MAC Fashion Sets discussion

Shellcat

I agree.

I love and admire the time and work she puts into her website and love her product swatches.

But when it comes to the lips, it seems she puts quite a few layers on her lips and just doesn't look right.
shrugs.gif

Rebel lipglass is pretty gorgeous! And Snob and Saint Germain look soooo weeeird on Temptalia lol. I've never tried them myself, but I'm warming up to Gaga 1 and I like Naughty Saute. I just think Snob and Saint Germain would wash me out (particularly Saint Germain). I wish Girl About Town looked decent on me, lol. I don't know what it is about that shade, it's just not very flattering on me at all.

pemily

I can see what you mean with a double take, But I struggle to even see any colour with Karen's.... At least we get a good view with Christine's

duckrodeo

But I struggle to even see any colour with Karen's.... At least we get a good view with Christine's
True. Christine gives us a really good idea of what the lipstick looks like at its fullest. I'm liking the different lighting shots she includes now, too.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Rebel lipglass is pretty gorgeous! And Snob and Saint Germain look soooo weeeird on Temptalia lol. I've never tried them myself, but I'm warming up to Gaga 1 and I like Naughty Saute. I just think Snob and Saint Germain would wash me out (particularly Saint Germain). I wish Girl About Town looked decent on me, lol. I don't know what it is about that shade, it's just not very flattering on me at all.
Snob is a lot more wearable than it looks on T, it looks more muted in real life IMO. At least on me (NW10-15) it's more flattering and it's one of my go to l/s. Saint Germain is another story though, LOL, it is much more intense than Snob. If you like Gaga 1 I'm sure you will like Snob as well.

MACerette

http://www.temptalia.com/mac-spice-lipglass-lipstick-nail-lacquer-review-photos-swatches
Really thankful for your links Rockin! I really thought I was going to get a large part of the European collection. However, after seeing T's swatches I'll only take Russian Red nailpolish since I already have the lipstick and lipglass. Maybe Saint Germain, but I will check that in store. Too bad GAT isn't coming our way. One of the best sets I have seen in the swatches. Soooo disappointed in Impassioned, especially the polish which seems way off...
thmbdn.gif

rockin

Really thankful for your links Rockin! I really thought I was going to get a large part of the European collection. However, after seeing T's swatches I'll only take Russian Red nailpolish since I already have the lipstick and lipglass. Maybe Saint Germain, but I will check that in store. Too bad GAT isn't coming our way. One of the best sets I have seen in the swatches. Soooo disappointed in Impassioned, especially the polish which seems way off...
thmbdn.gif
GAT is my favourite, too. That and Angel might persuade me to buy nail lacquers IF they become available here, despite the huge number of nail polishes (of various brands) I already own. I'd get the GAT lipgloss, too (I already have the lipstick).

For the most part, the European collection is pretty dull.

MACerette

I agree. We miss out on several pretty colours. I also have GAT and think the polish and gloss are some of the best in the collection. From what I see, the most items (gloss and nailpolishes) are a bit diappointing and those that aren't are not in the EU collection.

Rezel

Soo excited about Spice lipstick. Spice lip liner is one of my first Mac products and I love it so much I use it alone as an all over lip color.

j087

Darn it, Razzledazzler l/s is sold out! I shouldn't have waited for the swatches to come out lol. Now it's just Spice l/s and Ravishing l/s in my cart. I really hope there's a restock, but they haven't been too good restocking lippies as of late especially the limited edition ones.

jenntoz

I agree that Christine's swatches are usually way overdone & Karen's are too light but I do love both of their sites. I think that Allura's swatches are the most dependable lately on how a color looks as worn in real life. I also think Allura's coloring is closest to mine so that really helps me personally

internetchick

I just placed an order for Girl About Town, Russian Red, and Rebel lipsticks. I got Rebel lipglass. Not interested in much else.

Winthrop44

Darn it, Razzledazzler l/s is sold out! I shouldn't have waited for the swatches to come out lol. Now it's just Spice l/s and Ravishing l/s in my cart. I really hope there's a restock, but they haven't been too good restocking lippies as of late especially the limited edition ones.
Are these going to be at counters?

BEEaboutmakeup

I agree with what everyone is saying. Lipstick is definitely worn blotted down and paired with liners and glosses these days. There's so many fashionable ways to wear it. I personally believe that you get more out of the lipstick by pairing it with a liner that complements the lipstick color or slightly contrasting with it. It's crazy because she has SO many resources and doesn't take advantage of it. I read other blogs where the women are AMAZING at makeup, and don't get the recognition they deserve. The more popular bloggers are terrible at makeup application. My point of saying this is definitely not to trash them, so I won't throw out any names. I'm simply stating the truth. When it comes to swatches, I say find someone you sincerely trust or simply go to your local counter or store to test it out. Only you know what you like. People depend on T's swatches so much because she's one of the few, if not the only big-time blogger who can get the entire collection. I enjoy her site, but I have to take everything she says with a grain of salt because her opinion is a consumer / novice-based opinion... Not an artist opinion. Plus our complexions are so different so what looks great on her may not look great on me. I prefer the bloggers who focus on artistry and different ways to use the product versus just swatching it and saying it's the best or saying it's horrible because it didn't SWATCH well. Okay... so it didn't swatch well, but how did it perform when you put the product to USE? I have NUMEROUS MAC shadows that don't swatch well BUT perform well.

Latest posts