Flat Iron Recommendations/Questions - post all here

astronaut

Re: Flat Iron Recommendations

I have a t3. I was going to get a Sedu, but the one they had at Ulta was kind of unattractive :p It was either t3 or CHI pretty much, but I heard CHIs are overrated, so I got this one for the cuteness of it lol. Works nicely so far.

P197409_hero.jpg

I use the GVP flat iron on my clients at school. It is an off brand that is compared to the CHI flat iron which I also use on clients. They prefer the GVP iron over the CHI. They have 5 different heat settings the lowest being 140 degrees and the highest being 410 degrees. I highly recomend them. You can get them at any Sally's Beauty Supply for like $50. And they put them on sale quite often. And they come in different colors.
greengrin.gif
I have a pink one.
greengrin.gif

asianjewels

I just got my GHD the other day and it' HOT! Ha, but seriously it's amazing!
!
th_worship.gif
GHD
Added bonus, you can use it in multiple countries because of it's voltage.

dp3

I've tried the following flat irons and here are my thoughts:

-FHI Platform (goes up to 410 degrees, temp adjustable)
-CHI Nano (blue one) (supposedly goes up to 400+ degrees, temp unadjustable, makes hair fluffy)
-T3 Narrow Wet or Dry (goes up to 410 degrees, temp adjustable, hand cramps up while using it)
-Sedu Original (goes up to 410 degrees, temp adjustable, recommend)
-GHD (supposedly goes up to 370 degrees, temp unadjustable, recommend)

Sedu or GHD are my top choices. All the rest do not get hot enough. They are both highly rated on folica.com. Sedu is really good, but the plates on mine got loose and it didn't stay hot. I wanted a different iron, so I tried all the different irons and none of them got as hot as the Sedu. GHD lives up to the hype. It gets as hot as the Sedu, given that there's no temp control.

Hope this helps!

user79

I'm really debating order the 220V Sedu from folica.com because we just don't have any product like this here in Switzerland - I wager to say even in Europe. But it would cost $164 with shipping, plus additional charges from UPS in Switzerland and maybe even duty. I am very on the fence if I should go for it, that is a lot of money.

Any European or intl. people ordered before? Is it worth it?

I read some worrying reviews on MUA about the Sedu, that the cable shorts out after a few months, like under a year! Anyone had a problem with that?

mzKEL_RENEE

i have a Turbo Ion Croc and it is by far the best flat iron i have ever used!
it heats up to 420 degrees!
even my friends with really curly hair can straighten a part of their hair in 1 swipe.
i absolutely love this iron and highly recommend it. its a little pricey but def. worth it.
i found it on sale on this site:
TurboIon The Croc Flat Iron 1 1/2"

girlstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyBean
Does anyone have the new Sedu? I want it!

I do, and it's AMAZING. If my apartment was burning down, it would be one of the things I would try to save haha
greengrin.gif

BlaqueCat

Hiya, I just bought an ISO flat iron turbo (a 100% ceramic plates & tourmaline one) from Ebay, brand new.. I actually bought it to curl my hair (it's a 1 inch iron) and it works wonders! heats up in like 10 secs. and it stays the way you like it until you wash your hair again.
retail price is about 220 dollars but I got it for like 60 on ebay!

(btw I curled it on saturday evening, and on monday it was still curled
greengrin.gif
, it was too pretty to wash lol)
HTH!

Lollie

I've bought a CHI iron in January and I'm VERY pleased with it! In fact, I think I'm a bit addicted to it. My hair looks wonderful after using it and it feels so soft! I only have to go over each strand twice. I bought it on ebay for $80 I believe.

redambition

i recently bought a GHD IV styler and i absolutely
heart.gif
it.

heats up super quick (and beeps when it's ready), straightens my hair easily and quickly and leaves it feeling silky smooth... which is a lot more than i can say for my old remington straightener.

gelydh

Any flat iron recommendations for extremely short (just over an inch long) hair?

KellyBean

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqueCat
Hiya, I just bought an ISO flat iron turbo (a 100% ceramic plates & tourmaline one) from Ebay, brand new.. I actually bought it to curl my hair (it's a 1 inch iron) and it works wonders! heats up in like 10 secs. and it stays the way you like it until you wash your hair again.
retail price is about 220 dollars but I got it for like 60 on ebay!

(btw I curled it on saturday evening, and on monday it was still curled
greengrin.gif
, it was too pretty to wash lol)
HTH!

I have one of those. I don't like it. It feels very cheap to me. It's not very smooth and it's hard to curl hair with.

makeupmadb

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelydh
Any flat iron recommendations for extremely short (just over an inch long) hair?

Well I have normal GHD stylers for my quite long hair which are great. You could try the mini GHD styler
smiles.gif

makeupNdesign

HAI all the way--I've been using mine for the past 6 years and it hasn't failed me yet. I also use it on my clients as well. My stylist was the one who recommended it to me and I've been a fan every since.

Fyi: I've got naturally coarse, frizzy hair and I've gone through tons of flat irons that just didn't work. Even without product in my hair, this one works fabulously and heats up in 10 seconds flat!

M0NiCAxBO0

I had a T3 Wet and Dry straightener, costs about 200, but I got mines as a gift, worked soo well! I loved it, then something happened, and stopped working, hate it, it almost caught on fire, I didn't even use it up for a year, I never even straightener while wet and took good care of it, but I don't know what happened, ughhh. So sad ..
ssad.gif

So I had to use my cheap straightener I bought at Wal-mart, Remington,
worked really good too, but I didn't like the feel of it ..

Then I got the HerStyler, Colorful Seasons, got it in blue and I got it for
$27 shipped, loving it. And I hope nothing happen. Works really well with
my hair and I have wavy, thick hair and I'm learning to curl with it, and
it curls so much better than using a curling iron <3

macmistress

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyBean
I have one of those. I don't like it. It feels very cheap to me. It's not very smooth and it's hard to curl hair with.

My bro uses the pencil ghds. And its a doddle. So much easier.
thmbup.gif

Hai is my fav much cheaper than chai. All the stylist around my srea sweat by hai & you can pick one up on ebay for cheap.

Paramnesia

Has anybody tried the VS Goddess straighten it looks pretty good. I really need a new hair straightener, I'll either by a new one or get my hair permanently straightened (though that might cost at least $200)