Any ladies wear serious heels [3"+] on a regular basis?

AliVix1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
LOL I was at my Mom's today and her foot is a little wider than mine...and I had on a new pair of high heel strap sandals...I asked her would she walk in them for about 30 mins to stretch them out a little...She looked at me and said HELL NO...I would not wear those clod hopper pole shoes for 30 secs...I said we are just in the house...she said Hell NO, I don't care, what if I fall and break a leg!! I said Mom they are only 4", don't you think you are over exaggerating ...She said take them to the shoe shop and get them stretched...I said why pay when you can do it for free...she absolutley refused...and this is a woman who I can remember not many years ago wearing 3-4 in heels daily...She was so funny....

edit it was these
madden2.jpg

after about 3 hours they are good now!!

omg what shoes are these i love them!! and i feel all your pain... i broke my ankle over the summer and still cant walk in heels normally even tho i refuse to go out at night in anything but heels... so its always an experience lol

TISH1124

They are Steve Madden...They have them at Zappos.com but they are $100 I bought them last week at Ross for $22.99 ...Going back to get the brown pair tomorrow.

banjobama

Hell no. I own a pair of boots with 1.5" heels and I wear them only occasionally.

It's because I'm 5'10"

Pushpa

i stopped wearing heels all the time awhile ago now i wear flats and comfortable shoes to work all day and i've always lived in flip flops but i still walk around my house in heels...i never want to get to that point where i cant wear all my beloved shoes hahaha...i wear heels all the time when i have errands and im on my own time...nothing makes me happier than sauntering around in high heels and bulgari shades
greengrin.gif

vocaltest

Ugh I wish I could wear heels. It hurts me so much I just can't bare to do it. Last time I wore heels was out to my friends birthday, and I ended up with blisters on the soles of my feet
ssad.gif

A girl I know wears heels so much that she can't wear flats now.
But... I did read in the paper a few months back that wearing stilettos are better for you than flats. Flats put much more pressure on your heels and calves and can damage your feet, eek!

banjobama

Quote:
Originally Posted by vocaltest
I did read in the paper a few months back that wearing stilettos are better for you than flats. Flats put much more pressure on your heels and calves and can damage your feet, eek!

Uh, what? Can you link this?

iadoremac

I have almost 40 pairs of shoes some i can wear everyday some only on special occasions all of them are between 4 or 5 inches high. And I have to wear them everyday because I dont have heels that are not high

florabundance

I wear heels absolutely always. I love em.
Tips for getting used to walking in them? TBH, i think it depends on your posture and/or how heavy you are on your feet if you know what I mean.
But i'm really getting into flats atm, particularly flat boots and i've realised just how practical they are ..as well as fly.

FlashBang

I ONLY wear heels and they are usually 5inch minimum.

Its winter so you can practise walking in boots with killer heels, I found sandles are always hard to walk in, hense I only wear those on nights out.

Erm, unfortunately its not good to wear heels all the time, it causes serious back problems in the long term as well as nasty bunions, just look at Victoria Beckhams feet!

I have the opposite problem, I dont wear flats and struggle to walk in them properly!
001_unsure.gif

carandru

Quote:
They are Steve Madden...They have them at Zappos.com but they are $100 I bought them last week at Ross for $22.99 ...Going back to get the brown pair tomorrow.

OMG, what/where is Ross?? Lol, I need to know where are they selling $100 shoes for $22.99 on a regular basis. Please tell me they have an online store... actually, don't b/c that would only feed my shoe addicition
lol.gif

TISH1124

No Ross does not have online...They are like Marshalls and TJMaxx...I thought they were everywhere...we had them in Ohio

you can probably do a store locator... .:: ROSS ::.

carandru

Quote:
Originally Posted by vocaltest
But... I did read in the paper a few months back that wearing stilettos are better for you than flats. Flats put much more pressure on your heels and calves and can damage your feet, eek!

I believe wearing shoes that are too either extreme (very flat or very high) are bad for you b/c they cause an uneven pressure distribution on your foot. That forces other part of your body to compensate which leads to the pain in you back, ankles, legs, etc. Either way, cheap shoes are usually main culprits
thmbdn.gif
as higher quality shoes are made to fit the foot better.

I have completely flat feet so pretty much every shoe hurts me somewhat. Flats are usually too flat and give me ankle problems if I walk in them for awhile. Tennis shoes make my feet cramp up due to the arch support. And high heels... well we all know how high heels are!

Blushbaby

Quote:
^^^ Flat Fred Flintstone feet here too!

Same 'ere! I just grimace through the pain! They never used to hurt as much as they sometimes do now though and I think that's cos I wore flats for almost 2.5 yrs straight!

Shimmer

Ever since I started climbing my feet have shrunk. I've got shoes that are way too big now and they kind of flop on my feet. :/

drenewt

I would advise to wear new shoes around the house for at least 20 minutes and if you can stand them for that long then you can stand them for much longer. Also, much of the pain just stems from the angle of your foot. If you wear platforms or wedges so that all of your body weight isn't on your toes/front of the foot, it's much better. Try shoes made out of ribbon they feel much better.

amyzon

I'm 5'10 and I wear 3 inch heels on the daily
smiles.gif
I love what it does to my posture, my legs, and I love pushing 6'2 and looking down at some of the men in the office who already have an attitude problem and a bit of a short men's complex as it is. I hear constantly 'why would you want to wear heels when you're tall already?!' but I don't care. I think heels are sexy and empowering. Sometimes my legs are sore after a long day but luckily I'm sitting most of the day. If I was standing all day, I still doubt I'd go lower, just invest in higher quality shoes!

Btw, flip flops KILL my feet. When I try wearing them for an extended period of time I end up with shooting pains in my arch or cramps - they have ZERO support. Heels actually have tons more support than a flat flip flop!

juniperstar

I wear boots with a heel between 3" to 4" daily, but they have a really sturdy heel. I think its so much more difficult to wear strappy sandals or pumps with a heel greater than 3". I used to for a couple months and gave up. It got easier with time, but once I dropped it, I felt like I was starting all over.

sharkbytes

I have the dreaded flat feet too
ssad.gif
Plus, I'm overweight so the pressure on my feet from wearing heels is pretty unbearable. When I was in shape, they didn't bother me nearly as much! Which is ironic since I *should* be wearing sneakers now anyway to go to the gym hehe

PBunnieP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
Ever since I started climbing my feet have shrunk. I've got shoes that are way too big now and they kind of flop on my feet. :/

REALLY? Feet can shrink? Wow. How does that work?