Flat Iron Recommendations/Questions - post all here

aznbaby4ever94

Re: Flat Iron Recommendations

i probably have posted on this thread, but ill do it again to get my point across :)

GET A GHD. yes they are expensive. but it is the best iron out there.

i have INCREDIBLY THICK frizzy black curly- hair,, and LOTS AND LOTS of it.

i can straighten my hair no problem now. it comes out frizz free, silky, straight, and shiny. i got the 1.75 in. plates cause i have alot of hair instead of the 1 in. plates. it looks like i have natural straight hair.

oh and it heats up VERY quick :) which is a big plus in my book

so...

go out to your local sephora and GO BUY A GHD

lol hah.

onezumi

I love my Sedu. I was going to get a CHI but I read that the cable on these shorts out and in fact my hair stylist had one short out on her. I didn't go for GHD because when buying an flat iron, I was not sure if I would use it very often to justify the price.
greengrin.gif

Oh, I use Biosilk Silk therapy with mine!

Love Always Ivy

i swear by my Sedu. i tried 4 different ones before it, including the Chi, T3, Babyliss and some random one you get at the mall. My sedu makes my hair super straight, and when i curl with it, the curls are amazing and stay on their own without spray. it is also the only iron that not only DOESNT fry my hair but it gives it SHINE.

RayannaBanana

I've pretty much only used a CHI and It works pretty good for me. The only thing is I haven't had one that's lasted more then a year and something happens to it.
Usually it's the cord or the light won't turn on so the iron doesn't heat up. The last one had a probably with the on and off switch getting stuck and then not turning on. The lady I bought it from said that happened to one of hers as well. Good thing I have a 2 year warrenty on them or I would have to keep buying new ones. They work good they just don't seem to last long for me.

Fearnotsomuch

I took the plunge and bought a sedu the other day and I absolutely love it! Cut my hair straightening time in half, heats up super quickly, and it makes my hair feel so soft. Best of all? My hair STAYS straight rather than poofing up the minute I walk outside. I use it with redken smooth down for some heat protection and extra frizz control.

cupcake_x

I have a generic brand version of the CHI that I bought at Sallys Beauty Supply for $70 and I like it a lot.

hhunt2

So everyone always say NEVER to get the cheap straightner/curler b/c it will damage your hair... unfortunatly, I wasn't thinking last night and bought a Revlon 1 inch straighter ($19.99 at Target). It's ceramic & heats up in 30 seconds. I used it this morning, and it's CRAP! It did NOT get hot enough and it felt as if it was "snagging" my hair. My hair looks like crap.

I've had the Hot Tools 2 inch straighter for about 4 years and it's great! My hair always looks great. I bought it at some asian owned supply store and it was about $25.
I was reading the box to the Revlon straightner & it says the product is a "Helen of Troy" product. I believe Hot Tools is too (well, I've seen the same Hot Tools straighter that says "Helen of Troy" on it; and they looked identical).

Can anyone recommend a place or website to buy a good straighter (I'm hearing that Chi, GHD, T3, Solia & Sedu are the good ones) at a "sale" price?? I've heard Ulta (b/c they have sales or coupons) & folica.com

I would love to own a great straightner but paying almost $200 gives me butterfly's in my stomach haha...

Julie5

I just bought a GHD and I am really happy with it. I was going to go with a CHI but too many breakdowns scared me. And when you buy one on line they will not cover your warranty. So I got a GHD and I love it. I have heard many many many good things about it.Keeping my hair healthy is a MUST since i color my hair and this does. It is more expensive but worth the price. Dont buy something cheap just invest in something good. Cause we want to keep our wonderfull hair on our head
yes.gif
I hope this helps, Good luck!!!

RayannaBanana

I'm very confused about some of the reviews on the new Sedu flat iron on the folica website. A lot of people love it and then theres quite a few that have been saying they quit working within minutes. Are there a lot defective Sedu's out there or maybe it's just the ones from folica?

I have a CHI. I posted before that I've gone through at least 4 within the last 2 years or a bit more so I have been thinking about getting a Sedu since I have been hearing good things about them but people seem to be getting the same results as in they work and then they don't what's the point?
I'm just a bit confused as to who to believe. And is it really that bad not to have the swivel cord?

If I do end up getting a Sedu there is a salon in town that carries them so I don't have to get one from folica.

pat

My bfs sister bought me my hair straightener from one of those carts in the mall.

The name is "HerStyler", I've had it for two year and it's been great. I believe it's around $100? I used Conair years ago, and from what I remember it was "ok", you get the price you pay for...

My best suggestion to you is to go too Ulta, I believe they let you try the hair products if an assistant helps you?

stacylynne

I have long thick hair. I have a CHI. Had it for 4 years & I love it. I have dropped it & it's still 1 of my prized possesions. Love it

girlstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayannaBanana
I'm very confused about some of the reviews on the new Sedu flat iron on the folica website. A lot of people love it and then theres quite a few that have been saying they quit working within minutes. Are there a lot defective Sedu's out there or maybe it's just the ones from folica?

I have a CHI. I posted before that I've gone through at least 4 within the last 2 years or a bit more so I have been thinking about getting a Sedu since I have been hearing good things about them but people seem to be getting the same results as in they work and then they don't what's the point?
I'm just a bit confused as to who to believe. And is it really that bad not to have the swivel cord?

If I do end up getting a Sedu there is a salon in town that carries them so I don't have to get one from folica.

I had the new Sedu for four months before it died. And the part that really pisses me off is that it's out of stock until August, so I can't even get it replaced. Never mind the fact that folica wants me to pay to ship it back to them (which would cost an arm and a leg from England) - why should I have to pay because I got a faulty straightener? And it's a really good straightener!
ssad.gif

I have a big beef with folica, their customer service is the worst I've ever seen. You're fine until you have a problem - they don't reply to customer service emails, and the customer service people on the phone are hellbitches. Downright RUDE.
thmbdn.gif

Keysten

My hair stylist used a new flat iron on me last night than what he normally uses...I fell in love instantly b/c my hair stayed pin straight during the humid rainy walk back to my car...and let me tell you my hair frizzes very easily here in Florida.

It is the TurboIon/Croc Titanium Wet to Dry Flat Iron. The display is digital and it heats up to 430 degrees. I have thick hair that is very curly when wet. All he had to do was blow dry my hair and run his fingers through and section it off and then straighten. Apparently the titatium is better than ceramic. They were sold out of it at the salon so I bought it on overstock.com when I got home. Can't wait for it's arrival!!

GlossyAbby

My friend is a hairdresser and she used to use a chi and now all she uses is GHD she says it blows chi out of the water....I want one but I need to wait since I bought a t3 2 yrs ago and I need to get my $200 worth
smiles.gif

mac_3

I've had a Solia for almost 4 years now and I'm very happy with it. I use it almost daily and it's still going strong. I think they're about $80.00 on Folica.com.

aznbaby4ever94

GHD hands down. i have a chi as well as my ghd and i dont like it at all

the ghd is expensive, but its SOOO worth it. it makes your hair soft and shiny and STRAIGHT lol.

sunshine88

I just bought a new hair straightener at Ulta Cosmetics. It is ceramic but I dont remember the brand name. it was around $40 and its red......it works great!

Jaim

I just bought the GHD 2" flat iron and I love it. I can straighten my hair in about 5 minutes when it used to take me about 20 with my old straightener. It's amazing!