MAC Give me Liberty of London Discussion

Goat Goat Etc.

Gawd, Lavender Whip is in the mail but I feel compelled to get Blooming Lovely and hold on to the receipt for dear life! Maybe sell it to a friend.

abbyquack

I can't believe this collection will be in my hands tomorrow!
yahoo.gif
I put Fashion Mews on tonight and was thinking how hopefully I will be wearing another "purple" l/s tomorrow!
thmbup.gif
And as usual, I plan on throwing my list out the window when I get to MAC!
lol.gif

Swirlgirl

ummm....so I bought the makeup bag online and got it today...and I don't think it is worthy of the $30 price tag. In fact I am kicking myself now for paying that kind of money for a MAKEUP BAG! The pattern is cute, but the bag isn't lined and it is really flimsy - not sturdy like the Hello Kitty bags. The bag itself is really flat and doesn't have much shape to it. And the big flower pull is kind of tacky and cheap looking to me. I am so disappointed. I'll be checking out the color collection at Macy's tomorrow and I'm sure I'll like the actual makeup a lot more than this silly bag. If you're on the fence about the bag, IMO it's a SKIP!

sailordom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirlgirl
ummm....so I bought the makeup bag online and got it today...and I don't think it is worthy of the $30 price tag. In fact I am kicking myself now for paying that kind of money for a MAKEUP BAG! The pattern is cute, but the bag isn't lined and it is really flimsy - not sturdy like the Hello Kitty bags. The bag itself is really flat and doesn't have much shape to it. And the big flower pull is kind of tacky and cheap looking to me. I am so disappointed. I'll be checking out the color collection at Macy's tomorrow and I'm sure I'll like the actual makeup a lot more than this silly bag. If you're on the fence about the bag, IMO it's a SKIP!

Oh no! Really? Maybe I won't get the bag then. I wanted to, but I really don't need it (have plenty of Lancome GWP bags).
th_dunno.gif
And not getting a bag means I could get two other shadows or lippies from the perm collection!

I'm definitely getting Birds & Berries, Shell Pearl and Prim & Proper. Almost definitely getting A Different Groove.

I'm excited! Goodies tomorrow!
mac_haul.gif

abbyquack

Quote:

Thanks for the review, I was thinking of getting it to carry some of my nail polishes but now I think I can get away with a cheaper bag...
yes.gif

Mygreatlove

Blue India is sold out online!!
thmbdn.gif
I was debating ordering it and when I made the decision, it's sold out!

Edit: Online, I mean MAC's website.

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mygreatlove
Blue India is sold out online!!
thmbdn.gif
I was debating ordering it and when I made the decision, it's sold out!

Edit: Online, I mean MAC's website.

Aww, sorry you missed out
ssad.gif
I have to say that it doesn't surprise me though... I knew it would be the first to go...

Mygreatlove

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
Aww, sorry you missed out
ssad.gif
I have to say that it doesn't surprise me though... I knew it would be the first to go...

Yeah I had a feeling it would go fast so I have no idea why I waited. I haven't felt the greatest today so I'll blame it on that. Lol. I'm going to ask my mom if she's going to be around MAC tomorrow and have her pick me up one.

only1angel

Blue India is sold out already? Wow that was fast! I'm interested to see what's so special about this tomorrow! I wasn't crazy about how the color looked on Karla's nail swatches. But in other swatches I like it. I guess I just have to see it tomorrow. I'm the most excited about seeing Prim & Proper and Bough Grey.

carrie3579

Purchased Blue India nailpolish, Ever Hip Lipstick, Petals and Peacocks Lipstick, Frankly Fresh lipglass, Perennial High Style lipglass, English Accents lipglass, Summer Rose Beauty Powder from Nordies today.

Still on the fence about Shell Pearl (because it would be more of a highlighter for me), Dames Desire e/s, and Birds and Berries e/s (i rarely wear eyeshadow but these are pretty. Gonna convince myself that I dont need it so I dont spend any more money. I purchased way too much from the Spring Forecast Collection).

gachapin_luv

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss
I posted a review and a bunch of pics/swatches on my blog.

I wore Prim & Proper with Shell Pearl today and loved it!!

fluffy.gif

Kiss = Sofia, I love your reviews. I love your kitty and birdie. (I had a pet bird just like yours when I was a kid) My cat always gotta check my new MAC goodies, too.

