Bare Escentuals (all)

cindiaz

Re: A Quick Bare Minerals Review

bare minerals didn't work for me,it creases on my skin when i smile (when i smile,it creases in the top part of my cheekbones under my eyes and it doesn't look good)and I don't have any visible wrinkles yet,but I'm glad that some people love it.

monter

I've been using the regular Bare Minerals in Fairly Light for probably about a year now - I'm starting trying the Matte today.
smiles.gif
I've read reviews in various places; some say that with the Matte, using the Mineral Veil is optional/unnecessary? Anyone that wears the Matte or girls that work at BE - thoughts?

I can definitely say that even just wearing the Matte for two minutes, the pores in my cheeks are less noticeable. Hoorah! We'll see how long that effect lasts, though.

Edit: Question about brushes - I don't really have a problem with my Flawless Face from my kit being scratchy, but I picked up a Mini Buki somewhere along the way that is definitely scratchy.
ssad.gif
Any suggestions for maybe non-BE brushes that will be good with BE and will give me fuller coverage than the Flawless Face? Or should I just go to the store and feel a couple Bukis until I find one that isn't so scratchy? My sister has one that is fine, so I know it's not ALL of them...

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by monter
I've been using the regular Bare Minerals in Fairly Light for probably about a year now - I'm starting trying the Matte today.
smiles.gif
I've read reviews in various places; some say that with the Matte, using the Mineral Veil is optional/unnecessary? Anyone that wears the Matte or girls that work at BE - thoughts?

I can definitely say that even just wearing the Matte for two minutes, the pores in my cheeks are less noticeable. Hoorah! We'll see how long that effect lasts, though.

Edit: Question about brushes - I don't really have a problem with my Flawless Face from my kit being scratchy, but I picked up a Mini Buki somewhere along the way that is definitely scratchy.
ssad.gif
Any suggestions for maybe non-BE brushes that will be good with BE and will give me fuller coverage than the Flawless Face? Or should I just go to the store and feel a couple Bukis until I find one that isn't so scratchy? My sister has one that is fine, so I know it's not ALL of them...

I feel like a broken record here, but: Everyday minerals makes a nice kabuki and a flat top kabuki for fuller coverage.
smiles.gif

If you're going to order from them, they also have a good mineral concealer you could try, and the eye kabuki is good for application.

Dr_Girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by monter
smiles.gif

ssad.gif

It's hit and miss with the BE kabuki. Mine was scratchy but my mother's wasn't. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my MAC 182. If you wan't something that covers less area and would be more precise, I'd say either the MAC 109 or 183.
Hope I got that right with the 183... the small bronzing brush? Also, is it LE?
If it's not available then there's the Benefit Bronzing Brush. HTH!

OH YEAH! The Alima Pure #25. It's got the longer handle and I feel that gives more control. Used it for a while until it was lost after a move.

Nicnivin

Bare Minerals Matte Foundation

Has anyone else tried it? I have, what I think is a pretty bad greasy T Zone, and I love the new Matte foundation, paired with Smashbox's Photo Finish Light Primer, I have never had a better experience with any foundation.

forevernars

Re: Bare Minerals Matte Foundation

I had a heck of a time with this. I purchased it (mind you never have used bare escentuals before) but the Sales lady convinced me to purchase it. It did not keep my face matte at all but more importantly broke me out!
ssad.gif
I had little bumps all over my forehead with this and same with the orig formula I got 2 10 day samples of it and it did the same thing. I just don't understand how a company who claims to be 100% all natural minerals from the earth no added fillers or anything can cause breakouts?? it's just so odd to me? If anything it should clear any existing one's you have or prevent any from forming IMO :/

forevernars

Re: Breakouts from my i.d Bare minerals

Oh NOOOOO and I thought I was the only one! I broke out with both the matte and orig formula's of B.E. I was very upset because this company claims to be 100% all natural minerals from the earth no added fillers or anything so how in the heck can something so natural break someone out? If anything it should clear up any existing pimples or prevent them from forming :/

shatteredshards

Re: Breakouts from my i.d Bare minerals

Quote:
Originally Posted by forevernars
I was very upset because this company claims to be 100% all natural minerals from the earth no added fillers or anything so how in the heck can something so natural break someone out?

