Best Gold Eyeshadow? MAC & other brands

kaexbabey

true gold MAC eyeshadow

which mac eyeshadow is a true metallic gold? not too copper or too yellow just gold please. thanks!

xxManBeaterxx

Re: true gold MAC eyeshadow

*sigh* i've been trying to find a true bold gold color from macs eyeshadow line, goldmine is a yellow gold, and amberlights is an orangey gold... And as far as L/E goes i've been collecting mac since 2004 and i still havent met one.

But alas pigments!!! Unfortunately its not an eyeshadow but gold(metal) or rose gold PRO pigments are gorgeous true golds.. I took this review off of MUA and i agree with her 100%

lippies5.gif
*TOP REVIEWER* fabmac1 on 1/9/2005 7:24:00 PM more reviews by fabmac1
Age: 19-24 Skin Type: Combination Skin Tone: Other Hair Color: Black Eye Color: Brown
OK! i just bought this and even tho the label says "GOLD" on it. I'm thinking this is more of a GOLD METAL. I've read the reviews on the plain gold pigment, and mines matches GOLD METAL review to the LETTER! since it is NOT at all shimmery BUT metallic-y.
First off, liquid gold when wet? uh yuh huh!! this is an ABSOLUTELY TRUE gold!.. Dry it can look muddy.. but when applied wet as an eyeliner? IT's truly stunning!..a very true bold gold! no muddiness whatsoever.. i love this. .i was searching for a gold pigment and this is perfect.. I tried.. goldmine e/s too much shimmer and not a true gold. Gorgeous Gold.. too light and has that green tint!.. i have OLD GOLD so i didn't need something similar. The texture of this particular pigment is unlike their shimmery ones! it is a heavy PURE pigment!.. anything this touchs u'll get bold gold!! even with the slightest brush!!which i love. when i first bought mine the jar was about 2/3 full i was quite disappointed at first.. thinking i was being a little jipped, but i know now that since it's such a heavy pigmented colour. it all settles to the bottom.. w/o any air allowed.. hence.. pure pigment am i making any sense at all? lol !! i LOVE this!! just get it!! u won't regret, and ONE jar with last FOREVER as u only need a smidge and from what the SA at MAC tells me.. since their pigments are dry and contains no emollients? they do NOT expire!!.. YES!

kaexbabey

thank you both! i think i'll be getting the pigment but have always wanted amber lights as well even though it does look a bit orangey!

Patricia

i hate goldmine, i have it and NEVER use it cos it looks so ew on me, it's not gold is some sort of yellow brassy colour, hate it

my fave gold is pure ore, one of the metal-x eyeshadows, to me thast's what i call gold, no hint of yellow or orange, just gold... BUT it's a cream eyeshadow and don't know if that's what you're looking for

FiestyFemme

I personally think Goldmine is a yellow gold. It's too yellow for me, which I find suprising because I've got lots of yellow undertones. It's still not my best color though, and I'm yet to find a true gold in MAC.

kaexbabey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia
i hate goldmine, i have it and NEVER use it cos it looks so ew on me, it's not gold is some sort of yellow brassy colour, hate it

my fave gold is pure ore, one of the metal-x eyeshadows, to me thast's what i call gold, no hint of yellow or orange, just gold... BUT it's a cream eyeshadow and don't know if that's what you're looking for

no it wasnt what i was looking for, thanks though! i heard they crease like crazy but with metal x's coming out again, MAYBE i'll try it. who knows, it might be the only true gold i'll find lol.

MACATTAK

Totally agreed with the Gold (metal) pigment. This is just a beautiful color, so is Rose Gold, but it sounds like you might be looking more for the Gold.

euphrosyne_rose

I really like MAC's Tempting. It's very sparkly, but it's the best gold I own. I have Woodwinked but it's not as gold to me as Tempting. HTH!!

feenin4makeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruella
I prefer Gorgeous Gold for a more "yellow" gold and Urban Decay's Half-Baked for a more true gold.

I second this exactly!
thmbup.gif

SarahAfshar

Golpari Beauty makes the best gold eyeshadow on the planet, however; because it is made from real gold, it is a bit pricy.

I really love Chanel's new gold collection for Fall of 2008. It is gold and the shade is very beautiful. The quad eyeshadow palette is amazing and looks to have an amazing gold shadow in it.

I think my favorite gold eyeshadow by MAC is Gorgeous Gold or Goldmine. Gorgeous Gold has that champagne gold kind of color that I truly love. Goldmine is a beautiful striking gold. They are both very versatile and just beautiful. I also love (and recommend) Urban Decay's half baked, as well as, Hard Candy's Buttered Popcorn.

I have a friend who uses her Girlactik Face Glimmer in 14k as an eyeshadow base. It is a beautiful gold. If you are looking for something like MAC's paintpot, I would recommend Bloom Eye Paint in Champagne.

The best affordable gold eyeshadows would be: Golden Pearl or 24 karet by NYX, Golden Glow by E.L.F., Golden by L.A. Colors, and Antiqued Gold by Milani.

nibjet

the best gold I've found is Merle Norman luxiva eye dust in Gilt, the salon I work at is attached to a merle norman so I go over there and play sometimes, and that color is gorgeous

Monsy

at the moment Bourjois 22

recently both Gorgeus gold - i'm waiting my friend to bring it from london
also want to try dazzleray, deckhair, old gold, goldenaire...

GlamYOURUs

From MAC?

Goldmine e/s
Woodwinked e/s
Rose Gold p/m
Cosmic e/s LE
Cash Flow p/p

I love these for golds b/c they are all different from one another.

Latest posts