EL Fall sneak peak and great article

katred

Specktra Bestie
I can't wait to start seeing swatches from the Violet Underground part of the collection. I'm interested in the palette and all the lip products. Even the eyeliner looks kind of intriguing, but I find it's difficult to get a really deep black line from a pen-type applicator.

I'm jealous it's available already in the US, but I suppose I won't have to wait that long to get it here...

singer82

Any word on the new gelee shadows? I def wanna check out the palette n the purple ls and gloss next month! That liner looks interesting. Wonder how well it works. EL has really been stepping it up lately

mac_aiken

Saw the polishes yesterday. They are gorgeous and it would be hard for me to pick a single favorite.

Also finally saw the Violet Underground collection IRL yesterday. I bought the palette. It is so pretty and done in the same formula as Cyber Eyes shadows. The black seems to be matte and I can see this being used as a liner easily.

Very disappointed in the lipsticks thought. They don't look anything like the promo images. Cassis is not quite as dark (although I still loved it and may go back for it). The violet one is not violet at all. More like a purple tinged pink. It is pretty but not what I wanted/was expecting. I will get NARS Autumn Leaves l/s instead and look for a true violet l/s the next time I visit Inglot.

The l/g are very pretty and look like MAC Dare to Wear glosses.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Saw the polishes yesterday. They are gorgeous and it would be hard for me to pick a single favorite.

Also finally saw the Violet Underground collection IRL yesterday. I bought the palette. It is so pretty and done in the same formula as Cyber Eyes shadows. The black seems to be matte and I can see this being used as a liner easily.

Very disappointed in the lipsticks thought. They don't look anything like the promo images. Cassis is not quite as dark (although I still loved it and may go back for it). The violet one is not violet at all. More like a purple tinged pink. It is pretty but not what I wanted/was expecting. I will get NARS Autumn Leaves l/s instead and look for a true violet l/s the next time I visit Inglot.

The l/g are very pretty and look like MAC Dare to Wear glosses.
Thanks MacAiken! I'm really disappointed to know that the lipsticks aren't as described. One of our members posted a picture of herself wearing the "violet" shade and it certainly didn't look violet in her picture. I can't imagine why they would approve artwork that was so misleading... Oh well, money saved...

mac_aiken

Thanks MacAiken! I'm really disappointed to know that the lipsticks aren't as described. One of our members posted a picture of herself wearing the "violet" shade and it certainly didn't look violet in her picture. I can't imagine why they would approve artwork that was so misleading... Oh well, money saved...
Katred, I thought of you when I saw these. We have the same taste in alot of things and I knew you would be disappointed as well. Love the NARS fall lippies though. Check out Autumn leaves for sure.

Icecaramellatte

I picked up Violet Underground today, Punker Black eyeliner, black iris nail color.. I would have bought the lighter gloss (the name escapes me right now) but the SA said they were out of stock due to pre-sales. They also seemed to be out of the new nail colors. I fell in love with the metallic shades. I didn't believe it because they weren't exclusive items or anything. She offered to order for me and the computer said it was in stock in the store so she said she'd call when the regular SA came in. She called me later and said she had the polishes. I forgot to ask about the lipgloss. In her defense, they were doing major remodeling in the store for the cosmetic area and she said they had to move everything 3 days ago. 5 lines were sharing counter space. Everything was smushed together. Funny, now that I think of it Mac was the only cosmetic line with a counter all to themselves. I still haven't made it home to play with my goodies. Can't wait!

katred

Specktra Bestie
I picked up Violet Underground today, Punker Black eyeliner, black iris nail color.. I would have bought the lighter gloss (the name escapes me right now) but the SA said they were out of stock due to pre-sales. They also seemed to be out of the new nail colors. I fell in love with the metallic shades. I didn't believe it because they weren't exclusive items or anything. She offered to order for me and the computer said it was in stock in the store so she said she'd call when the regular SA came in. She called me later and said she had the polishes. I forgot to ask about the lipgloss. In her defense, they were doing major remodeling in the store for the cosmetic area and she said they had to move everything 3 days ago. 5 lines were sharing counter space. Everything was smushed together. Funny, now that I think of it Mac was the only cosmetic line with a counter all to themselves. I still haven't made it home to play with my goodies. Can't wait!
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

singer82

Found some swatches! :eyelove: omg the palette and lippy is GOREGOUS! They will be mine... http://www.mybeautyblackbook.com/?p=7696

singer82

Hmmm... Wonder if the pink shadow is a dupe or close to infra-violet from EC? I hope so i can cross that off my list. Cause I am loving all the colors in the palette!

singer82

Well the lippy isn't as purple as I was expecting, but it does look like a very nice purplish magenta. That palette... wow... I can't believe the intensity of the colours!!
I'm actually glad it's not full on purple. Don't think it would suit me if it was. But i def see you rocking one :) the finish on it sounds divine

MACina

th_drool.gif
.....OMG.....this palette is so pretty!!!

Especially the pink e/s is to die for
eyelove.gif

http://www.mybeautyblackbook.com/?p=7696

singer82

The new gelee shadows are on Macys.com! I just bought 4 of them. The green blue purple and magenta. Plus i want the purple palette so I'll have to cut my by request and electric cool lists. Does anybody know when violet underground Will be on macys?

katred

Specktra Bestie
More palette swatches... get 'em while they're hot!

http://bloominbeautyblog.com/2012/07/24/first-look-estee-lauder-violet-underground-palette/

The more I see, the more I want it...

singer82

Thanks for the link Katred! Looks amazing! I already know imma use the hell out of this this fall

Icecaramellatte

Does anybody know when violet underground Will be on macys?
Thanks for the heads up! I really want to get some of these. I want the green one especially. I'm desperate for swatches though. I noticed it's on the Bloomingdales site too. I'm curious about that luminizer lipstick too. Now reading some articles it sounds like there are two different finishes for this collection, vivid shine finish and cyber metallic finish. I wonder about the difference.

Here are some swatches I did find:

http://www.atelierbeauty.com/2012/07/eotd-pop-goes-my-pistachio/

http://beaut.ie/blog/2012/new-estee-lauder-pure-colour-vivid-shine-collection/

AniBEE

Ok I'm glad I didn't get the MAC EC collection of shadows, the Violet Underground Palette is coming home one way or another with me (hope it comes to Sears!)

The fact that the Gelée Powder EyeShadow are now permanent in a few shades also makes me happy. I wanted to get Cyber Pink!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Here's a few more eye shadow swatches!

http://www.britishbeautyblogger.com/2012/07/estee-lauder-new-pure-color-swatches.html

Plus swatches from a new lipstick line... Man, they've been pretty quiet most of the year but they are pulling out the stops something huge this quarter.

By the way, has anyone tried their reformulated blushes? With what's happening at Mac and with the exchange rate, it's a toss-up which is more expensive in Canada right now...