics so we can really see how much this baby holds!!

LC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUALindsay
th_confused_new.gif
You've confused me! The "utility pouch" that comes with this, 4 of them, each hold 12 '15 e/s pan palette' or '6 pan blush palette'. There is a photo of them about half way down. You can see the 'Eyeshadow' label. You could also fit some mascaras or similar size items in there.

Is that what you meant? Or were you referring to something else?
th_dunno.gif

There is 12 palettes in here (same pouch, different angle), 2 side-by-side, 6 high. There is no way you could go 7 high. Once you pick it up with the handle (on left in picture), they slide down a bit and you can fit some stuff on the side of them.

this is exactly what i meant, sorry for the confusion lol sorry i totally missed those two pics on ur first post

nursee81

just wanted to know how you're liking this case. I am thinking about getting this but wanted to make sure it was worth it.

MUALindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursee81
just wanted to know how you're liking this case. I am thinking about getting this but wanted to make sure it was worth it.

I loaded it up with ALMOST my entire collection, for my cousin's wedding in TX. I would have normally not taken that much, but I wasn't sure what all I would need. I really should have taken pictures, and actually haven't "unloaded" it. So perhaps I can, in a few days, when my new digi cam arrives. Good reason to do test photos!
greengrin.gif

Everyone couldn't believe how heavy it was! What a bunch of weenies. I lifted it into the car quite a few times. It's got a handle cutout in the back and bottom, so it was easy to pick it up by the top and grab another handle. It was only heavy because of all the stuff in it. I should weigh it before I unpack it, too!

It worked out great, rolled great, was a real center of attention, too! I could tell these people haven't seen a real make-up artist, er, addict!

I was able to fit A LOT into the case! I didn't take but 1 of my full size pigments and none of my sample jars. I didn't take a few blushes/MSF's, or my Urban Decay Palettes, and I didn't need them, ha!

I can say the only 'downfall' I discovered is that the expandable pocket on the "door", shown below, can't be open and filled if all the packing pouches are in it. I had quite a few things in there, but if it could have been filled up, I could have fit a lot more.

I'll update in a few days... come on Kodak!
thmbup.gif

PS> Here's a pic from the photog's Facebook page... that's my hand! Hair and makeup by moi!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?p...id=42459363896

LC

looking forward to more pics, i really really want one but my collection is outrageous so i have no idea how itll all fit.

I know you said one pouch will hold 12 large palettes, so that's good, because I have 13 (maybe i can squeeze it in?
smiles.gif
), but i'm more worried about all of my foundations and powders. Take a look at my collection and tell me what you think about it all fitting. I also have like a black caboodle that I currently use for just my blushes (4 palettes and an ishload of pot blushes), so i was hoping between the zuca and my caboodle it could hold everythng. also, i just recently pumped out all my foundations into smaller 1oz plastic mac travelling bottles, so i know that'll save a ton of room. but i'm thinking one pouch for just foundations, one pouch for powders, one for eyeshadow palettes, that only leaves 2-3 more pouches for EVERYTHING else...idk..like i said, please look at my collection and see if you think it would all fit...thanks!!

lauren

MUALindsay

Going by memory and your 1st pic. There's no way that would all fit into the Zuca.
ssad.gif
However, I'd say more than half would, pending all your shadows are in palettes now?

I'd be mostly worried about your powders and lip products.

I had my foundations (Warm Graftobian palette, 5 color Neutral & Corrector), 2 F&B, 3 MUFE HD, primers, palette knifes & palettes, Moisturelush Cream, Face Wash, HD powder, Translucent powder and perhaps more in the bottom one.

Then I had 4 blush palettes, 2 MUFE HD blushes, 6? MSF's, NARS blushes, and I know more in #2.

8? Eyeshadow palettes in the next with some single shadows as well was NARS shadows.

Then I had Eye liners, quads, bases, shadesticks, mascara, etc in the 4th.

In the non full size one that isn't lined, I had all my lip products. ~30 lipsticks, ~30 glosses, ~12 dazzleglasses, liners & pro long wears.

On top of those I had my loaded brush roll. Inside on the side of the pouches I had a mirror, Beauty So Clean, brush cleaner, beauty blender cleaner, alcohol in a 2oz spray bottle.

In the "door" I had disposable things.

I hope that helps a bit. Are you looking for something to store ALL of your make up in or purely travel with it? For a wedding, there's no way I needed all I took, but I knew I'd be doing my cousin's makeup for her rehearsal, and I'm glad I took it all, as she ended up wanting green on her eyes, which isn't normal "bridal", haha!

I edited my previous post, right before you posted, so you might want to re-read.

LC

wahhhhhhhhhh
crybaby.gif

i'd REALLY prefer something that will hold all my stuff, because i know that for weddings and shoots i won't need even 1/10th of what I have, buutttt, it's how I store my stuff at home, because i work and travel every weekend for makeup jobs, so having to re-pack up my bag every week isn't convenient....gahh! my lipsticks I probably would just leave at home. I have a few lip palettes that hold 30 of my lipsticks right now and are super compact, and usually for weddings I use prolongwears anyway. so i'm sure in one pouch i could have my lip palettes, glosses, prolongwears, and liners

LC

and PS i just saw your fb page and we have the same bday!
smiles.gif
you're a year older though
smiles.gif

MUALindsay

Gee, make me feel old. Lol. J/k.

I PROMISE I will take pics and upload ASAP when I get my new camera! That will let you judge for yourself. I will be very detailed with everything, too. I was in such a hurry packing, I didn't get a chance to take pictures then. I'm not sure if I have pics of my home storage on here or not??? I have a dressing table from IKEA that houses most of it except my pigment samples and then my brushes are on top in a jar as well as some other things and then my palettes are in a wire DVD rack.

Latest posts