MAC In Extra Dimension Collection (April 30, 2015 online / May 7, 2015 in stores)

MACina

any colors that are must haves ? i have never tried ED eyeshadows
All of them....sorry, that is probabaly not what you wanted to hear but really!

Of course, you should try one to see if you like the ED texture but if you do you might end up with all of them.

I personally adore all the ED products
heart.gif

Maybe you start with one of the more neutral colors like A Natural Flirt or Sweet Heat.
Both are pretty highlighters for the cheeks too.
Sweet Heat is close to Superb.Not sure if you have this one already.

jennyap

All of them....sorry, that is probabaly not what you wanted to hear but really! Of course, you should try one to see if you like the ED texture but if you do you might end up with all of them. I personally adore all the ED products :heart: Maybe you start with one of the more neutral colors like A Natural Flirt or Sweet Heat. Both are pretty highlighters for the cheeks too. Sweet Heat is close to Superb.Not sure if you have this one already.
What she said!

AnitaK

All of them....sorry, that is probabaly not what you wanted to hear but really!

Of course, you should try one to see if you like the ED texture but if you do you might end up with all of them.

I personally adore all the ED products
heart.gif

Maybe you start with one of the more neutral colors like A Natural Flirt or Sweet Heat.
Both are pretty highlighters for the cheeks too.
Sweet Heat is close to Superb.Not sure if you have this one already.
iagree.gif

lilinah

My local MAC shop is sold out of at least half of the colors now, and it will be several months before a restock if MAC is true to form. I didn't get any in this release because i already have 9 of the colors in this collection - and there were only a couple i was marginally interested in. But I keep testing Grand Galaxy (“dirty mid-tone violet”) every time i go in there - they still have it in stock... maybe i need to get it.

Corally

Hmm.. not sure if I'm gonna get more EDES. Just found out that they're €22,50 ($25) over here. Sorry MAC, but that's just ridiculous imo. The Le Disko eyeshadows are also €23. RIDICULOUS. :finger:

rockin

I agree with MACina, jennyap and AnitaK - once you've tried one EDES, you'll want them all. I just have 2 or 3 to get to complete the set, but since they're permanent I will wait until a month when less LE items appeal to me (well, at least I'll try)

Anneri

Hmm.. not sure if I'm gonna get more EDES. Just found out that they're €22,50 ($25) over here. Sorry MAC, but that's just ridiculous imo. The Le Disko eyeshadows are also €23. RIDICULOUS.
finger.gif
The EDES are 24€ and the Disko ones 25€ over here... *sad*

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Wow! Maybe you can get a friend in the US or something to buy them for you. That is really, really expensive!
25€ is what I paid for a Chanel e/s not too long ago.
sigh.gif
I know every brand is raising their prices, but it just doesn't feel right to spend that much on a MAC e/s.

Anneri

Wow! Maybe you can get a friend in the US or something to buy them for you. That is really, really expensive!

I usually do, especially if items are perm. The problem is the weak euro right now - even if I get them in the US it's not much cheaper. A bit, but not much. I always try to shop at stores that have discounts etc. over here.

Quote: Originally Posted by Buffy89

Again, Mac is coming closer to the Chanel price mark. Shopping definitely was more fun some years ago!
Definitely!

There'll come the time when I'll draw the line. They're already stretching it.

Shars

I usually do, especially if items are perm. The problem is the weak euro right now - even if I get them in the US it's not much cheaper. A bit, but not much. I always try to shop at stores that have discounts etc. over here.

Definitely!

There'll come the time when I'll draw the line. They're already stretching it.
Bummer! Well at least you guys get discounts on MAC from time to time. No such thing in these parts. Do you visit the US? Maybe you can plan a visit to a CCO at some point. Now that they're permanent, I'm sure the EDES will pop up at some of the CCOs! The 30% off will cover the shipping lol.

Misato-san

Here in Italy their price is 22,50 euros.
I really really like them, I picked Grand Galaxy in order to try the formula (I hadn't the chance in previous collections D: ) and... I love it!

MRV

The EDES are 24€ and the Disko ones 25€ over here... *sad*
Here they are 'only' 23 Euros. There are only 3 that I don't have - nor really need. I do have coupons to get 20 Euros off of 100, but I'm waiting for the Fix+, 9 palettes, and the Disco to come and then make up my mind.

Gygy

I already had some EDES : smoky mauve, sweet heat, silver sun, amorous alloy, legendary lure, fathoms deep x 2, lorelei, silver dawn.

Thanks to friends on another forum, I swatched Havana (twice, 1st time I found it boring) and got it!
It is a really pretty and super easy "neutral" brown, not too warm, not too cool, and sooooo smooth, with a bit of shine but not too much. Perfect. This one goes straight in my favortites' MAC Eyeshadows list!
And took A Natural Flirt (I find this one to be different from old/previous version and I like the actual version better ): pretty brow highlight :)

I regret I didn't get Soul serenade in Alluring Aquatic collection... but I'll have Stolen moment "instead" in these permanents (this one eyither I didn't like it when it launched 1st time, but yesterday I swatced it and liked it a lot!).

Same thing with Sea worship: I didn't like it at all when Alluring Aquatic launched, but I swatched it and found it pretty! (I love my greens/kakis/emeralds)

I'll get both soon ;-)

I really think people have a love/hate relationship with the Extra Dimension products. You either love them or hate them. I personally don't care for them, but then I like more of a matte look. I'm always afraid of looking super shiny when I wear these items. They do have the best colors and pigmentation though. I'm so conflicted.

Latest posts