MAC Fashion Sets discussion

rockin

It's very rare that I'll pair lipgloss with lipstick - it's one or the other for me.

http://www.temptalia.com/mac-fashion-sets-lipglass-review-round-up

j087

It's very rare that I'll pair lipgloss with lipstick - it's one or the other for me.

Same here, but I much prefer l/s over l/g. The only time I'll do l/s with l/g is when I wear a nude lip. I find nudes more wearable that way.

chinablaq

I JUST placed my order and here's my list:

Morange l/s
Morange l/g
Girl About Town l/g (I already have the lipstick)
Spice l/s
Spice l/g

I CANNOT wait to get my hands on Spice. It kinda reminds me of Pillow Talk (which is my faaaaavorite nude lip) lipstick, just a tad darker! I usually don't backup items, but I regret not backing up Pillow Talk. If Spice tickles my fancy like I think it will, I'm definitely backing up the l/g and the l/s.

As far as Morange ... I know the lipstick is permanent but I like for things to be complete so I had to get the l/s with the l/g lol.
Great choices! You're gonna love Spice!!

mac_aiken

Thinking about pulling the trigger on Spice l/s. I really don't have a good nude. Think an NW15 could pull this off?

chinablaq

Does anyone know if Please Me is similar to Lovelorn?
tong.gif
They seem to be 2 totally different shades IMO... Here are swatch comparisons.

With Flash Outside Sun lighting

Both taken with my iphone 4s
In person the colors look more close to the photo with flash only a lil warmer. HTH

duckrodeo

Thinking about pulling the trigger on Spice l/s. I really don't have a good nude. Think an NW15 could pull this off?
I think so! Especially with the rosey undertone of the lipstick, I think it would be quite flattering.

I'm not surprised Razzledazzler sold out so quickly, especially for those that missed out on Flamingo. However, I would think that MAC would definitely restock this collection if it is running through June 28. I know we have Hey Sailor! In between there, but particularly for Razzledazzler's sake, it is a permanent shade in Asia, so I don't see why they wouldn't have another restock. It's not exactly a regular "limited edition" lipstick like Spice and Chestnut.

LMD84

i really hope we get girl about town gloss in the uk release - i love that lipstick and the gloss looks bloody awesome too! :)

BEEaboutmakeup

Go for it. It has a rosy hue to it. For those fair women who think Chestnut l/s is too bold, I think they will find Spice to be satisfying. I really believe that Spice is for everyone from fair women to us brown gals. I like it because it's not a plain nude. Those rosy hues really make it neat. IDK if you're in the US or not but if you are, you'll have a chance to go to your local counter or store to test it out since this shade is a part of the North America set.

BEEaboutmakeup

Great choices! You're gonna love Spice!!

Girl, yes! I'm so ready to get my hands on Spice. Your swatches persuaded me to get Morange. I'm not afraid of orange, but I never paid attention to the color. But after seeing the gloss and lipstick... I had to get them! And of course Girl about Town was a no-brainer. I have the l/s so it was only right to get the l/g.

How are you liking Peachstock l/s, l/g and Impassioned l/s, lg? I'm thinking about going back and ordering those sometime next week.

BEEaboutmakeup

I know MAC went based off "popular" shades in each region but I am puzzled as to why Up the Amp isn't popular in the U.S.!?? That's my all-time favorite lipstick from MAC. When I was working for them I put so many customers on that lipstick. I'm on my 3rd tube. LOL. I would have went crazy if they made a matching gloss to Up the Amp. I have Famously Fab! l/g , which does remind me of Up the Amp, so I guess I will have to be content with that. haha

martiangurll

I know MAC went based off "popular" shades in each region but I am puzzled as to why Up the Amp isn't popular in the U.S.!?? That's my all-time favorite lipstick from MAC. When I was working for them I put so many customers on that lipstick. I'm on my 3rd tube. LOL. I would have went crazy if they made a matching gloss to Up the Amp. I have Famously Fab! l/g , which does remind me of Up the Amp, so I guess I will have to be content with that. haha

Up the Amp gloss would be sweet. I don't feel any rush on this collection. The chestnut nail polish looks happening, but I hardly ever wear polish that I don't get at the salon. And MAC formula just really doesn't compare to OPI. I just go with Lincoln Park After Dark if I need the brick brown vamp nails or go with Midnight In Moscow.

If there is any Spice lippie left when I order next, I could see it jump into my cart. And a Morange gloss...but in general, the gloss is too sticky, I would rather wait for creamsheen glass or plush glass in the color I want...

BEEaboutmakeup

Up the Amp gloss would be sweet. I don't feel any rush on this collection. The chestnut nail polish looks happening, but I hardly ever wear polish that I don't get at the salon. And MAC formula just really doesn't compare to OPI. I just go with Lincoln Park After Dark if I need the brick brown vamp nails or go with Midnight In Moscow.
If there is any Spice lippie left when I order next, I could see it jump into my cart. And a Morange gloss...but in general, the gloss is too sticky, I would rather wait for creamsheen glass or plush glass in the color I want...

Yea I feel you. I get my nails done twice a week at a salon so I actually don't own any nail polishes. I doubt any of these sell out. Of course Razzledazzler sold out since it's only permanent in Asia and LE in North America. I ordered, but I still want Peachstock and Impassioned l/g & l/s... I also want 4 things from the Hey Sailor collection so I've decided to order those 8 together around the 2nd week of May. Well 7, since I'm gonna B2M for Impassioned. I'm almost certain that the l/g will still be available for purchase by the time Hey Sailor shows up on the MAC PRO site. I hope they give us a free shipping code too. LOL

I honestly don't mind if l/g are sticky as long as the color looks fab on my lips. The stickier the gloss, the less you have to reapply. I like the cremesheen glasses as well. But they wear off easily.

aradhana

i'm the same...once in a while i wear both when i do my makeup, but when it comes to reapplication i'll just do one...or neither!

Latest posts