Any ladies wear serious heels [3"+] on a regular basis?

kaliraksha

I have a friend who wears heels on a constant basis.. you know wedges with shorts, boots for "comfort" etc. She puts them on as she's getting ready for the day or to go out so she gets use to them. She said you just have to start on something more stable- wedges, ankle straps, boots with heels and get use to them. So basically, just wear them.

What has worked for me- I don't buy shoes that are hot as hell in the store but I can barely walk in them thinking I will "break them in". If they are uncomfortable in the store they will probably still not be as comfortable as shoes that fit nicely in the store. What I look for as I am starting out on heels- something that ties at the ankle, stacked heels, wedges, thicker heels, a little platform in the front, bendable material, the right angle at which my feet are pointed down. Things I avoid right now but want to someday own- really thin strappy heels, heels that flop a lot, super stilettos, stilettos with pointy shoes (I can only do one or the other right now). I also buy the right size (never half a size lower)... also if a shoe is too narrow I may search for something similar on Zappos that comes in a wider width.

If a shoe is slightly tight I will wear them in the house, looking like a fool, with a pair of socks to stretch them out a bit. Then I try them on, if they aren't where I want them yet I may try two pairs of socks. I definitely wear them occasionally at home just to get a feel for them... because I tend to wear them when I drink and getting a feel for them then is... dangerous.

When I do go out in heels for the first time I tend to wear them somewhere where I won't be standing a lot/walking. So I will wear them to dinner where there is a parking lot or my bf will drop me off at the door.

Foot petals really help if the balls of your feet hurt or your shoes slide a lot. I buy the Dr. Scholls inserts as well... but they move around a lot.. so once I've found where I want them to stay I Gorilla Glue them on so they don't slide... and those suckers won't go anywhere. Also if the back of your ankle gets scratched from your shoes buy those comfort strips. If you have pointy heels stuff the toe part with cosmetic foam wedges- comfy, absorbent.

Good thing is you will learn your own tricks as you go...

TISH1124

They also sell Shoe Stretch spray...this only really works in Genuine leather shoes...You spray the part that is tight and then walk in them normally for about 5-10 mins...really does work...

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaesiashden
I have to wear heels for work, which is 6 days a week at least 8 hours a day.

Sucks sometimes but im use to it.

This is a job requirement? Or just yur personal choice? If it is a requirement then are they responsible for your injuries if they occur.... 8 hrs a day 6 days a week is a little excessive...I pray you have a sit down job. I can say I wore heels everyday but the major of my time was spent sitting...and it was my choice not a requirement.

Shadowy Lady

I wear heels all the time and they are usually 3" or more. I'm actually sorta tall (about 5'7") but I don't care if I look like a giant with heels...hehehe...I ctually don't even feel comfortable in flats, I think it's just habit. The only time I wear flats (well sneakers) is when I go jogging!

carandru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
They also sell Shoe Stretch spray...this only really works in Genuine leather shoes...You spray the part that is tight and then walk in them normally for about 5-10 mins...really does work...

you can actually use ordinary rubbing alcohol for that too. My grandmother showed me that a long time ago, lol. Just put the alcohol on the inside of the shoe and put them on for a few minutes. The alcohol dries very quickly. I bet this is one of the main ingredients in that shoe stretch spray.

TISH1124

^^^ I threw the box away...It doesn't say on the bottle...But I'm sure you are probably right about the alcohol...the spray just smells better I'm sure...

amyzon

Quote:
Originally Posted by carandru
you can actually use ordinary rubbing alcohol for that too. My grandmother showed me that a long time ago, lol. Just put the alcohol on the inside of the shoe and put them on for a few minutes. The alcohol dries very quickly. I bet this is one of the main ingredients in that shoe stretch spray.

That's what I do!! But actually I just pour some over my toes (with open toed shoes where I don't wear socks obviously!), which is usually where the tightness and blistering happens, before I put them on for the first time, and they stretch to my feet really well.
winks.gif

Brie

I wear them all the time (except work). My view is why own em' if you don't wear them. All my shoes are 4' or higher.

PBunnieP

Actually, since someone mentioned platforms... [or shoes that have a bit of height at the front ----for cheating] does anyone find them HARDER to wear than regular heels?

I got inspired to pull out my high heel/slightly platformed boots today but found it just a little hard to balance. Just felt like i couldn't excert the right amount of force to keep me centered???

I dont seem to have the same problem with my regular heels...hmm...

This is an SIMILAR shoe to what i wore today... imagine it up to the knee and with out the laces.

064558_1_600x600.jpg

kaesiashden

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
This is a job requirement? Or just yur personal choice? If it is a requirement then are they responsible for your injuries if they occur.... 8 hrs a day 6 days a week is a little excessive...I pray you have a sit down job. I can say I wore heels everyday but the major of my time was spent sitting...and it was my choice not a requirement.

It's a job requirement,
I'm starting to get a bunion :-X

TISH1124

^^^ Thats terrible!! I wear them because I want to...I'm sure I would hate them if I had to wear them!

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaesiashden
It's a job requirement,
I'm starting to get a bunion :-X

Oh wow
ssad.gif
may I ask what type of place you work in?

ashleyisawesome

I WISH I could wear heels. I'm 5'8" and I feel like a giant in heels. Heels are made for petite girls, so I feel all amazon in them. Oh well...
ssad.gif

kittykit

I've a lot of heels. My new boots are 3+". I wear them to work everyday but I take them off once I'm in the office and change for another pair of heels about 2".

lindsay1024

I'm 5'10" and I usually just wear my heels (4"+) when I'm going out on the weekends, and I don't care if I look like a giant either
smiles.gif
I doesn't hurt my boyfriend is 6'4"...lol But seriously, using alcohol to help stretch them out really helps. And lots of practice
smiles.gif

Shimmer

34c94d6a.jpg

My name is Jamie and I'm a platform addict.

urgh. You can still see my fat ankle from the past two times I've sprained it.
ssad.gif