MAC Heavenly creature discussion

Audrey C

Oh yeah I totally hear ya. It has been a struggle. Esp with deals and awesome collections happening everywhere. But when you arnt eating cause of money problems and cant pay bills you gotta do what you got to do ya know? Yeah I am passing on hey sailor
icon_eek.gif
which really saddens me cause I love color! Hope you can keep your list at just two, but I know how hard it it :)
When I wasn't in a position to buy new makeup, the upside was that I got to use up quite a bit of my inventory. I don't know about you, but I usually have items that I like and that have been sitting around unloved, unused and just waiting to be rediscovered. I don't think I bought more than powder and a very occasional lipstick for at least 2 - 3 years but my stash saw me through. You're doing the right thing by putting your basic needs first. It's not easy to pass up on the things we love, but this isn't permanent.

I hope things get better for you soon.
th_cheerup.gif

PixieDancer

I am too overwhelmed with this collection! I swear I'm ONLY getting things if they are unique to the things I already have! These can't be depotted, and I have to think practically. I'm starting to feel that MAC is sucking us in with hype and alluring swirls... Because so many of these MES shades look like dupes for other MES's that keep being re-released. If it's going to look the same on my eye in the end anyways, whats the point!? I'm really trying hard to anti-enable myself.
Think I'm going to set a limit of 2 MSF's, no more than 4 MES's, and 1-2 lip products... We'll see how this goes...

liba

I am too overwhelmed with this collection! I swear I'm ONLY getting things if they are unique to the things I already have! These can't be depotted, and I have to think practically. I'm starting to feel that MAC is sucking us in with hype and alluring swirls... Because so many of these MES shades look like dupes for other MES's that keep being re-released. If it's going to look the same on my eye in the end anyways, whats the point!? I'm really trying hard to anti-enable myself.
Think I'm going to set a limit of 2 MSF's, no more than 4 MES's, and 1-2 lip products... We'll see how this goes...
I know that when I get a chance to preview, you better believe I'm bringing in a makeup bag filled with the MES I already have that could be dupes for a straight out, head ot head comparison.

PixieDancer

I know that when I get a chance to preview, you better believe I'm bringing in a makeup bag filled with the MES I already have that could be dupes for a straight out, head ot head comparison.
I just order MES's and MSF's blindly because I love them so much and think they are so awesome to look at... Then, I go to grab one to use and think "This looks so familiar!" I think everyone has shades they graviatate towards, and I just don't need more of the same colors... My collection has outgrown it's storage, so I really need to get more picky! Especially with these larger shadows that can't be depotted. I will anxiously await your reviews and recommenmdation... as always!! Thanks for helping me out with this! I know I can count on an objective enable or anti-enable from you Liba!

PixieDancer

Oh yeah, I will set my limit at no more than 2 MB's... will try REALLY hard to narrow it down to ONE! Especially with all the TC, RS, and HS blushes I have aquired over the last month. And I have all 3 MB's from Naturally, not to mention ALL the OTHER blushes I have!!!... I only have 2 cheeks afterall! HeeHee

Plus, I think if I learn to get REALLY selective with new LE collection choices, I will love the items I DO get even more because they will actually get USED instead of just admired. Leaving more products for others who want them instead of them selling out and sitting in a box unloved with the possibility I will get to them someday! AND my perm products will get their fair share of "face time" too that way!!

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
I just order MES's and MSF's blindly because I love them so much and think they are so awesome to look at... Then, I go to grab one to use and think "This looks so familiar!" I think everyone has shades they graviatate towards, and I just don't need more of the same colors... My collection has outgrown it's storage, so I really need to get more picky! Especially with these larger shadows that can't be depotted. I will anxiously await your reviews and recommenmdation... as always!! Thanks for helping me out with this! I know I can count on an objective enable or anti-enable from you Liba!
I don't have many MES or MSF (not sure what the exact count is right now though
girlhaha.gif
), but I know what you mean! I need to be more picky!

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by Genn
I need you all to keep your lists long so when my husband acts like I have lost my mind, I can keep an innocent face and point to a whole group of people worse than me.
th_wink3.gif

I'll be a great example - I now want ALL the Mineralize Skin Finishes and Blushes and all the Eye Shadows except one and it looks cute, too!

Once he sees that he will appreciate your moderation
yahoo.gif

lilinah

I've been a fan of swirly makeup for quite a while. I have a fair bit from Aziza Colorations - don't remember when they're from - late 80s or early 90s, i think. I have:
-- 4 or 5 swirly lip gloss pots (all rancid now, but they still look pretty)
-- 4 or 5 swirly powder blushes - still wearable
and
-- 7 or 8 swirly powder eyeshadows - still wearable
Wish i had a camera to photo them, they're so pretty - hmmm, i may be able to borrow a friend's...
Of course they are older formulations and DS stuff, so they always tended to be a little bit talc-y. But i am just a sucker for colors.

So this HC collection is really pushing my buy-buy-buy buttons.

romi79_2008

I think Mac mes are ones of the best looking es outthere, at least for me. But I don`t use them, no matter how much I like them, (mes +pigments) i always reach for my palettes. Sure i`ll buy one if it`s really unique, but I rather buy the regular es. The mb blushes though, I like them and I would use them if the staying power would be better, the stay3-4 hrs on me, really disappointing because the colors are so pretty. So I`m down to msfs and lip products

LMD84

YAY! My store manager said they ought to have their Heavenly Creature shipment in in about 2 weeks so I'll get to check everything out then.

Just another little tidbit about the eye shadows. It seems you can break them down into three distinct finishes: one is the usual glittery MES, one is the more flat and matte type (as you could get in Semi Precious ones such as Jade's Fortune and Unsurpassable if you got one with wide veins), and YESSSSSSS one has the same wet sheen as the SP MSFs!! This is rocking my world and probably means I will be stuck buying some shades I honestly already have dupes for, just to get that fantastic texture!
i knew this was going to be an expensive haul for me! argh! i cannot wait to get some swatches and read some reviews!

Haven

This is what I am wondering about too. They certainly look pretty, but when swatched are they going to look like ones we have already seen?

I feel the need too limit myself as well. I calculated my makeup expenditures from the past 30 days, with all of the summer collections being released (MAC, Chanel, NARS, Dior, etc...), and I need to cool it for a while.

Latest posts