MAC - Possible Summer/Fall 2011 Collections!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OctoberViolet

This is very true. I do have Russian Red which I believe is a matte l/s. I love it! It's not dry at all. I just recently bought Sin and that
one seems more drying the RR. I hope that MAC can adjust the formulas to their matte lipsticks so that they arent's as drying. Maybe
a more creamier formula will be in the near future.

matte lipsticks tend to be very drying. although recently they haven't been so bad :)

katred

Specktra Bestie
pompom.gif
I knew this look would work on you! Don't worry- others will be just as impressed with the contrast of dark lips and fair skin as you are. It's great look for a night out, if you want to try it that way.

I had to try dark lips today. I bought Kittenish with Fabulous Felines, but never wore it. I tried it over Cherry lipliner and OMG
drools.gif
It's a gorgeous deep bloodred. I love it! Now i only need the confidence to wear it outside. But you guys were right dark lips and my superfair skin work great together!

martiangurll

Aha! Good catch! If that's the case, it's a permanent matte colour at Pro stores. I've held off getting it thus far because it seems awfully close to (just a shade bluer than) Sin, but it is right up my alley. It's like a matte version of Cyber.
I'd actually like a more blackened red version of Sin, but then that would probably be Underworld? I think Mystic is as dark as I can really safely go in that area. I do wear Cyber from time to time, but I sheer it out some. That's when I really do look a bit like an aenemic vampyre. muuhahahahaha

erine1881

[quote name="spunky" url="/forum/thread/173693/mac-possible-summer-fall-2011-collections/30#post_2087632"]if they're doing a repromotes collection, my wishlist would have to be:

Queen's Sin l/s
Black Knight l/s [and jet!!]
Blast O' Blue l/s
Hollywood Nights l/s

Firespot e/s
Top Hat e/s
Amethyst e/s
Night Owl e/s
de Menthe e/s
and a few more from palettes/quads.

Tippy Blush
Shimmersweet Blush
Afterdusk Blush

Lightscapade MSF
New Vegas MSF

sure they're all from the last 5 years or so, but so what! it's a long time to wait for a queen's sin back up!
[/quote] I totally agree with you on firespot, night owl, and afterdusk! [quote name="katred" url="/forum/thread/173693/mac-possible-summer-fall-2011-collections/30#post_2088000"]

It's tough, because I always want new things, but at the same time, there are so many things that Mac has done in the past that warrant a return. Quite a ways back (at least 6 years, maybe more) they did a quad called Free to Be. The colour of the same name in the quad had nothing to do with the FTB that's part of the line now. It was a gorgeous greyish green, kind of a sea green but very muted. I believe they said it was a satin, but it looks more like a matte. I've never seen them do anything that's been really close to that colour. I don't even know how they could bring it back at this point, seeing as they gave its name to someone else.

Lightscapade is, well, I'm very happy that I bought mine originally and I even paid a fairly hefty price for a replacement, because it's the only MSF I've managed to go through entirely. Would love to see it come back.

Plus Jet, of course.

I kind of wish that Mac would do something on line like NARS and Lush have done- have a "retro" section where you can order older products that aren't carried in stores any more, but that still have a loyal audience. Because I know when something really cool is re-released, I'll get caught up in the "stay up all night and buy it at 2 in the morning" hype, because I'm scared of losing out...

Life as a MU addict can be hard...
heat.gif

[/quote] I have that quad!

katred

Specktra Bestie
^ Hey Erine!!! We missed you!!! Nice to see you back.
bouquet.gif

If you can find Charred Red, that is exactly the colour you're describing. Underworld is actually a bit lighter and browner...

Life long anemic vampire lady at your service!

Pinkdollface

Welcome back Erine!

It might be perfect for a night out, but then i will have to wait a month or more. I'm busy with my study. Two weeks from now i have two exams and one is really really difficult. I think i better not go out now. I think i will wear this lippie a couple of times inside the house and then i will wear it when i go shopping at my mac counter
th_thstars.gif
I really love the contrast of this lippie against my skin. I might get addicted to dark lips
sneaky.gif

martiangurll

We are all so far off track I had to check to see what thread this is supposed to be with our talk of anemic vampires and sexy albinos. But I could really get behind a collection of matte lipsticks. Esp. in darker colors for Fall.

Is charred red a pro color? I may have to look that one up and now I think I may have to give Underworld a try, esp. if its a Satin or a matte. I'd love to see a real smoky purple Matte color for Fall. That would be niiiiice. And a quad with some matte2 finish eyeshadows in autumn colors--like muted green, mustard yellow, eggplant and rusty browns.

User38

martiangurl.. we will be getting lovely matte ls for sure.

since the texture is lighter.. they are far easier to apply and wear.

martiangurll

^^^^^^^^^

Once you go matte you will be spoiled for all other lip finishes. Okay, that's a lie, cuz I still love the Satin and the occasional Glaze. Then of course, there's Dazzle--wonder if any of those are coming down the pike???

Very happy to hear we will get some mattes for fall. Yay!

LMD84

^^^^^^^^^

Once you go matte you will be spoiled for all other lip finishes. Okay, that's a lie, cuz I still love the Satin and the occasional Glaze. Then of course, there's Dazzle--wonder if any of those are coming down the pike???

Very happy to hear we will get some mattes for fall. Yay!
oh yeah they should do more dazzle lippies! i quite like the couple that i have! i didnt buy them on release... took me months to actually buy a couple!

katred

Specktra Bestie
oh yeah they should do more dazzle lippies! i quite like the couple that i have! i didnt buy them on release... took me months to actually buy a couple!
I remember one of my MAs telling me that if they did well, they'd become permanent. I quite liked them and I got a few. I still think that Liquid Lurex is an amazing colour. I thought a couple of them deserved to stick around for sure (although a couple of them are still around on the Canadian web site). I was still hoping for a really vampy one- black base with dark red and purple glitter...

BeckyBenett

I remember one of my MAs telling me that if they did well, they'd become permanent. I quite liked them and I got a few. I still think that Liquid Lurex is an amazing colour. I thought a couple of them deserved to stick around for sure (although a couple of them are still around on the Canadian web site). I was still hoping for a really vampy one- black base with dark red and purple glitter...
oh pray tell what are dazzle lippies, obi-wan? which collection was this from? sigh. im so sad that i missed out on so many of the collections..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts