Any ladies wear serious heels [3"+] on a regular basis?

PBunnieP

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyzon
I'm 5'10 and I wear 3 inch heels on the daily
smiles.gif
I love what it does to my posture, my legs, and I love pushing 6'2 and looking down at some of the men in the office who already have an attitude problem and a bit of a short men's complex as it is. I hear constantly 'why would you want to wear heels when you're tall already?!' but I don't care. I think heels are sexy and empowering. Sometimes my legs are sore after a long day but luckily I'm sitting most of the day. If I was standing all day, I still doubt I'd go lower, just invest in higher quality shoes!

Btw, flip flops KILL my feet. When I try wearing them for an extended period of time I end up with shooting pains in my arch or cramps - they have ZERO support. Heels actually have tons more support than a flat flip flop!

I totally agree about the flip-flops! Most people say they are so comfortable but I find they hurt my feet so bad if i walk around in them.

Dahlia_Rayn

I have a few pairs of heels, but I am nearly 6' without them, so I don't wear them often. They make my legs look hot though, but it'd be totally impractical for my job where I walk a lot and stand in one place even more.

S.S.BlackOrchid

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacegirl2007
i wear 3"-4" almost every day.
the trick with heels and comfort, i have found, is that you really get what you pay for. most of my shoes cost about $150-$200 originally (i hit up the sales). also i buy natural materials, no vinyl, pleather, plastic, etc.
another thing that helps is if you get shoes with a bit of a platform, since that cheats it a little (for example, if you have 4" heels with a 3/4" platform, it will be not nearly as bad. this is how strippers can walk on 6" heels).

Agreed, platforms help A LOT.

1.jpg

My favourite pumps. So comfortable.

chocolategoddes

Anybody who knows me knows I'm a vans/ sneakers girl. I don't own a pair of heels though I've been itching for a pair of Louboutins!

Honestly, the only time I could see myself wearing heels is if I'm trying to impress a guy and look sexy. Same goes for push up bras and shaving my legs above the knee.
A cause des garcons...

rachybloom

I wear them all the time :p I go to a college with a HUGE campus (like, it takes me about 20-30 minutes to get to most of my classes..) and I don't let it stop me from wearing them! I'm only 5'4 and my bf is 6'4 so I can wear anything and still not come close to him. I'm especially loving the high-heeled booties (like ankle boots), they're relatively comfortable but still edgy and sexy. I get a lot of either a.) approving looks from other fashion-lovers or b.) glares from girls who are jealous they're not brave enough to wear them :p I don't know why they're such a scary thing to wear, I think they're a classic look but still fun and sexy!! Of course, my feet need a break every once in a while so I'll wear them at most three times during the week and usually on Saturday too.. but I did get these "foot petal" things (they're like foot pads) from Nordstrom that you put in your shoes right at the ball of the foot (that's where I get the most pain) and I can tell you it has definitely helped!!

I agree with the platform shoes, and I try to steer clear from super skinny stilettos too. I LOVE chunky heels or a basic pump.. not such a fan of super skinny stilettos on a regular basis.. they're cute but I think there's cuter options that are more comfortable too.

Just a warning though.. My mom was a ballet dancer when she was younger, so she didn't have the greatest knees to begin with, and she worked at JFK airport for five years and wore 4" heels everyday.. she's had two knee surgeries because of a torn meniscus.. and the doctor told her that the heels weren't the sole problem but DEFINITELY were a factor in exacerbating it. If you have a history of joint problems or anything.. maybe steer clear. Or you could just not care like me.. I've been ice skating for 13 years and have awful hips and knees.. But I say you only live once
smiles.gif
My mom definitely does not approve haha.

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBunnieP
REALLY? Feet can shrink? Wow. How does that work?

NO idea. I don't know if it's normal.
My jump boots don't fit anymore, shoes I bought back in 2003, 2004, 2005 don't fit anymore, even recent as 2006...they don't fit. I don't wear any of my shoes regularly enough to really stretch them out, since I've got so many pair.

banjobama

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBunnieP
I totally agree about the flip-flops! Most people say they are so comfortable but I find they hurt my feet so bad if i walk around in them.

It must depend on the person (like most everything in the world). In the summer and when it's warm enough and not raining outside, I LIVE in flip flops. I bought a leather pair at American Eagle and had them for maybe three years, till finally they got lost.

carandru

I love flip flops b/c they are super easy in the summer time, but walking in them for extended periods? My ankles feel like
angry.gif
! Those things have no support at all, none. I made the mistake of wearing them shopping in downtown Chicago one time......
ssad.gif
. I would have rather had on heels.

O, have any of you checked out the "cool off" inserts they sell at Aldo? Those inserts are the greatest thing to happen to heels since heels were invented, lol. Not only do they cushion your foot, but they're terry cloth on top to help absorb sweat. They help prevent that whole sweaty foot sliding forward thing which is especially great for nights out dancing. I believe they are $7, come in black and white, and are sized just like aldo shoes. I would suggest going one size down on the inserts just to make sure they fit fully into the shoe.

k.a.t

I can walk in them...kind of but they kill so so much! though maybe that's because i don't actually own any expensive/high quality ones...i'm just getting into them, i only have 2 pairs..and a pair of high heel boots, bout 4'
I wear flats all the time but i defo wanna invest in a pair of nice, good quality heels....i just love how they look and make you feel
smiles.gif

Shaquille

My sister wears 3" regularly. I think the key is just practice.

I used to wear flats all the time and even 2" killed me kinda. But then I tried to walk in it everyday now I live in my 2". I do have some killer heels for special occasions. I like to spend more money for killer heels because they are very comfy and look pretty of course, to be worn for the special occasions
smiles.gif

vocaltest

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobama
Uh, what? Can you link this?

I'm trying to find it online. I read it in the Daily Mail. Hopefully it'll have it on there. It was quite interesting but also a bit like 'huh?'. I remember it said kitten heels were the best.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by vocaltest
Ugh I wish I could wear heels. It hurts me so much I just can't bare to do it. Last time I wore heels was out to my friends birthday, and I ended up with blisters on the soles of my feet
ssad.gif

A girl I know wears heels so much that she can't wear flats now.
But... I did read in the paper a few months back that wearing stilettos are better for you than flats. Flats put much more pressure on your heels and calves and can damage your feet, eek!

I can't imagine this to be true...But for the sake of my back and calves years down the road I hope so!

Shaquille

I haven't read those articles up there, but I have heard some suggestions from my aunt's doctor.
It's alright to wear those extra inches regularly, however you MUST balance it as well with regular exercising, more importantly jogging and running.

PBunnieP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
^^^ Tell your Aunt's doctor I would like a better suggesstion please...How about a brisk walk
graucho.gif

Hahaha! Ditto!