The same way companies can claim their products are all natural or hypo-allergenic when they have petroleum/mineral oil in them. It's derrived from crude oil, so it's technically natural, but you can bet your britches that I have a nasty as all heck allergic reaction to it.

Swirlgirl

Yikes! I have been wanting to try this and that is the exact reason I haven't. I have very acne prone skin, so I hate to put anything on it that would make it worse...
thmbdn.gif

I may try a sample from Sephora, but if anyone else has tried this, I would love more opinions...
right now I am using MUFE Mat Velvet, which just feels too heavy and I have to mix 2 colors to get a match. I prefer powder foundation....but something with coverage.

nursee81

did anyone buy the TSV from QVC for BE? I ordered it & I'm hoping the brush are good. It seemed like a good value I got it on AD but will be canceling if its not worth it.

Addicted2him

I have been using bare minerals foundation (i havent tried the matte formula yet) for 5 years and at first it broke me out but i noticed if i used their bare vitamins that comes with tha kit (or u can get it alone 2) i didnt break out anymore as it has glycollic and salicylic acids in it tha same as acne treatments! I havent broke out even with other foundations if i apply this before i apply any foundation!

Hope this helps.... =o)

nursee81

I tried it today at my locate BE boutique and I tried warm tan, which I had never tried that color. I was using med tan/tan prior. I LOVE the color match and I like the foundation. I will be picking it up tomorrow with the sephora 20% off. Which brush do you like applying it with it I was thinking about picking up the handy buki brush.

cindiaz

How's the coverage? and does it settle on fine lines,like expression lines?I want to buy it but the other one looked cakey on me and it settle on my lines around the eyes(when i smile,it forms the lines and when i stop smiling the lines are still there, but without the foundation on I don't have any lines,lol)

ashleymullins71

Ive heard so many good things about the rare minerals line from bare escentuals. i think im gonna try that out since i have loved bare minerals so much.

BlueMoonDoll

Some people have allergic reactions to Bare Minerals products but others don't. Liquid foundations and I don't get along (I live in the South and everything slides off) so over the years I have tried a lot of different products. Forevernars and Swirlgirl, there is always that chance. Swirlgirl, I have sensitive skin but it doesn't bother me. So it really is the person.

I love the matte foundation--it gives me a break from my normal look and is light enough to wear all day, doesn't slide off, and gives full coverage. I pair it with Lorac's primer (Smashbox makes me break out and Benefit gives me a greasy look). I've been getting a lot of compliments on my skin lately.

Nicnivin

I use MAC's 182 Buffer brush, I like the softness of that brush better than the handy buki brush.

As for it setteling in lines, I just started having issues with it caking up around my T-Zone and setteling in my pores this past summer. Then I started using Smashbox's Photo Finish Light Primer and that solved the problem for me.

fiction_writer

Re: Bare Escentuals Users

i love BE shadows, mascara, and lip glosses. the colours are so amazing. the shadows do not irritate my eyes abnd the glosses are so smooth and moisturizing. the only BE product that i have tried and not liked are the blushes which make my skin look shiny and creates bumps on my cheeks. i have never tried their foundation because i don not wear foundation.

Veela

IME, the newer matte foundation doesn't provide the same level of coverage as the original (on me, at least). I used the original formula for 5 years, but I got fed up with the metallic sheen and the lightest color oddly became too dark for me. I was REALLY excited about the new one, but I feel like it still has that weird sheen, just not as intense as the original. Also, the color selection still sucks. I'm NC15 and the lightest shade is too dark. =(