EL Fall sneak peak and great article

mac_aiken

I got to play with the new shadows, lipsticks and polishes. They do not disappoint. I picked up Arctic Sky e/s. Hard to describe but the name is appropriate. It has blue and lavender and pink and gold. Or at least that is how the swatch shows on my hand. The lipsticks remind me of the Dazzle lipsticks. The Gunmetal one would be great for smoking out other colors.
And some swatches of the polishes:

http://bluebell81.blogspot.de/2012/07/notd-estee-lauder-bete-noire-paris-nail.html

I think everything I've seen until now looks and swatches amazing!

katred

Specktra Bestie
I got to play with the new shadows, lipsticks and polishes. They do not disappoint. I picked up Arctic Sky e/s. Hard to describe but the name is appropriate. It has blue and lavender and pink and gold. Or at least that is how the swatch shows on my hand. The lipsticks remind me of the Dazzle lipsticks. The Gunmetal one would be great for smoking out other colors.
heat.gif

MACina

That sounds gorgeous!

I really hope that these will be available here too because I would love to ge a few!

singer82

What's the base color of arctic sky? I got a few of the es's but can't find swatches of that one

katred

Specktra Bestie
What's the base color of arctic sky? I got a few of the es's but can't find swatches of that one
I picked up Arctic Sky too- it's incredible! The base is a lovely cornflower blue with a bit of a lavender tinge, but the shimmer throughout it is really pink and golden/ champagne coloured. The feel of the products is wonderful, so I don't think you'd go wrong with any of the colours. This one is just particularly unique. The texture on the black one was gorgeous too, but I'm holding out for the palette.

mac_aiken

I don't know if this info has been mentioned but here are some tidbits I picked up yesterday at a Macy's EL Counter.

Not all Macy's will get Violet Underground. Only select stores will and I don't know which ones those are. None of the Seattle ones closest to me are getting it. Chances are if your Macy's doesn't have it on counter by now, they won't get it. Try EL online when they put it up or NM or Nordies.

Vivid Shine collection : The lipsticks are going to be perm (yay!). The lip luminizers are LE so if you are lusting for the Gunmetal one get it while you can. The eyeshadow shades listed as cyber metallic shades will be perm but the colors listed as vivid shine ones are LE.

katred

Specktra Bestie
FYI, for those of us in Canada, Violet Underground launches here in September and will be exclusive to The Bay.

AniBEE

Thank you for that. The last time I got a set I order online but it showed up at Sear 2 months later, I'd like to save the $12 and get it in person. Give me something to look forward too picking up.

Icecaramellatte

I don't know if this info has been mentioned but here are some tidbits I picked up yesterday at a Macy's EL Counter.

Not all Macy's will get Violet Underground. Only select stores will and I don't know which ones those are. None of the Seattle ones closest to me are getting it. Chances are if your Macy's doesn't have it on counter by now, they won't get it. Try EL online when they put it up or NM or Nordies.

Vivid Shine collection : The lipsticks are going to be perm (yay!). The lip luminizers are LE so if you are lusting for the Gunmetal one get it while you can. The eyeshadow shades listed as cyber metallic shades will be perm but the colors listed as vivid shine ones are LE.
Thanks for the information. I'm hoping Bloomies gets the Violet Underground glosses. I'm still confused as to the difference between the the shadows in the Vivid Shine collection. Are the finishes the same?

katred

Specktra Bestie
Here's an Arctic Sky pic. I applied it damp on my lids for more intense colour and then dusted it dry up almost to the brow. Please don't mention the hair. It was super hot and I spritzed it with water just before taking the photo. I probably should have thought to look in a mirror...

MACina

Gorgeous katred!

Arctic Sky is so pretty...I really hope that we will get these eyeshadows here.I need this one and a few other shades.

Here's an Arctic Sky pic. I applied it damp on my lids for more intense colour and then dusted it dry up almost to the brow. Please don't mention the hair. It was super hot and I spritzed it with water just before taking the photo. I probably should have thought to look in a mirror...

MAChostage

Yes, I came to this thread to say that I noticed these were back at the counter when I went in today to look around. What a pleasure to know that they are now perm! I missed out on them when they were out previously as LE. They are SO lovely!

mac_aiken

Another quick update. I have been told that limited stock of the Violet Underground lip products have been shipped to the stores. Especially in regards to the lipglosses. Both are beautiful and alot of counters have already sold out of Rebellious Violet. If you have your heart set on them for fall, don't wait. Get them now while you can.

Icecaramellatte

Another quick update. I have been told that limited stock of the Violet Underground lip products have been shipped to the stores. Especially in regards to the lipglosses. Both are beautiful and alot of counters have already sold out of Rebellious Violet. If you have your heart set on them for fall, don't wait. Get them now while you can.

Thanks for the info! I ended up in Nordstrom's yesterday due to the nail polish sale. I asked the EL SA why did they have the lipgloss listed as available in store when I came the first day of the sale and was told it was soldout. She said they had come in late. I ended up getting both of the glosses. I just got nervous that the other stores wouldn't get it. EL has so many new products out right now. It was a bit overwhelming. It was kind of like a Mac launch!
icon_eek.gif

mac_aiken

How do you like them? I broke down and ordered Rebellious Violet directly from EL but I haven't received it yet.
I tried Arctic Sky on my hand yesterday and it looked pink on me! I will pick this up soon along with Pop Pistachio. I don't know what other colors I will get if any. But these 2 were tops on my list.

Thanks for the info! I ended up in Nordstrom's yesterday due to the nail polish sale. I asked the EL SA why did they have the lipgloss listed as available in store when I came the first day of the sale and was told it was soldout. She said they had come in late. I ended up getting both of the glosses. I just got nervous that the other stores wouldn't get it. EL has so many new products out right now. It was a bit overwhelming. It was kind of like a Mac launch!
icon_eek.gif

Icecaramellatte

How do you like them? I broke down and ordered Rebellious Violet directly from EL but I haven't received it yet.
I like them. They are little more sheer than they were in the store. When I tried them on, the SA gave me a lip brush type applicator but the gloss itself comes with a doe foot applicator. But they both give nice coverage. I actually thought they might be too strong color wise but not so with the doe foot. I guess the applicator really does affect the look of the gloss. Do you have any of the sequin finish glosses? They have a really strange applicator and give opaque coverage.

singer82

Heres my swatches of a few of the LE gelee shadows. The Magenta and Green are my fav
eyelove.gif
These are swatched wet.

L-R Magenta, Pop Pistachio, Electric Orchid, Ultra Marine

MACina

Thank you for the swatches singer!!!

Magenta is just stunning....and I do also love Electric Orchid
heart.gif

Heres my swatches of a few of the LE gelee shadows. The Magenta and Green are my fav
eyelove.gif
These are swatched wet.

L-R Magenta, Pop Pistachio, Electric Orchid, Ultra Marine