Any ladies wear serious heels [3"+] on a regular basis?

PBunnieP

My bf and I were just at the mall the other day and were observing women's footwear when he came to the conclusion that "Women like to spend money on fancy high heels but 95% of them dont seem to ever wear them regularly. So why do they buy them?"

I defnitely own quite a few pairs of adorable heels but find them such a pain to wear regularly so they just sit in their boxes most of the time. But I really wanna start to wear them more often [instead of runners/flats which enhances my already short height (5'3)]

Any tips on "getting used to" serious high heels? Is it the shoe? Is it just practice? Or are there tricks to wearing them without killing youself?

TISH1124

4+ andI wear them almost every single day...I have 1 pair of flats and 1 pair of sneakers that I only wear when I am working out or riding my bike

Shimmer

Though I do recommend walking around the house, vacuuming, etc. in them before just...wearing them out all the time...if you're not used to it.

Simply Elegant

I wear heels most of the time and find that starting out with wedges is easier and slightly thicker heels, not like anything chunky but not stilettos either helps. Also I find that suede shoes are easier to walk in because they'll stretch slightly whereas patent leather won't give at all. Getting the right size will make it really easy to walk in them.

kimmy

i wear heels around my house alot, just so i don't fall out of practice wearing them because you never know when something's going to come up and you're gonna want to wear them. you'll get used to them after a while, like shimmer said, just do your regular stuff in them.
smiles.gif

Repunzel

i wear 6 inch heels about 3 4 times a week.i change it up with high boots or 3 inch heels.its gonna hurt.the truth is heels are not good for us.and i get sore back,calves and knees from them.i do yoga and get massages regulary to ease the pain.but lets face it most things we like are not good for us chocolate, expensive items.

TISH1124

^^^ Wow...*Knocks on wood*...I have been wearing them for over 20 years and no problems yet...But I have heard they are not good for you....When I wear flats I trip because I am not used to wearing them.

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy
i wear heels around my house alot, just so i don't fall out of practice wearing them because you never know when something's going to come up and you're gonna want to wear them. you'll get used to them after a while, like shimmer said, just do your regular stuff in them.
smiles.gif

Augh.
Dammit.
You reminded me, I've got a thing Friday and was planning on wearing heels. Guess I know what I'll be tromping around in all week. *looks at fuzzy boots longingly*

TamiChoi

wear them!
if my heels are a pain in the ass, i put those jelly things in them.
it makes it less painful, otherwise you'll pretty much get used to them after a while.

S.S.BlackOrchid

I wear them all the time when I'm not working. Most of my shoes are 3.5+ heels, and then I have 2 boots and one pair of flats. It's comfortable for me because I am used to them.

It's also important get the high quality ones that are cushioned, feel sturdy and are the perfect size (if the shoes is too loose, it won't support your ankle and if it's too tight, it will squish your feet).

Blushbaby

I have LOADS of heels (well shoes in general), the majority are 4 inches high. I have 3 pairs a lil higher, one pair I wore out last night. These which are 5 inches high:

Faithtaupeplatforms.jpg

My ex was the same height as me so I wore flats most of the time and wore heels on nights out with the girls. My current boyf is also the same height as me so again I'm usually in flats when we're out and about.

I have trouble walking in my heels now cos I've switched from 4 inchers in the day to flats 80% of the time and I feel I need to "retrain" my feet in walk in them again which is proving quite difficult. Don't ask me how the hell I managed in my 5 inchers last night ..I walked very sloooooowly taking lill' steps on the walk from the car to the club!
th_dunno.gif
th_LMAO.gif

I find walking about in heels indoors doesn't prepare you at all. There's a distinct difference between a fluffy carpet and hard concrete outside unless you're walking about on a hard surface.

Arrrrrgh I need to take my ass back to bed and come off here! It's 3:20am in London!
thmbdn.gif

MiCHiE

I love to wear heels, but I just cannot walk 2 blocks to the club or any other extended distance on hard concrete in them---even with inserts. I'm fine with that, considering I wear 4" when I do wear them. I just don't understand how some of these girls do it, especially in the cheap a$$ shoes I've seen.

spacegirl2007

i wear 3"-4" almost every day.
the trick with heels and comfort, i have found, is that you really get what you pay for. most of my shoes cost about $150-$200 originally (i hit up the sales). also i buy natural materials, no vinyl, pleather, plastic, etc.
another thing that helps is if you get shoes with a bit of a platform, since that cheats it a little (for example, if you have 4" heels with a 3/4" platform, it will be not nearly as bad. this is how strippers can walk on 6" heels).

PBunnieP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushbaby
I have LOADS of heels (well shoes in general), the majority are 4 inches high. I have 3 pairs a lil higher, one pair I wore out last night. These which are 5 inches high:

Faithtaupeplatforms.jpg

My ex was the same height as me so I wore flats most of the time and wore heels on nights out with the girls. My current boyf is also the same height as me so again I'm usually in flats when we're out and about.

I have trouble walking in my heels now cos I've switched from 4 inchers in the day to flats 80% of the time and I feel I need to "retrain" my feet in walk in them again which is proving quite difficult. Don't ask me how the hell I managed in my 5 inchers last night ..I walked very sloooooowly taking lill' steps on the walk from the car to the club!
th_dunno.gif
th_LMAO.gif

I find walking about in heels indoors doesn't prepare you at all. There's a distinct difference between a fluffy carpet and hard concrete outside unless you're walking about on a hard surface.

Arrrrrgh I need to take my ass back to bed and come off here! It's 3:20am in London!
thmbdn.gif

Hahaha, you are so adorable! I am so impressed by those 5 inch heels
drools.gif

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥MiCHiE♥
I love to wear heels, but I just cannot walk 2 blocks to the club or any other extended distance on hard concrete in them---even with inserts. I'm fine with that, considering I wear 4" when I do wear them. I just don't understand how some of these girls do it, especially in the cheap a$$ shoes I've seen.

AMEN!!!! I cannot walk a block in cheap shoes...I will buy inexpensive quality clothes...But I never slack on shoes for real...Not to mention they look like crap....

concertina

God, I *wish* I could wear heels. But I have a *slight* difference in the length of my legs (8 mm) and a tilted pelvis, so heels just kill my lower back. Killkillkill.
ssad.gif

hhunt2

When I was 19/20, I would wear high heels everyday to work. I would have to force myself to wear them. But when my feet started to hurt, I would take off my shoes and walk around the office bare foot. lol

Whenever I would hear someone walk towards my desk, I would put my heels back on asap. lol

But nowadays, I wear flats or wedges.
I gave up my hot shoes for comfort. It's tuff being a mom to a dog that acts like a child, being a wife to a busy business man, working a tuff job/running an office, etc. At the end of the day, my feet hurt so bad (adding high heels to that, forget it).

TISH1124

LOL I was at my Mom's today and her foot is a little wider than mine...and I had on a new pair of high heel strap sandals...I asked her would she walk in them for about 30 mins to stretch them out a little...She looked at me and said HELL NO...I would not wear those clod hopper pole shoes for 30 secs...I said we are just in the house...she said Hell NO, I don't care, what if I fall and break a leg!! I said Mom they are only 4", don't you think you are over exaggerating ...She said take them to the shoe shop and get them stretched...I said why pay when you can do it for free...she absolutley refused...and this is a woman who I can remember not many years ago wearing 3-4 in heels daily...She was so funny....

edit it was these
madden2.jpg

after about 3 hours they are good now!!