Any Washington St. Residents?

nwadrebma

Olympia!!

Hi Nicole! I live in Olympia too! I am thinking about taking a trip up to the cco sometime, I am a bargain shopper at heart. How often do you stop in to the Olympia MAC? Is it enough that you wouldn't have to go to another MAC store?

Spam.n.Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwadrebma
How often do you stop in to the Olympia MAC? Is it enough that you wouldn't have to go to another MAC store?

Hey Nicole, I shop at Olympia's MAC whenever I visit on weekends and I think it's fine. I notice that they have the LE stuff longer than Tacoma's MAC counter. Also, the service in Olympia is a lot better.

Also, has anyone heard of a MAC store opening in the U-District? My sister told me about it but I dunno if that's true.

Armyofonetiger

Where is the Olympia Mall? I'll be moving to the Olympia area at the end of Sept. Recently visited WA and stopped by the Tacoma Mall.

Spam.n.Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyofonetiger
Where is the Olympia Mall? I'll be moving to the Olympia area at the end of Sept. Recently visited WA and stopped by the Tacoma Mall.

Where will you be driving from? If you will be up north (Tacoma for ex) then you will wanna go I-5 south. Take the Port Angeles/Aberdeen exit (US 101). Take the Black Lake Blvd exit and turn right at the light. At the second light, take a left and the mall will be on the right side.

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoraptor
Just noticed this board existed. I live in Seattle, if you girls don't mind a girly guy shopping buddy.
smiles.gif
I love to shop!

If you ever want a good MAC buddy let me know! I live in Seattle! This goes for anyone in this forum! I know that Bellevue Square is having a cosmetics trend show on Sept. 30. If anyone wants to go it would be fun to meet up with some Specktraettes just to chat and meet.

JediFarfy

I found this out Friday, and HAD to share! Washington state will FINALLY have it's own MAC store!!!

Opening: November 18
Where: University Village

cheerleader.gif
cheerleader.gif
cheerleader.gif

:hump: :hump: :hump:
:cartwheel: :cartwheel: :cartwheel:
nanaparty.gif

:dance: :dance:
:dancey: :dancey:
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif

:woots:

Spam.n.Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFarfy
I found this out Friday, and HAD to share! Washington state will FINALLY have it's own MAC store!!!

Opening: November 18
Where: University Village

cheerleader.gif
cheerleader.gif
cheerleader.gif

:hump: :hump: :hump:
:cartwheel: :cartwheel: :cartwheel:
nanaparty.gif

:dance: :dance:
:dancey: :dancey:
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif

:woots:

Hmmm....I heard it'll open nov 6th. Oh well....I'M EXCITED!!!

JediFarfy

Well, I'll go up there on the 6th and see if it's open. If not, I can wait. I'm a Star Wars fan, so I'm used to camping out waiting for things. :p

YAY!!!

Makeuplovingal

Hi to all the gals from WA state...

Hello!!

I live in the Tri-Cities, but I just wanted to say, "Hi," since I am fairly new to this forum. If anyone else from the Eastern part of WA state wants a shopping buddy, feel free to contact me!! I love going to the MAC store/shopping!!
smiles.gif

--Lori

Spam.n.Rice

Hey Jedifarfy, do you know if the MAC store in the U-District will be a pro store? I heard it was but I'm not too sure.....

freyja313

Seattle Freestanding Store Info

My two favorite MA's from Bellevue Square left Nordie's to go to the freestanding store. I ran into them on 10/19 and they told me the opening date has been pushed back to the day after Thanksgiving.
weeping.gif
Bummed because I have to work that day. However, they'll be having an "official" grand opening party/event of some sort. Also, it's not Pro - just a regular ol' freestanding store.

And, really last minute but the Belle Square counter is having a seminar this Sunday at noon - if you're interested, give the counter a call and see if there are any spaces left. There's no prepay, I think because it was so last minute.

Editing 10/22: I attended the seminar at BS today and the trainer doing the seminar said 11/8 as the opening date, so now I'm confused. However, 11/8 was the original opening date and when I asked the MA on 10/19 what the opening date was she said day after Thanksgiving. When I made a face she said "I know, it got pushed way back." So...will update when I have more solid info.

JediFarfy

Wow, how confusing. I'd heard one date, and you've heard two! I'm working a ton through the end of the year (ah retail), plus just got a promotion, so I'd like to plan ahead to get up there and go crazy! Too bad it's not a Pro store. The nearest one is in Canada. Thanks for all the info!

coachkitten

Crap! I thought I heard that it was the 18th so I took the day off from work! I am sooo excited to have a MAC store! I hope that they send out invites for the opening!

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
Crap! I thought I heard that it was the 18th so I took the day off from work!.....

Hee hee. You are so cute!
lol.gif
I would do the same though (I think you know that about me).
smiles.gif

I am going to try to get to Seattle in Nov. I will let you know when I know for sure. I still can't believe that they are just now getting around to opening a freestanding!

Did you get the uber rare #205 brush that they had at Bell Square?

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Hee hee. You are so cute!
lol.gif
I would do the same though (I think you know that about me).
smiles.gif

I am going to try to get to Seattle in Nov. I will let you know when I know for sure. I still can't believe that they are just now getting around to opening a freestanding!

Did you get the uber rare #205 brush that they had at Bell Square?

They had the #205 brush? Did they have it for Huessence?

MAC_Whore

I saw that someone posted the Bell Square info in the #205 brush thread in MAC Chat. I think the stores that did have it were selling with Browbeat (don't quote me). Good luck!
smiles.gif

freyja313

coachkitten, if you want the 205 give the Belle Square counter a call and see if they still have it. Ask for Shekinah (sh-kye-nuh); she's the one I've been dealing with now that my other gals are gone. I went in to pick up a few extra 205s for backups and gifts and was gushing about it yet again. They were looking at me like I was nuts and we finally figured out they had misunderstood and thought it was an eyelash brush that you use after mascara to separate the lashes rather than an applicator brush. The MAs at the counter said they had about ten seconds worth of training on it ("hi, here's this brush, it's a 205") and didn't really know what to do with it. They commented that they think I'm the only person who's bought it so far!

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by freyja313
coachkitten, if you want the 205 give the Belle Square counter a call and see if they still have it. Ask for Shekinah (sh-kye-nuh); she's the one I've been dealing with now that my other gals are gone. I went in to pick up a few extra 205s for backups and gifts and was gushing about it yet again. They were looking at me like I was nuts and we finally figured out they had misunderstood and thought it was an eyelash brush that you use after mascara to separate the lashes rather than an applicator brush. The MAs at the counter said they had about ten seconds worth of training on it ("hi, here's this brush, it's a 205") and didn't really know what to do with it. They commented that they think I'm the only person who's bought it so far!

Thanks! I am going to have to give them a call today to see if I can pick it up after work.