Any Washington St. Residents?

Eoraptor

Oooh. Sweet! I live within easy walking distance of U Villiage! Would anyone care to join me on opening day?

coachkitten

Any news on the actual date that this opens? And do you think that they will get MAC couture stuff? TIA!

freyja313

Per my gals, opening date is still scheduled for 11/24/06 (day after Thanksgiving). I also confirmed this with an email to MAC's customer service. Not sure about the couture stuff...

Rust.Orange

They absolutely have MAC Couture and have had it since their opening on the 24th.
heart.gif
Nocturnelle, Jewelescent, Formal Black, Dress Sets, etc... it is all there [short of pro store items, of course].

iiifugaziii

k what? there's a freestanding store near seattle? where? I want to move to seattle within the next year and i'm looking for a macys/store and stuff and i want to transfer with mac. you ladies hear of anything else opening? PM me!
smiles.gif
get me outta so cal

coachkitten

There is a freestanding store at University Village in Seattle by the University of Washington. I just opened @ the end of November. Otherwise we only have MAC at Nordstroms in Seattle & surronding areas. The closest MAC in Macys is in Olympia & on the eastern side of the state. When are you moving to seattle?

iiifugaziii

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
There is a freestanding store at University Village in Seattle by the University of Washington. I just opened @ the end of November. Otherwise we only have MAC at Nordstroms in Seattle & surronding areas. The closest MAC in Macys is in Olympia & on the eastern side of the state. When are you moving to seattle?

welll.. i'm actually visiting there ina couple of days to talk to the managers there. probably won't be for a little while (but within the next year). depending on... 1. if i get a full time/management position there 2. sell the place i live in now and find housing arrangements. that'll take a few months, too. so we'll see! but i'll be flying there on monday evening and staying till thursday evening. it's going to be FREEZING. i can't wait. haha

MAC_Whore

It's been snowing.
smiles.gif

You're going to have a blast! I am born and mostly raised in Seattle. It is my favorite city in the world. Let us know how it goes.

kikidabest

wow I just found this
cheerleader.gif
....I just moved to Tacoma area from Germany, yeah so I dont know anybody or anything around here..lol..Ive been to Tacoma Mall but it sucks, if it wasnt for Mac I wouldnt even consider going there

Sti43

Yay ! I'm a WA stater too. I live in more north Seattle, (pretty close to UW). I visited the U Village MAC the first time when Raquel launched. There is an older lady there that is super nice! I'd recommend her!
greengrin.gif

I always go to CCO when I can since my SO lives close, but I usually go to the Northgate MAC. However I find that so many of the girls there are extremely rude. I will be going to the U Village MAC from now on.
greengrin.gif

Maybe I'll see ya guys around!! ^_^

JediFarfy

I just tried to get a bus route plan to get there, and it's three buses to get from West Seattle to UW, unless I want to go at 7am and get back at 5pm! Arg. I need a car. :p

BTW, Downtown Seattle can be rude too. Southcenter is great most of the time. Even they've heard stories about Downtown, which is definitely not a good sign. I can't wait to get up to the store.
greengrin.gif

Sti43

The worst BY far is Alderwood. I seriously cannot stand going to the MAC there, I usually don't even bother. I usually jsut go to Sephora there.

Once I was at the Alderwood MAC and as I was paying, I asked the girl if they had postcards left. She gave me the "what the hell are you talking about" look and was so confused. Her manager butted in and was like "What postcards do you need? WHICH ones are you looking for and why do you need them? You know we don't get them for every collection!" Sheesh!

coachkitten

I hate to say it but since the freestanding store opened and all my favorite MA's went to work there, I never go to Nordstroms anymore!
The girls at the Alderwood MAC counter have always been super rude to me.

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sti43
Yay ! I'm a WA stater too. I live in more north Seattle, (pretty close to UW). I visited the U Village MAC the first time when Raquel launched. There is an older lady there that is super nice! I'd recommend her!
greengrin.gif

I always go to CCO when I can since my SO lives close, but I usually go to the Northgate MAC. However I find that so many of the girls there are extremely rude. I will be going to the U Village MAC from now on.
greengrin.gif

Maybe I'll see ya guys around!! ^_^

Was her name Linda? She is my favorite! Her and Allison are the best MA's there!

iiifugaziii

hey guys i'm back from seattle now and i almost cried on the plane ride to long beach as i was leaving the city, looking out the window. hahaha. but seriousy. i almost did. i belong in seattle. i freakin'g love that city so much. I LOVE the MAC store!! The manager there is freakin' amazing and so nice! I went to two other mac nords and it just wasn't really that impressive especially compared to the mac store. Unfortunately, they're fully staffed right now, but I'm trying to move there by april/may. so you never know. I'm going to take any position that opens up if they'll give it to me. So hopefully, one day I can work there and help you fellow ladies with some make-up!!
smiles.gif
I <3 seattllllleee....
btw.. i stayed in queen anne. amazing. most beautiful view from the city and awesome walking distance from anything you need. I miss it so much already. can't wait to go back.

coachkitten

Seattle is such an amazing city! I am glad that you had a good trip! Hopefully when you move they will have a spot at the U-Village store.
smiles.gif

MAC_Whore

I have traveled alot. All over the world. Seattle is still my favorite city in the world. It makes me smile. You will be very happy there.
smiles.gif

When you get your job at the freestanding in May, you can be my new Seattle MA!
smiles.gif

freyja313

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiifugaziii
I went to two other mac nords and it just wasn't really that impressive especially compared to the mac store. Unfortunately, they're fully staffed right now, but I'm trying to move there by april/may. so you never know. I'm going to take any position that opens up if they'll give it to me.

Try the Nordstrom at Bellevue Square. They are dropping like flies there and I need a new person who will keep me updated on events and seminars! All my favorite MA artists went to the UVillage store and the remaining MA's that I knew at Bellevue have all left Nordstrom/MAC. I mostly shop at UVillage now but I'm still good for some spendage at Bellevue when there are events.
smiles.gif

coachkitten

Bellevue did lose a lot of good people when the MAC store opened.

Anyone heard any info on a Mac loves Barbie event at the U Village store? TIA!