Collection Variation - Le Rouge Chanel 2014

Winthrop44

Cafemakeup likes a stiffer brush like this one with baked JCs:

http://cafemakeup.com/2010/08/17/chanel-contour-face-brush/

The problem some people (including me) have had with them is that they can become harder/dryer over time and then it gets more difficult to get pigment out of them. Some people suggest scraping the top if that happens. That said, the baked JCs do have their fans - I think Dominique likes them, for example. She may have some good tips.

User38

I use the 159 brush or the 229 or whatevr is laying around -- I don't like to dig into baked products as removing any layer by force (scraping, scratching etc.) can lead to another hardened layer. The only way I have found to do this gently is to use scotch tape and layer it on top until you can pick up the very top layer without digging into the surface.

I hate stiff brushes on my face and would prefer not to use any product that requires a stiff brush. There is an actual scratching of the skin when you use a scratchy brush.

hth...

Bonitinha

Thanks for the link, Gail -- and thanks for the scotch tape trick, HG
love.gif

Winthrop44

Quote: Originally Posted by HerGreyness

I use the 159 brush or the 229 or whatevr is laying around -- I don't like to dig into baked products as removing any layer by force (scraping, scratching etc.) can lead to another hardened layer. The only way I have found to do this gently is to use scotch tape and layer it on top until you can pick up the very top layer without digging into the surface.

I hate stiff brushes on my face and would prefer not to use any product that requires a stiff brush. There is an actual scratching of the skin when you use a scratchy brush.

Yep, stiff brushes are a pass for me & my sensitive skin (plus, tbh I can't tolerate the formula either - I think I react to zea mays corn starch) but hopefully "normal" people can tolerate Euro Chanel brushes. I like that scotch tape tip because it will waste less than scratching up the surface, but ultimately any layer exposed to air will harden again, so .... I just think the baked ones suck!
lol.gif

elegant-one

This may have been posted before, but Rayonannte looks so beautiful on her

http://isabelletakingchances.blogspot.com/2014/02/review-chanel-rouge-allure-145.html

Gorgeous on her! :

http://blog.onlylady.com/blog-322259-10485073.html

I just ordered it :)

MissTania

You're so welcome dear!

Good choices! Mal & Ray are beautiful & unique.

That is so gross about the testers. I have seen my crazy Chanel lady using the testers to do her makeup when she shows up for work
ohboy.gif
Lol, no wonder you don't want to try the testers on
icon_eek.gif
Just another good reason to avoid them.

Icecaramellatte

Just left Nordies. They did not have everything in the display and the SA didn't seem to know much about the products. Poor thing she was trying to sell me things but I kept telling her I was looking for something specific. I ended up getting after I figured out the item numbers - Bliss, Tocade, Conquise. I almost got Rayonnant but was resistant because I bought so many plummy lip colors recently but I'm beginning to regret not getting it. Conquise was lighter and more peachy than I initially thought it was. I was hoping to get Melodiouse to pair with Sonate but they were out of it. Conquise may work well with it though.

urbis

Just left Nordies. They did not have everything in the display and the SA didn't seem to know much about the products. Poor thing she was trying to sell me things but I kept telling her I was looking for something specific. I ended up getting after I figured out the item numbers - Bliss, Tocade, Conquise. I almost got Rayonnant but was resistant because I bought so many plummy lip colors recently but I'm beginning to regret not getting it. Conquise was lighter and more peachy than I initially thought it was. I was hoping to get Melodiouse to pair with Sonate but they were out of it. Conquise may work well with it though.
Melodieuse and sonate are a good team

LivN

I love EU blushes and have no issues with the formula. I love using Guerlain meteorites brush for Ecrin Rose and Orchid Rose, it picks up colour and glitter beautifully. I also find the shade of these two prettier in EU version. Accent is the only CH blush I prefer in US formula and shade.

urbis

Yep, stiff brushes are a pass for me & my sensitive skin (plus, tbh I can't tolerate the formula either - I think I react to zea mays corn starch) but hopefully "normal" people can tolerate Euro Chanel brushes. I like that scotch tape tip because it will waste less than scratching up the surface, but ultimately any layer exposed to air will harden again, so .... I just think the baked ones suck! :lol:  
I daily use some chanel brushes and they are absolutely not stiff! I don't own no five reviewed by the blog but my skin is delicate and could not tolerate any scratchy tool

Winthrop44

^^ I too use some Chanel brushes daily and love them. The particular one I was referring to that was reviewed by Cafemakeup is meant to be stiffer.....

Winthrop44

I love EU blushes and have no issues with the formula. I love using Guerlain meteorites brush for Ecrin Rose and Orchid Rose, it picks up colour and glitter beautifully. I also find the shade of these two prettier in EU version. Accent is the only CH blush I prefer in US formula and shade.
I find a lot of the shades prettier in the Euro formula too - Narcisse and Rose Dust in particular were much prettier in the baked formula on my skin.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I find a lot of the shades prettier in the Euro formula too - Narcisse and Rose Dust in particular were much prettier in the baked formula on my skin.
Rose Dust is the only Chanel blush I own. And that is exactly what it is... dusty.
amuse.gif
After that I told myself to never buy a Euro one again. But I'd still love to try the US formula.

LivN

Rose Dust is one of the most beautiful CH blushes ever...

Regarding the brushes, I have the blush brush and angled powder brush, they are not very soft but I wouldn't say they are stiff. The eyeshadow blending brush is a bit stiff because it's shorter then other similar brushes, but it works wonders and it's great with Id'O.

elegant-one

I take back what I said earlier...you just might like Rayonnante. A light swipe is gorgeous. I swatched it again today & its so pretty. Its a berry/plum/slight fuchsia SO pretty. Emotion is in the same color tone just darker plum berry. I still might get Boheme. It was so so so pretty straight up strawberry. Loved it.

Latest posts