Estée Lauder Bronze Goddess 2015 Summer Collection

DLuxJessica

I have freaking issues. I was happily ordering the EL Double Wear Foundation from Nordies before the sale ends, then I noticed the Illuminator was back in stock and somehow I ordered it. It's @Medgal07's fault. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Ughhhhhhhhhhhh.... I already have one backup of the Illuminator, and I'm trying to convince myself that I don't need a second one. Which is ridiculous. It will take me forever to get through what I have, and I'm sure by the time that actually happens there will be something new out that I'll want.

But I still love this powder.

montREALady

Ughhhhhhhhhhhh.... I already have one backup of the Illuminator, and I'm trying to convince myself that I don't need a second one. Which is ridiculous. It will take me forever to get through what I have, and I'm sure by the time that actually happens there will be something new out that I'll want. But I still love this powder. 
Hold me, I need help. $36 at Nordies. I swatched and wasn't really impressed but it's like because it's on sale I have to get it. Issues I said.

DLuxJessica

Hold me, I need help. $36 at Nordies. I swatched and wasn't really impressed but it's like because it's on sale I have to get it. Issues I said.
friends.gif
Girl, I'm here for you. Not judging you at all. I constantly have to ask myself when I'm shopping "Do I really like it? Or do I like the deal I'm getting on it?" I'm trying to get better about only buying things I'm really into.

That being said, I think the Illuminator will grow on you. Well... it'll glow on you, at least.
girlhaha.gif

Ernie

Ughhhhhhhhhhhh.... I already have one backup of the Illuminator, and I'm trying to convince myself that I don't need a second one. Which is ridiculous. It will take me forever to get through what I have, and I'm sure by the time that actually happens there will be something new out that I'll want. But I still love this powder. 
I love this powder too, get it!

Medgal07

I picked up the illuminator last week and just took it back today. On my NC20 skin it just didn't show up much, other than some glitter/shimmer. The color was too close to my skin color.
Sorry it didn't work out for you.

Quote: Originally Posted by montREALady

I have freaking issues. I was happily ordering the EL Double Wear Foundation from Nordies before the sale ends, then I noticed the Illuminator was back in stock and somehow I ordered it. It's @Medgal07's fault. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
lmao.gif
I hope you love the foundation and that it's the right shade, etc. Sometimes I hate trying to find the right match---both intense & frustrating. I love the foundation
by the way. I don't know what took me so long to try it. Give the illuminator a chance---it took a few uses before the product really showed its worth. I'm enjoying it
much more now.

Medgal07

friends.gif
Girl, I'm here for you. Not judging you at all. I constantly have to ask myself when I'm shopping "Do I really like it? Or do I like the deal I'm getting on it?" I'm trying to get better about only buying things I'm really into.

That being said, I think the Illuminator will grow on you. Well... it'll glow on you, at least.
girlhaha.gif
girlhaha.gif
iagree.gif

Medgal07

I keep surprising myself with how many bronzers I have. I hope it doesn't go the way of my highlighter situation. Which Guerlain bronzer shade do you use?
ICL you posted this some time ago and I missed it--I'm so sorry!!!

Something has happened to me with bronzers too---I keep adding more to my stash. The only good thing is that I use a bronzer everyday!
In Guerlain Terracotta I use both 07 & 08. Both ar great for contouring. I use 07 primarily in the winter and 08 in the summer. I just pre-ordered the Tom Ford ginormous
bronzer in Terra, and the Guerlain Four Seasons Bronzer in 08. Don't ask me what possessed me to order that one now, but I did. Also, Laura Mercier, Ritual has had
my undivided attention lately and seems to be giving my Guerlain terra-cotta bronzers a run for their money. If you haven't already, you need to check it out.

