MAC Give me Liberty of London Discussion

xoleaxo

erine, thanks for the new swatches! PHS looks a lot more wearable than Sock hop is! alsooo, now i think i want Petals & Peacocks..
smiles.gif

xoleaxo

erine, thanks so much for the new swatches.. PHS looks a lot more wearable than sock hop. also, i think i need p&p now.. thought it would be too similar to GAT, but apparently not!

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I just ordered Free to Be in pan form from the MAC site. I will be depotting the other shadows from this collection, so I may as well save a few bucks where I can.
lol.gif

You will love Free To Be!

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Oh those swatches!
heart.gif

Blooming lovely is so so pretty.
English Accent
th_drool.gif
x2

does it ever end.....
cry.gif

No
th_hug.gif

I want these two lippies as well! Blooming Lovely looks.... lovely
winks.gif

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoleaxo
erine, thanks for the new swatches! PHS looks a lot more wearable than Sock hop is!

iagree.gif
I wanted to like Sock Hop but it was too thick and orange for me. PHS for me please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
I'm excited that Birds & Berries is quite different from Grey Range in the Photo Realism quad. B&B is so wonderfully vibrant and rich!
th_e2cloud9.gif

Based on Erin's fab swatches (
th_worship.gif
th_worship.gif
th_worship.gif
) my list is now:

Frankly Fresh l/g
Perennial High Style l/g
Birds & Berries e/s
Prim & Proper blush
Shell Pearl b/p
Summer Rose b/p *still a maybe*

winkiss.gif

That's my list too, except for maybes for Frankly Fresh and Blooming Lovely l/s!

I'm very excited for this collection! Haven't been this excited for a MAC collection for a long time.
mac_haul.gif

Shadowy Lady

Thanks for your helpful answers Erine
smiles.gif
Now I have my potential list:

- Bough Gray e/s
- Birds and Berries e/s
- Prim and proper blush
- Frankly Fresh l/g - I took another look at this and it looks sooooo purty!

MzzRach

The more I see of Perennial High Style the more I am LOVING it! So far, this collection is really living up to my anticipation. Yay!!!
th_thstars.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
The more I see of Perennial High Style the more I am LOVING it! So far, this collection is really living up to my anticipation. Yay!!!
th_thstars.gif

I hear ya! The more swatches I see, the more I add to my list. I sort of wish I would have scaled back my SCF haul a bit. I love everything that I got from that collection though. I just didn't expect to like so many things from this collection as well. I will most likely skip Pret A Papier (apart from maybe 1 e/s) and cut down wishlists for other stuff.

After seeing Erine's swatches above, I really am liking the looks of Perrenial High Style. And the more I see of Blooming Lovely, the more I like it. The lip products are really surprising me. Lots of fun, bright, sping/summer colors!

I am even considering posting a sale of stuff that I don't use enough, to be able to afford everything I want from this collection.
love.gif

MzzRach

I did not get anything from SCF, as I was hoping this collection would be as good as it is shaping up to be. Glad I held out!

Shadowy Lady

Quote:

I am even considering posting a sale of stuff that I don't use enough, to be able to afford everything I want from this collection.
love.gif

I was thinking about that too. I'm gonna make a stop at our post office tomorrow to get a feeling for what shipping out of Canada will cost me (prob a lot
ssad.gif
).

I was gonna get only one item from this collection, but seems like that won't happen anymore -> swatches...
drools.gif

fafi

Thx Erine for the swatches!!! Ur swatches always help me decide what to get.

I'm def getting P&P...it's the perfect bright fuschia! I love sock hop and phs also looks so nice! They fact that they are different justifies getting phs. YAY!!!

My list is:

P&P (brighter than GAT, so def getting it!)
BL (i love lavender shades)
PHS
EA (is this a cream? HOPE SO!!!)

elegant-one

Quote:
The more I see of Perennial High Style the more I am LOVING it!

It was one of the first on my gotta have it list
thmbup.gif

Quote:

After seeing Erine's swatches above, I really am liking the looks of Perrenial High Style. And the more I see of Blooming Lovely, the more I like it.

They are gorgeous! I am in love with Blooming Lovely
smiles.gif
English Accents & PHS!!!
drools.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
Nope, it doesn't! We obsess over one collection and as soon as we've got our
mac_haul.gif
of that, we head on to the next!! It is a cycle of madness, but I love it!
drools.gif

yes.gif
mac_haul.gif
crybaby.gif
----->
drools.gif
mac_haul.gif
crybaby.gif
th_dunno.gif

----->
mac_addict.gif

elegant-one

Audrey - I thought you would love that color! I can't wait to see what it looks like on the lips - sheered out of course
smiles.gif

abbyquack

Quote:
Gahhh, I am wearing Lavender Whip today
th_drool.gif
I definately want Blooming Lovely now.
yes.gif

I really love the look of Blooming Lovely- more than Lavender Whip even! The thing about the collection is that it takes colors that we've sorta seen before and makes them even more beautiful! I love Petals & Peacocks more than all the other fuschias, and PHS makes Sock Hop look orangey almost!

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
I really love the look of Blooming Lovely- more than Lavender Whip even! The thing about the collection is that it takes colors that we've sorta seen before and makes them even more beautiful! I love Petals & Peacocks more than all the other fuschias, and PHS makes Sock Hop look orangey almost!

I love the slight purple tones in Petals & Peacocks. I am never drawn to colors like that, but sheered out (
th_wink3.gif
) I think it would be lovely. I agree, Sock Hop looks SO orange compared to PHS. I defintely want to take a closer look to that one too.

Elegant, if it's darker or brighter than my lips, it automatically gets sheered out.
lol.gif

shontay07108

Looking at the swatches again just now, I've decided to get all the lipsticks and lipglasses along with both nail polishes and that peachy looking beauty powder.