Bare Escentuals (all)

bumblebees24

Has anyone had issues with BE breaking them out? At first I was a die hard fan, going out to buy all the little kits they had. The coverage was pretty decent..more of a matte finish on my skin. Then 2 weeks later, I had the nastiest breakout I've ever seen. It was irritated, red, and painful cysts all over. I heard bismuth might be the cause.
thmbdn.gif

westindiesangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebees24
Has anyone had issues with BE breaking them out? At first I was a die hard fan, going out to buy all the little kits they had. The coverage was pretty decent..more of a matte finish on my skin. Then 2 weeks later, I had the nastiest breakout I've ever seen. It was irritated, red, and painful cysts all over. I heard bismuth might be the cause.
thmbdn.gif

Could be, I was shocked to find out that they include a known irritant in it; when you're shopping online some companies even emphasize that they have no bismuth...personally I returned mine because I bought it because they feed you all that "pure minerals, good for your skin" crap when it's really...not. I think I just bought into the hype really, without doing all the research.

vintageroses

I actually really wanted to try this! But when i went to the counter & got the MA to colour match me & i looked SO YELLOW with the foundation!
ssad.gif
i usually don't wear foundation so i was really looking forward to it but no luck
ssad.gif
Didn't purchase it, though i've heard so many people raving about it!

abbyquack

Girlies!!! I just looked on Sephora's site and discovered that BE has 3 new shades! Why am I so excited? Well because one of the new shades, Fairly Medium is EXACTLY what I have been waiting for for YEARS! I really love BE, but the colors have never really matched me-- the fairly light was TOO light, light was too yellow, medium was good for a bit but then too dark, and now Fairly Medium looks like it's going to be a great match- I have pink undertones too so that's great!
yahoo.gif

Also, if you don't like the finish of the regular, but the matte is too matte, I suggest mixing the two finishes together. It's expensive b/c you have to buy both, but it creates the most perfect finish, imo! The regular finish is too shiny, whereas the matte is too dry looking.
thmbup.gif
Anyways I can't wait to get my ass to Bare Escentuals!!
yes.gif

SnowAngel1106

I've been using Bare Minerals for YEARS and I will NEVER go back to liquid or cream foundation. Sometimes it isn't as full coverage as I'd like, but that's only every now and then. I'm glad their new matte foundation is now an option in the club shipments
smiles.gif

malvales

Has anybody tried the new Big and Bright eyeliner? It kinda remind me of MAC's greasepaint stick (from the look of it).

Foxxydiva

I tried both formulas and I've noticed no difference. I thought the Matte formula would help with t-zone oilies but unfortunately after about 3 hours I'm back shining. Can't use it in the summer because it makes my face itch if I sweat.

malvales

BE bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation - MEDIUM shade family

I am still trying to figure out which medium shade family does my skin belong to.
I am NC 42/43 MAC and there are at least 4 shades that could probably match me: Medium, Medium Beige, Golden Medium, Medium Tan.
I tried Medium Beige and it worked fine but I don't consider my skin to have neutral undertone as Medium Beige is for. Mine is warm.
I am so confused now...

I'd like to know others' experience...What is your skin tone is and which shade of medium do you use?

Thanks!

rosegasm

@bumblebees24

BE makes my upper lip and around my nose itch like a #$%^, especially when i sweat.
ssad.gif
its like making my skin burn and become irritated. ironically, it doesnt look red or anything.

naturallyfab

Re: Bare Minerals (all)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa
ok ive noticed this for a while... once in a while when i put bare minerals on my face like..stings. but it only happens like..1 out of 4 times i wear it. does anyone know wtf is going on? i love my bare minerals but if this keeps up i can't use it for much longer..

Did you get the makeup in the kit? If I use the bare escentuals brushes with the foundation, my skin stings because the bristles are so rough.

naturallyfab

Re: BE bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation - MEDIUM shade family

Quote:
Originally Posted by malvales
I am still trying to figure out which medium shade family does my skin belong to.
I am NC 42/43 MAC and there are at least 4 shades that could probably match me: Medium, Medium Beige, Golden Medium, Medium Tan.
I tried Medium Beige and it worked fine but I don't consider my skin to have neutral undertone as Medium Beige is for. Mine is warm.
I am so confused now...

I'd like to know others' experience...What is your skin tone is and which shade of medium do you use?

Thanks!

I got the kit at Sephora and it came with Medium and Medium Beige. After experimenting and looking up the information on the website, Medium Beige, like you said, has neutral undertones, and that's the one that works best for me. Medium is the shade in that range that has the warm undertones, so you might want to try that!
greengrin.gif

littlepickle

Hi Bare Escentuals fans, I have a customer asking about dupes for the eyeshadow colours Yellow Sapphire and Purrfect. Can anyone recommend anything? I'm not familiar with this brand myself but reading this thread certainly makes me interested to try it!

RNcutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepickle
Hi Bare Escentuals fans, I have a customer asking about dupes for the eyeshadow colours Yellow Sapphire and Purrfect. Can anyone recommend anything? I'm not familiar with this brand myself but reading this thread certainly makes me interested to try it!

if you go to Mineral Madness.com there is a color chart on there that would show you the colors so it might be easier to match them.
I'm from the BE world...new to MAC, so I couldn't even help much LOL
Purrrfect is kinda of a cooler light green.

I LOVE BE. I've been using it for years, but I kept hearing that MAC made better brushes, so I bought a couple brushes and figured "What the heck, I'll try a Pigment too for the fun of it" and fell in love. I have a little trouble working with the pigment, I think that's from years of being used to how BE works and blends. I'm looking forward to being able to use the classifieds area on here so that I can get partial jars and used pans so I can get an idea of what I like without spending a hella fortune.
smiles.gif

oceansportrait

I got it over the weekend and I am AMAZED. I've only ever tried liquid foundation before, and I'm not sure if it's because I have Asian yellow-understone skin, but the MUAs could never match up my skin---it was always TOO dark. But I found the perfect match with "Golden Medium"---and I don't know if it's just my acne treatment that I'm double-balancing with this one, but my skin's become the clearest it's ever been. I'm ecstatically happy!

mac_aiken

Has anyone tried the new Buxom creme shadows ( I think the collection might be called Best of Breed)? I got Black Lab which is a gorgeous black with glitter. It goes on like butter and stays put. I may have to go back for another color.

RNcutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosegasm
@bumblebees24

BE makes my upper lip and around my nose itch like a #$%^, especially when i sweat.
ssad.gif
its like making my skin burn and become irritated. ironically, it doesnt look red or anything.

if you are using the original foundation, it has bismuth in it and many women find that if they sweat or get oily, the bismuth itches/burns/whatever. The Matte formulation doesn't have the bismuth in it, so it isn't irritating to people who have the problem with the original. Maybe try that?
The only real difference in appearance, is that you don't get that dewy finish like you do with the original.

La Reyna

Bare Escentuals & Ulta Make Up Lot - $115

I have a make up lot for sale. It contains the following: 4 ULTA mineral powder eyeshadow, 1 i.d. weather everything liner sealer and the container, 16 Bare Essentuals mineral eyeshadows and 1 face color blush.

The lot has been opened and only tested once. This set is worth over $220. I am willing to ship and PayPal is welcome.

Email me for more details.

naturallyfab

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_aiken
Has anyone tried the new Buxom creme shadows ( I think the collection might be called Best of Breed)? I got Black Lab which is a gorgeous black with glitter. It goes on like butter and stays put. I may have to go back for another color.

I haven't tried them yet, but I have my eye on the Golden Retriever shade!!!