Flat Iron Recommendations/Questions - post all here

pensive

Re: Flat Iron Recommendations

A couple months ago I bought BaByliss Pro straightener and I love it. I bought a CHI before and it was good but it made my hair smell burnt. The BaByliss is perfect and straighteners my thick/frizzy hair with only one swipe compared to the two or three it took with the CHI.

feenin4makeup

Last week, I invested on a new Croc Titanium Wet-Dry flat iron and it is the BOMB! I actually can't believe how much better it is than any other flat iron I have tried, including the Chi. You can use it on wet or dry hair, it makes your hair SUPER straight and it stays all day long, even in the humidity!! *I live in Houston so I know humidity!* I highly recommend this to anyone looking to get better results. I still can't believe what a difference this is!!
thmbup.gif

Check it out at TurboIon Croc Titanium Wet to Dry Flat Iron 1 1/2" at Misikko - FREE 2 DAY SHIPPING

You won't be sorry!!
th_DANCE.gif

glamgirl1969

Yes I Just Bought The Gvp From Sally Beauty Supply Last Week And It Is Supposed To Compare To The Chi, So Far I Have Really Like It, If Your Interested It Also Comes In Colors & Designs. I Paid $59.99 When I Got It, It Just Happened To Be On Sale Tho. Hope This Helps....glamgirl1969

April47

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedbaby
T3 Tourmaline.... omg I can't say how much I love mine!!

This is SUCH a good straightener. It makes your hair look healthy.

I personally don't have one but my Mom does as well as my hairdresser. They are soooo nice.

I have the pink Corioliss and it works okay. I've only used it a couple times. My hair always stays in a ponytail...

xxManBeaterxx

Cant remember if i posted here before.. I bought the sedu at Folica: Hair Care Skin Care & Beauty Product Reviews in 2004 and im absolutely in love with it after 4 years, its still like brand new. I used other brands before and the chi broke after 6 months, my hair is goes down to my lower back and it really cuts my straightening time in half. Maybe i can post a before and after pic one on this thread one day.

kera484

I've had my Solia flat iron for almost two years now, and it really gets my hair straight and shiny. I really love it!!! I have very curly, thick, and frizzy hair.

erynnj

ive had my HAI for over five years, heats up lightning fast and heats up to 475, it was about 120, cheaper than chi and imo, the best investment you could make everyone who has this has had raving reviews

MAC*alicious

I love my GHD too! It's expensive but the best Flat Iron I've ever used! My hair is straight and shiny! It needs only a few seconds to be hot and you can do curls with it too! I use it every day, my hair is platin blond bleached and I need a Iron that don't burn my hair cause it's stressed but with the GHD it's shining and feel like silk, I'm so in love with it! (=

glamdoll

Sedu! for real, best one hands down. I had 2 different HAI and I DO NOT recomend them because after a year and a half or so the cord stops working and you have to jiggle it and wiggle it to get the iron to work, and this happened to me w/ 2 different HAI irons. I thought I might have gotten a bad batch, but nope, its just how HAI is, my mother had an HAI and the smae thing JUST happened to her w/ the cord. So I would definetly say SEDU!
smiles.gif

User34

I have this one too. It works really well.. however I think it would be much better on finer or thinner hair. Mine is really course and thick but it does do the job.

Roach569

I have a GHD MRK 4 and LOVE it!!! I highly reccomend GHD's. Well worth your money.

Delerium

I love my Sedu...I was skeptical at first, but it has turned out to be money well spent.

imatocophobic

oh yeah i love my SEDU!!!

Although its a lil pricey for a straightening iron but i think its worth every penny!

l1onqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by so_siqqq
Yup, Chi flat irons are known to break after a while.

I use Babyliss Pro Ceramic Hair Iron . It's about $90, various temprarture settings, and it has a 2 1/2 inch plate. I like this best so far and I've had for more than 1 1/2 years. I don't buy hair tools on ebay. I buy most of my hair tools off on Folica: Hair Care Skin Care & Beauty Products Reviews Like CHI Flat Iron. They're really reliable and have good customer service. I never had an issue with them. But I planning on purchasing a Sedu flat iron soon too.

I love the Babyliss iron too!

l1onqueen

Re: Advice on flat irons, please!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Pixie04
I'm proud to say that Sephora is now the exclusive US retailer for GHD products and tools (for now anyway) but they only get up to 374 degrees, and my T3 gets up to 410 and styles my hair while it's wet.

I 've gone through 2 CHIs, I loved them both but they kept breaking. Their blowdryer is amazing though.

I am being so serious right now, I didnt know that black people could do that! Please dont think I am an idiot, but can you really do this without damaging your hair? What if you have a relaxer? If this is possible, without damage I am high tailing it to Sephora tommorow!

ClaireAvril

Hello...

Wanted to rant about my new flat iron I just got from Sally Beauty last week.

My Hairart flat iron (which I thought was the BEST Flat iron everrr) that I paid about 150$ for @ the salon decided to randomly blow up one day so I spent some time without a flat iron..
angry.gif

RIP Hairart H3300 (or whatever model you were) - you've been with me through good times and bad.

P10188462.jpg

If you come across one of these.. get it!

I think my hair was in heaven without it.. flat ironing really damaged my hair.
Anyway.. I decided that I need an iron, but this time I will wash my hair and then flat iron once.. then use rollers until I wash again.
So I found the Power IQ 1" Tourmaline Ceramic Styling Iron and I love it.

hmmph017.jpg

I believe it was 69$ CDN - not a bad price considering its pretty comparable to the Hairart Iron.. and it leaves the hair silky and not dry and brittle looking.

hmmph019.jpg

So.. this picture doesn't give it much justice because I took it with my blackberry.. but here's the results. I could do a before and after.. but i won't

Enjoy!! Oh yes.. I highly recommend these tourmaline irons (the plates are really smooth) - the regular ceramic irons don't give the shine and just dry the hair. IMO!

IMG00056.jpg

C

CantAffordMAC

Ooooh Claire ur hair looks gorgeous

I bought myself a Sedu for Christmas last year, I got it on sale for I dunno, maybe 90-95 bucks. I freaking love it. I love it. I just love it. It gets hot as hell, and its ready to use in like a minute or two after turning it on. It just makes my hair so smooth and soft and great.

Gooooooo Sedu. My first GOOD high quality flat iron, and Ill probably keep repurchasing.

Latest posts