MAC - Possible Summer/Fall 2011 Collections!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anitacska

No, I don't buy Mac from eBay much at all. I only picked up a few LE HTF MSFs and sometimes sample items that magazines, etc. were sent, but I always check feedback and other items first, just to see what they're selling as well.

I think buying make up from eBay can be fine if you do your homework first, I have picked up many bargains, there are a lot of genuine sellers out there. Just have to be a bit streetwise that's all. ;)

Alisha1

No, I don't buy Mac from eBay much at all. I only picked up a few LE HTF MSFs and sometimes sample items that magazines, etc. were sent, but I always check feedback and other items first, just to see what they're selling as well.

I think buying make up from eBay can be fine if you do your homework first, I have picked up many bargains, there are a lot of genuine sellers out there. Just have to be a bit streetwise that's all. ;)

Some items listed are so obviously fake its unbelievable! The amount of times i've searched for MAC and a set of 50 brushes pop up for a ridiculous price
WTF2.gif

I feel bad for the people that fall for it though and I hate that at the end of the day some low life is making a quick profit

LMD84

oh yeah, pigments and brushes are the worst items that are faked on ebay. some look so freaking bad!!

kiss

I aways try to report fakes when I see them. Although I doubt ebay gives a shit. I find it funny how they make up a whole collection themselves.

Alisha1

I aways try to report fakes when I see them. Although I doubt ebay gives a shit. I find it funny how they make up a whole collection themselves.
lol I know and there always 'MAC' palettes with like a zillion different eyeshadows in it
WTF2.gif
!

spunky

ebay don't care, as long as they're getting their listing fee.

i will always remember my absolute favourite fake mac item - a "fafi" liquid eyeliner in an Anna Sui "Dollygirl" ripoff bottle. what the actual?!

BeckyBenett

ebay don't care, as long as they're getting their listing fee.

i will always remember my absolute favourite fake mac item - a "fafi" liquid eyeliner in an Anna Sui "Dollygirl" ripoff bottle. what the actual?!

hah thats just plain ridiculous.. at least then we knw no one will actually buy that.. hopefully at least..

katred

Specktra Bestie
hah thats just plain ridiculous.. at least then we knw no one will actually buy that.. hopefully at least..
Instances like that are why I always want the ability to post warnings! I think that eBay does eventually crack down on those who sell fakes, but then the same people just set up shop under another name...

There are definitely good people to buy from and doubtless they suffer more from the purveyors of fakes.

LMD84

oh yeah there are a couple of good sellers. but for the most part i have been put right off ebay :(

spunky

i wish i had either saved the photo or could find it again! it was proper ridiculous
girlhaha.gif

i also wish people would do their research before buying on ebay. saves so much trouble for them; and if they did the counterfeiters would move on to faking something else - it's all about making money after all.

LMD84

i wish i had either saved the photo or could find it again! it was proper ridiculous
girlhaha.gif

i also wish people would do their research before buying on ebay. saves so much trouble for them; and if they did the counterfeiters would move on to faking something else - it's all about making money after all.
yeah that is true. sometimes there is no excuse for buying something that was never made in the first place!

i wish mac would hurry up and give us more infomation. i'm getting antsy!

spunky

why would you buy something that is so obviously fake, AND PUT IT ON YOUR EYES?!
poke.gif
are you wanting to go blind?!

me too. i still don't understand the total lack of info on their part. it just makes me more likely to buy another brand's product because i have that information. silly mac!

LMD84

why would you buy something that is so obviously fake, AND PUT IT ON YOUR EYES?!
poke.gif
are you wanting to go blind?!
me too. i still don't understand the total lack of info on their part. it just makes me more likely to buy another brand's product because i have that information. silly mac!
yeah this is very true!

Shypo

I think the idea of a repromote wanted list is a great one! Parrot would be at the top of my list......Queen's Sin......maybe Metal Rock. I've been collecting for a long time - I need to go shop my stash!!

I just saw a few of the items mentioned above at my CCO (Flower Mist Dew, Perfect Topping, Creme de Menthe) - so there's hope!

User38

^^ Spunky.. it is totally about money. That is why there is so much secrecy now .. the pirates who make cosmetics very cheaply are very ready willing and able to just pop out the most phenomenal junk in a similar colouring and packaging.. it's awful really. And, if you saw what was in the ingredients you might have a heart attack instead of an eye infection.

C! lots of things are up for repromotes this year.. hopefully they will go thru with the Mac Me Over repromotes as planned for end of year.. I love the products that have long gone and are missed and as yet to be introduced to the youngins..lol

Shypo

Thanks for the tip, HG! My thumb isn't working again.....if I want to export a wiki, it's working just fine.
wacko.gif

I would also put Groovy Move l/s on my list......

Excited to see what might be in store for us with MAC Me Over!!!
pompom.gif

LMD84

Mac me over sounds like it will be awesome.... but if it doesn't include queens sin i might have to kick off!
poke.gif
when do you think this collection will make an appearance HG?

spunky

^^ Spunky.. it is totally about money. That is why there is so much secrecy now .. the pirates who make cosmetics very cheaply are very ready willing and able to just pop out the most phenomenal junk in a similar colouring and packaging.. it's awful really. And, if you saw what was in the ingredients you might have a heart attack instead of an eye infection.

C! lots of things are up for repromotes this year.. hopefully they will go thru with the Mac Me Over repromotes as planned for end of year.. I love the products that have long gone and are missed and as yet to be introduced to the youngins..lol

ahh, that makes total sense.

so could this be the big fall collection? or are we getting something even more spectacular [i almost typed specktracular. think i need help!]

LMD84

ahh, that makes total sense.

so could this be the big fall collection? or are we getting something even more spectacular [i almost typed specktracular. think i need help!]
oh yeah this would make an amazing fall collection! not to mention usually nick buys me stuff for my birthday from that collection!

Status
Not open for further replies.