montREALady

I love this powder too, get it!
:frenz:  Girl, I'm here for you. Not judging you at all. I constantly have to ask myself when I'm shopping "Do I really like it? Or do I like the deal I'm getting on it?" I'm trying to get better about only buying things I'm really into.  That being said, I think the Illuminator will grow on you. Well... it'll glow on you, at least. :haha:
  [COLOR=0000FF] Awww thank you BC---That's very kind of you.  Oh and I did pre-order from the Tom Ford summer collection.  I hadn't planned on taking pics, but it's not out of the[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   question if someone wants pics [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]for product/skin tone reference. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=0000FF] Sorry it didn't work out for you.[/COLOR]   :lmao: [COLOR=0000FF] I hope you love the foundation and that it's the right shade, etc.  Sometimes I hate trying to find the right match---both intense & frustrating.  I love the foundation[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   by the way.  I don't know [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]what [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]took me so long to try it.  Give the illuminator a chance---it took a few uses before the product really showed its worth.  I'm enjoying it[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   much more now.[/COLOR]
I should have it by the end of the week or so since it's Nordstrom snail mail. [@]Medgal07[/@], I ordered the foundation but plan on trying the shade in Macy's today. I know, the reverse. I just figured with my luck the sale would have ended at midnight even though it's supposed to be the 28th and I would have kicked myself :haha: I watched maybe a million YT vids on it and the shades in reference to the reviewer and my collection. What did you say your shade was again? I ordered 5C1, Rich Chestnut. The site you gave us referred 5W2...I think it may be too red. We'll see. I'm thinking of getting the Light one as well and the primer.

montREALady

@Medgal07, I ordered the foundation but plan on trying the shade in Macy's today. I know, the reverse. I just figured with my luck the sale would have ended at midnight even though it's supposed to be the 28th and I would have kicked myself
girlhaha.gif
I watched maybe a million YT vids on it and the shades in reference to the reviewer and my collection. What did you say your shade was again? I ordered 5C1, Rich Chestnut. The site you gave us referred 5W2...I think it may be too red. We'll see. I'm thinking of getting the Light one as well and the primer.
Went to get matched at EL and I picked the right color! Thank goodness! Hehehe, but now I want the Illuminating Perfecting Primer...Oh and the sa said not to get the illuminating powder gelee. He said it would make me look ashy. I swatched again and it really looked pretty horrible, lol. And I saw someone use a brush like this in their video and now I want one, lol
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/estee-lauder-sculpting-foundation-brush/3787239?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=2525

beautycool

[COLOR=0000FF] Awww thank you BC---That's very kind of you.  Oh and I did pre-order from the Tom Ford summer collection.  I hadn't planned on taking pics, but it's not out of the[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   question if someone wants pics [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]for product/skin tone reference. [/COLOR] Hi medgal I meant silly question to be asking as you prob did order something As I had asked if you had pre ordered then will you be taking pics then I put silly question didn't i I was suppose to put silly question under where I put did you pre order anything Lol Sorry Hun my fault I didn't write it too well :(   [COLOR=0000FF] Sorry it didn't work out for you.[/COLOR]   :lmao: [COLOR=0000FF] I hope you love the foundation and that it's the right shade, etc.  Sometimes I hate trying to find the right match---both intense & frustrating.  I love the foundation[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   by the way.  I don't know [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]what [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]took me so long to try it.  Give the illuminator a chance---it took a few uses before the product really showed its worth.  I'm enjoying it[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   much more now.[/COLOR]

Medgal07

@Medgal07, I ordered the foundation but plan on trying the shade in Macy's today. I know, the reverse. I just figured with my luck the sale would have ended at midnight even though it's supposed to be the 28th and I would have kicked myself
girlhaha.gif
I watched maybe a million YT vids on it and the shades in reference to the reviewer and my collection. What did you say your shade was again? I ordered 5C1, Rich Chestnut. The site you gave us referred 5W2...I think it may be too red. We'll see. I'm thinking of getting the Light one as well and the primer.
I have 4W2 Toasty Toffee, which by the way, was sold out on Sephora.

Medgal07

Quote: Originally Posted by beautycool
Hi medgal I meant silly question to be asking as you prob did order something
As I had asked if you had pre ordered then will you be taking pics then I put silly question didn't i
I was suppose to put silly question under where I put did you pre order anything
Lol
Sorry Hun my fault I didn't write it too well
ssad.gif

No problem BC
friends.gif
I just found out that most of my goodies will arrive on Friday.