MAC In Extra Dimension Collection (April 30, 2015 online / May 7, 2015 in stores)

B

Buffy89

I don't own any ED eyeshadows, what are they like compared to other eyeshadows... Apart from VPs, as I know they must be better than VPs
The formula is really easy to use. I don't have any problems with fallout or blending, they create complex shimmering effects and "depth" so one can skip doing the crease. Just one eyeshadow and some liner, and I'm ready without looking or feeling as if my makeup wasn't properly finished (this often happens to me when I'm using just one eyeshadow because my strong glasses tend to make simple eye makeups look amateur-ish on me, so I usually do rather elaborate looks with crease and highlighting). And used in full eye looks with a darkended crease and as highlight in the inner corner (Ready to Party ist fabulous in the inner corner!), the EDES create the most beautiful eye makeup. I haven't noticed the way they reflect light in any other product.

Marsha Pomells

The formula is really easy to use. I don't have any problems with fallout or blending, they create complex shimmering effects and "depth" so one can skip doing the crease. Just one eyeshadow and some liner, and I'm ready without looking or feeling as if my makeup wasn't properly finished (this often happens to me when I'm using just one eyeshadow because my strong glasses tend to make simple eye makeups look amateur-ish on me, so I usually do rather elaborate looks with crease and highlighting). And used in full eye looks with a darkended crease and as highlight in the inner corner (Ready to Party ist fabulous in the inner corner!), the EDES create the most beautiful eye makeup. I haven't noticed the way they reflect light in any other product.
Thanks Buffy. I'm gonna give one a shot in a couple of weeks, Dark Dare has caught my eye

B

Buffy89

Thanks Buffy. I'm gonna give one a shot in a couple of weeks, Dark Dare has caught my eye
oh I forgot to compare them to any other e/s, but that's just because nothing's like them in my opinion, lol. Using them again in the last couple of days has shown me how subpar the quality of some other products I own is, e.g. my Naked 2 palette (never manage to blend two colors nicely, and I end up with one muddy color on my lid, and get lots of fallout; I really don't know what's wrong there because I guess I'm skilled enough).

BeautyFan55

oh I forgot to compare them to any other e/s, but that's just because nothing's like them in my opinion, lol. Using them again in the last couple of days has shown me how subpar the quality of some other products I own is, e.g. my Naked 2 palette (never manage to blend two colors nicely, and I end up with one muddy color on my lid, and get lots of fallout; I really don't know what's wrong there because I guess I'm skilled enough).
Thanks for your review. I feel more comfortable investing in these, they seem to get rave reviews. I'm a glasses wearer too, so I know how you feel. It can take work sometimes to build dimension around the eye for me. I also agree regarding the Naked palette.

B

Buffy89

Thanks for your review. I feel more comfortable investing in these, they seem to get rave reviews. I'm a glasses wearer too, so I know how you feel. It can take work sometimes to build dimension around the eye for me. I also agree regarding the Naked palette.
You're welcome, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who's got some problems with the Naked palette.
Well, I'm raving too because of the EDES becoming perm
yahoo.gif
I'm always a little too careful with my favorite products (silly fear of makeup loss), so now I can use them all without having to fear running out of them.

DarylandCarole

I'm happy that these are going to be perm. I have several already and I like them, so it's nice to know that I can try a few more when I want. I'm glad that MAC is adding some things to their perm line.

LiliV

I'm so happy they made these permanent! I use my AA ones constantly I love them! Now I don't have to worry about running out lol

BuickMackane

Great to see the EDES made perm. But no Modern Pewter?!?! It's one of my faves. I would have liked to see Young Venus as well because I took my sweet time deciding whether or not to get it and it was gone by the time I made up my mind.

Go on MAC, be a sport and bring back the Mega Metals too
poke.gif
It's been 5 years since Peacocky but my skippers' remorse over Paparazz-she and Centre Stage is still alive and kicking.

montREALady

What's the MAC collection that has the shadow that looks like WOG with a similar name? I thought it was actually called "Gilt" or something. Also extra-dimension...

BuickMackane

What's the MAC collection that has the shadow that looks like WOG with a similar name? I thought it was actually called "Gilt" or something. Also extra-dimension...
I'm not aware of an EDES dupe for WOG, but Sweet Heat EDES is quite close to Superb EDSF.

bluelitzer

Great to see the EDES made perm. But no Modern Pewter?!?! It's one of my faves. I would have liked to see Young Venus as well because I took my sweet time deciding whether or not to get it and it was gone by the time I made up my mind.

Go on MAC, be a sport and bring back the Mega Metals too
poke.gif
It's been 5 years since Peacocky but my skippers' remorse over Paparazz-she and Centre Stage is still alive and kicking.
YES! *laments*

bluelitzer

Was planning to get Stolen Moment, then I discovered I have it in an EDES duo in one of the holiday bag in the Heirloom/Keepsakes Collection last winter.

beauteblogueur

I'm seeing people on Instagram saying the online release has been pushed back to the 7th? Anyone heard anything more concrete?

treasuremymac

Now if only MAC would re-promote and make the EDSFs permanent too then Id say they are definitely on the right track. Im tired of seeing WOG on ebay for $200. Thats just nonsense!
icon_eek.gif

MRV

Great to see the EDES made perm. But no Modern Pewter?!?! It's one of my faves. I would have liked to see Young Venus as well because I took my sweet time deciding whether or not to get it and it was gone by the time I made up my mind. Go on MAC, be a sport and bring back the Mega Metals too :poke:  It's been 5 years since Peacocky but my skippers' remorse over Paparazz-she and Centre Stage is still alive and kicking.
I was wondering about Modern Pewter, too. It's also one of my faves. Still plenty of it left though, even WOG which must be my most used ED. Uh, I should use those Mega Metals!