Flat Iron Recommendations/Questions - post all here

FemmeBella86

Re: Flat iron recommendations - anyone own a GHD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
Have you checked out this thread?

http://specktra.net/f176/advice-flat...-please-48673/

Yea, that's a really good thread with A LOT of info on flat irons. I don't have a GHD, but would love to save up for one considering it's holy grail here!

I have the MAXIglide, & it's pretty good-not too expensive ($80 @ Bed, Bath, Beyond). I like the fact that it has a steam coming out of it since my hair is so dry. Just be careful to NOT tug your hair or you will have a lot of breakage. On Specktra I realized I wasn't using it right & since then try to be more gentle on my hair.

All & all i would suggest the GHD (all the rave here) or the MAXIglide, especially if you have course curly hair like I do.

HTH! You can PM me if you have any other questions.
yes.gif

glam8babe

yeh i have the hot pink ones and they are AMAZING! you should really invest in some as they are the best around...every salon ive been to the hairdresser has always recommended GHD to me and saying how other straighteners have dodgy plates. Ive heard alot about T3 ones which arent in the UK and they sound good but i think GHD is the most popular. you can buy the gift sets from ASOS.com - The Online Fashion Store - Women's Clothing & Designer Clothes [ships to US not sure about australia] which include the straightener itself, hair products, and a dvd etc. so worth it!

chameleonmary

Hehe thanks ladies, I noticed I too wrote in that thread after I tried my sister in law's GHD... sigh! I think I will have to just bite the bullet and buy one. Thankyou muchly
smiles.gif

LuckyGirl3513

i have a revlon ceramic flat which was really cheap and i love it!

Sarah

yes get the GHD's ive had 2 pairs now over the past 4 years or so and wouldnt be without them or use anything else.

Love Always Ivy

i am absolutely in love with my sedu. i had begged my mom for a sedu for my birthday but she got me a red chi (
ssad.gif
) but to be polite i tried it out for a week or two. the chi FRIED my hair even though i was using the CHI brand thermal protectors and when i tried to curl with it, it didnt run smoothly in my hair enough to make a nice curl. so i returned that one and picked up the T3
pink mini, which really did nothing for my hair - my old 20 dollar revlon ancient prehistoric one was better. finally i returned that and got the sedu i wanted from the beginning. the other two straighteners had left my hair in ruins, but the sedu actually HELPED it out. it made it shinier and silkier. i can straighten, flip and curl with it too. the plates NEVER snag on me either.

user68

Another wote for GHD

I got myself the version with the wider plates because my hair is very thick. I'm always rushing in the mourning but even with spare 5 minutes I can get my hair to look healthy and perfect. Seriously, you wont regret it!

FK79

I also recommend GHD. I had a pair that were similar to GHDs but obviously cheaper and the ceramic coating came off the plates
thmbdn.gif

socalmacfan

I have a T3 (wet or dry version) that I bought on-line (Sephora, I think) last year for $200.00 and it works great. I have used it when my hair was both wet and dry and I find it works best if I towel dry my hair first so it's not soaking wet. It leaves my hair w/ a nice sheen and I don't have to use any product!

I love this flat iron and my hair is very thick and tends to get dried out quickly. I have found that this was definitely worth the investment.

Good luck.

M0NiCAxBO0

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalmacfan
I have a T3 (wet or dry version) that I bought on-line (Sephora, I think) last year for $200.00 and it works great. I have used it when my hair was both wet and dry and I find it works best if I towel dry my hair first so it's not soaking wet. It leaves my hair w/ a nice sheen and I don't have to use any product!

I love this flat iron and my hair is very thick and tends to get dried out quickly. I have found that this was definitely worth the investment.

Good luck.

I agree. I have this iron also. I absolutely love it, it doesn't take me as long to straighten my hair, but I think any straighteren is good, if it's ceramic, so it won't harm your hair as bad.

baby_love

Re: Flat Iron Recommendations

my sister's favorite, or so she thought was the CHI, but then she tried the Sedu ones, and she loves it so much more. My step sister got the same one for Hanukkah. it gets very hot and makes your hair silky smooth.

However, I just started using the CHI hair dryer and OH MY GOD it is amazing. it takes me 15 minutes to dry my hair, and afterwords I just have to go over it with a straightener, and I use a crappy remington one. My hair usually takes FOREVER to dry and then I have to spend a good 45 minutes to an hour straightening it. This is a good dryer.

Honey2

I love my GHD. My hair is very thick. My stylist has to take a break in the middle of blow drying bc her arms get tired :/ AND it's coarse. It's also been bleached, blacked, etc...I have not been nice to it. I just run my ghd through it once and it feels awesome.
True Love
smiles.gif

sinergy

GHD are great. Of course Im a fan of the original CHI, but I know too many people that have problems with them after awhile. Has anyone tried the new BedHead/Tigi straightening Iron?

shell12367

I would totally recommend a CHI. I use one on a daily basis in a salon, and they work great and last a long time

girlstar

I am thinking of buying a Sedu, and I see on the folica website, they now have a 2008 model and the old model. Does anyone have any experience with the new one? I'm trying to decide between the two, and I just can't.

bellamac

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlstar
I am thinking of buying a Sedu, and I see on the folica website, they now have a 2008 model and the old model. Does anyone have any experience with the new one? I'm trying to decide between the two, and I just can't.

I owned a 1.5 inch Sedu and loved it. I have ordered the new 2008 model, but it was out of stock. I took a chance that I will like it as well. I will let you know my results once I have had a oppotunity to compare.