MAC Fashion Sets discussion

SOMUCH2SHAY

I agree with what everyone is saying. Lipstick is definitely worn blotted down and paired with liners and glosses these days. There's so many fashionable ways to wear it. I personally believe that you get more out of the lipstick by pairing it with a liner that complements the lipstick color or slightly contrasting with it. It's crazy because she has SO many resources and doesn't take advantage of it. I read other blogs where the women are AMAZING at makeup, and don't get the recognition they deserve. The more popular bloggers are terrible at makeup application. My point of saying this is definitely not to trash them, so I won't throw out any names. I'm simply stating the truth. When it comes to swatches, I say find someone you sincerely trust or simply go to your local counter or store to test it out. Only you know what you like. People depend on T's swatches so much because she's one of the few, if not the only big-time blogger who can get the entire collection. I enjoy her site, but I have to take everything she says with a grain of salt because her opinion is a consumer / novice-based opinion... Not an artist opinion. Plus our complexions are so different so what looks great on her may not look great on me. I prefer the bloggers who focus on artistry and different ways to use the product versus just swatching it and saying it's the best or saying it's horrible because it didn't SWATCH well. Okay... so it didn't swatch well, but how did it perform when you put the product to USE? I have NUMEROUS MAC shadows that don't swatch well BUT perform well.
Can you share which bloggers you think are "amazing"? I'd like to see their sites, especially those by WOC. I like seeing swatches on people with brown skin to get a better idea of what the color may look like on me. If you don't feel comfortable posting here, can you inbox me?

BEEaboutmakeup

Can you share which bloggers you think are "amazing"? I'd like to see their sites, especially those by WOC. I like seeing swatches on people with brown skin to get a better idea of what the color may look like on me. If you don't feel comfortable posting here, can you inbox me?
http://www.shinyhappypretty.com/
http://boldnbeautifulmakeup.blogspot.com/
http://thefancyface.blogspot.com/

these are just a few of the blogs I read regularly.

peachsuns

They seem to be 2 totally different shades IMO... Here are swatch comparisons.

With Flash Outside Sun lighting

Both taken with my iphone 4s
In person the colors look more close to the photo with flash only a lil warmer. HTH
Thank you, thank you, thank you! It helps me a lot!
bouquet.gif

Please Me (L) and Lovelorn (R)?

Piarpreet

me too. But i only wear creamsheen lip glosses OR lipstick and I generally go for matte formulas or creamy like sheen supremes. I'm an extremely gal.
It's very rare that I'll pair lipgloss with lipstick - it's one or the other for me.

http://www.temptalia.com/mac-fashion-sets-lipglass-review-round-up

tokidokibaybee

Drats! I missed out on razzledazzler lipstick. I'm confused on this collection will this lipstick be out in stores next week or online only? thanks!

elegant-one

I know MAC went based off "popular" shades in each region but I am puzzled as to why Up the Amp isn't popular in the U.S.!?? That's my all-time favorite lipstick from MAC. When I was working for them I put so many customers on that lipstick. I'm on my 3rd tube. LOL. I would have went crazy if they made a matching gloss to Up the Amp. I have Famously Fab! l/g , which does remind me of Up the Amp, so I guess I will have to be content with that. haha
I agree - I love love love Up The Amp too

chinablaq

chinablaq, do you have Spice? I think we may be similar skin tones (I'm NC50). Spice was on my list until I saw swatches and now I'm not sure I can pull it off.
Yes I do, and I love it!! I plan on picking up a backup along with the gloss on launch day. I say go for it. I'm an NC50 as well, so im sure you can pull it off.

Prettypackages

I loved the brown lip trend (chestnut) in the 90's. Tried so hard to pull it off, but couldn't, so stuck to nail polish. I wish I remembered the name of the OPI color I wore. I don't even own chestnut liner.

Prettypackages

Damn I missed out on RazzleDazzler?!?!? I shouldn't have paid my bills. LOL I hope it restocks, that's the one I really wanted.