Based on your review, you didn't like Bough Grey - I decided to take it off from my list. If you didn't like the texture, then, I wouldn't like it either. I will get Prim & Proper and Shell Pearl for sure.

I, too , saw "Alice in wonderland" yesterday. I was worried that I will be disappointed, but actually it was better than I thought. LOVE Chesire Cat!!

DonnaN

Quote:

Good to know this.....I have the larger of the two bags held with my stuff for tomorrow, so maybe I'll put this one back....I'm definately getting Birds & Berries e/s, but I'm rethinking the Bough Grey and instead thinking of Dame's Desire (or Satellite Dreams---thanks Audrey!)...I also have Ever Hip and Frankly Fresh being held....I tried both of these on today....Ever Hip is pretty, but just doesn't scream MUST HAVE for me...sad to say. I also tried A Different Groove, which did NOT look good on me.

I'd rather get Shell Pearl, which I saw described as a lighter, peacher and less-disco-ey version of NARS Orgasm blush!!

So, tomorrow revised list may be

Birds & Berries e/s
Frankly Fresh l/g
Shell Pearl b/p
Either Dames Desire or Satellite Dreams e/s
Naked liner
Trimmed in Pink liner

only time will tell.......
mac_haul.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky & Poodle
All this talk about Summer Rose... It makes my doubt weather I should get that instead of Hipness from To the Beach
th_dunno.gif

Any thoughts on that, and maybe a describtion of the differences?

hipness over summer rose anyday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisianthus
I just can't decide about the eyeshadows in this collection. I'm considering Bough Grey and Birds and Berries but now I want Dame's Desire because it looks so nice with Birds and Berries. Does anyone know how Dame's Desire compares to Fashion Groupie from last year's Starflash?

satellite dreams is basically fashion groupie with a bit of blue, and i did swatches of DD and SD. DD has the pink that both SD and FG lack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
^
icon_eek.gif

I am EXACTLY the same way
yes.gif
greengrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
it's the best way to be!
smiles.gif

yahoo.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3773519
Question! why is liberty of london not allowing me to use my discount for this collection???

like i posted yesterday, its cuz its a designer collaboration. copyright laws and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face2Mac
Sidenote: Should I be offended about all this wear anything/anywhere stuff, a response to my post? I just wanna know.

i hope you weren't offended. i posted my response in response to someone else's. i was just saying that i'll wear lime green shadow in the fall, or open-toed shoes in winter. i pay no attention to what's going on around me to determine what i wear. no offense intended doll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
iagree.gif
yes i love both finishes equally too
smiles.gif
it's mattes that i have a dislike for!
tong.gif

i have love for all finishes!

discriminators!!!

winkiss.gif

MACPixie

I totally agree with Swirlgirl, the makeup bags are cheap-looking and plastic-y!! Save your money, or buy more product!! Not worth the money!!

gachapin_luv

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_aiken
Elegant,
Karla's swatches of P&P look mighty brown. Would you say it is really that brown or more peach/nude?

Hmmm...
Now I have second thoughts about P&P...
I wonder it's too brown on me---Blushbaby was too dark and weird on me, so I might have to check it in person...

xoleaxo

kinda bummed to hear the makeup bag feels cheap/flimsy. hopefully i'll like it when it arrives in the mail!

gachapin_luv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylard
my bf woke me up this morning:
him: "the liberty stuff you can get now!"
me: "huh..........?"
him: "liberty of london girl!"
me: "........ oh, the counters get it on thursday though"
him: "the liberty girl has a scarf"
me: ".... oh that scarf. its like a hundred bucks...."
him: "no, its $115. i didnt know there was a scarf."
me: "how do you know about this?"
him: "i got an e-mail"

quite a bizzare conversation to have with your bf.......... lol but hes cute as a button.

My list:
bigger makeup bag
prime and proper
shell pearl
peachstock if it doesnt look brown and muddy on me
ever hip
perenial high style
naked and in synch lip liners if they still have them

this is probably my biggest haul since hello kitty. i havent fallen in love with any of the eyeshadows this time around.

Awwww. Your bf is really cute! I like your avatar a lot!

Latest posts