MAC - Lightfully Bright Discussion

euphrosyne_rose

I finally saw someplace that it is not the same color. Bummer. I really wish it was like the original too b/c it was such a pretty color and more unique than the newer one. I saw the collection is up on the site though now.

JennsJewelz

I asked an artist about the Lightful Skincare collection, and she said that it's permanent at Pro Stores and online, but limited edition in regular MAC Stores. I'm so happy - I have a Pro store not too far from me, so I won't have to worry about running out of my lovely skincare line! :) I'm going to have to try the cleanser next, I think...

ElvenEyes

I wish I had read this before placing my order! Maybe I should look into the skin line. At any rate I did just haul the 4 glosses because those pale, otherworldly colours just remind me of the weather right now and might be fun layering over cool pale lippies in the spring! I wish they would add lipsticks to this line and very soft coloured blushes. A girl can dream!!

mac_aiken

I just got my order with 3 of the 4 glosses in it (Ethereal, Astro Cool and Atmospheric). They are so beautiful. I will definitely have to go back and get the 4th one now.

They are so soft and shimmery. Just perfect for layering. They remind me of the lip gelees from Lillyland and Champale. The shimmer in them is so complex and just screams to be layered over other colors to give some dimension.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I'm really glad to see this little collection getting some love. I'm really happy that I nabbed these glosses because, as you point out, the shimmer in them adds a lot of depth and a cooled-down effect I really like.

I just got my order with 3 of the 4 glosses in it (Ethereal, Astro Cool and Atmospheric). They are so beautiful. I will definitely have to go back and get the 4th one now.

They are so soft and shimmery. Just perfect for layering. They remind me of the lip gelees from Lillyland and Champale. The shimmer in them is so complex and just screams to be layered over other colors to give some dimension.

LMD84

I asked an artist about the Lightful Skincare collection, and she said that it's permanent at Pro Stores and online, but limited edition in regular MAC Stores. I'm so happy - I have a Pro store not too far from me, so I won't have to worry about running out of my lovely skincare line! :) I'm going to have to try the cleanser next, I think...
great news for you! :)

katred

Specktra Bestie
FYI, I'm wearing Joie de Vivre Cremeblend blush with Atmospheric on top...
heart.gif
I think these would actually look amazing over products like the CB blushes, lipstain markers, etc., that deposit a bit of colour, but are a bit muted.

singer82

I've never thought too much about skincare. But as I get older I need to start. I'm just not sure bout MAC's skincare. I want to start with something afforable but effective. Should I invest in MAC or try a different skincare? This one sounds promising. I think imma pass on the glosses, I'm going crazy on lippies lately.

LMD84

I've never thought too much about skincare. But as I get older I need to start. I'm just not sure bout MAC's skincare. I want to start with something afforable but effective. Should I invest in MAC or try a different skincare? This one sounds promising. I think imma pass on the glosses, I'm going crazy on lippies lately.
i'm weird and have had a skincare routine since i was about 15 years old! lol! my granny always told me how important it was to take care of my skin. I have tried a variety of brands over the years but the one that i have used the longest is Clarins - i love all of their skin care products! they are slightly pricey but not as expencive as some brands - so they are high end but not at the top. I also like Elemis products but they are quite expencive and the day cream wasn't quite as moisturing as i needed. Maybe you can go to a department store and try and get some samples from brands? But Clarins is my fave!

GlamQueen21

singer82: Clinique has done wonders on my skin! You should try their skincare line! The 3-Step System is what I follow.

Meryl

I've been buying the serum off and on for years. It used to have an irritating ingredient in it and then few years ago, they reformulated and took out that irritating ingredient. It's a nice product and has a fair amount of vitamin C - but of course it won't make the skin lighter, i don't know why they call it that.

The toner, although they call it a Softening Lotion, is nice too.

Meryl

Well, I B2M for Atmospheric and I love it! It's a nice and subtle shimmery cool pink - just what I was looking for!

I thought I'd get the white one too (Outer Space?) but it was boring, less sheer and felt more sticky... so I only got the pink one.

MzzRach

Personally, I don't think it's ever too early to start on good skincare. OK, maybe if you are 5 years old, that would be pushing it. LOL

But seriously, start good, consistent skincare early. Prevention is much easier than correction.
winks.gif

JennsJewelz

LOL, that's just fine by me - I'm definitely pale enough as it is!!! :p I just find it makes my skin feel super soft, and I love the gel formula moisturizer for under makeup and before bedtime :)

Meryl

I think they are trying to elude to lighting skin discoloration, freckles, sun spots/damage. Lots of companies have products that say they lighten discoloration, but only a Hydroquinone will do that and this MAC product of course doesn't have that ingredient in it.

I like this Lightful Serum because I just love serums in general. I find it expensive though, don't you?