MAC Prep + Prime Fix + Extension (Summer 2015)

MACerette

I hope so too, but I wouldn't hold my breath just yet. The term extension to me implies that it could be perm. Hower, it wouldn't be the first time false info was given to me (or many fellow specktrites here for that matter) . Mac's employees motto seems to be:doesn't matter what you say as long as you say it with confidence. Let's just hope he was right...

Ayanna

How does the MUFE Mist & Fix compare to Fix +? Thinking about trying it, but it would be more expensive for me and harder to get.
For me, the MUFE is a true setting spray whereas Fix+ doesn't really keep my makeup locked in all day. I use both in my pro kit …. I spray Fix + on my flat top kabuki before buffing in liquid foundation (it makes foundation look like a second skin!) then I set the face w/ MUFE.

Ayanna

I'm very particular when it comes to coconut scented things so I will definitely have to try it out before making my purchase. That being said, cucumber scent is almost impossible to screw up. I might just buy 2 cucumber Fix+ the instant they go live online!

jennyap

This is the collection blurb - bold mine - so unless they've changed their mind (always possible with MAC of course!) they are LE:

Quote: Prep + Prime Fix+ takes on a delicious new twist with the introduction of five limited-edition invigorating aromas including romantic Rose, calming Lavender, energizing Yuzu, cooling Cucumber and creamy Coconut. Benefits consist of vitamins and minerals to give skin an instant boost of moisture, an infusion of green tea, chamomile and cucumber to soothe, and a lightweight formula that helps your complexion look refreshed and finished.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
For me, the MUFE is a true setting spray whereas Fix+ doesn't really keep my makeup locked in all day. I use both in my pro kit …. I spray Fix + on my flat top kabuki before buffing in liquid foundation (it makes foundation look like a second skin!) then I set the face w/ MUFE.
Thank you! That's very helpful. I'm sticking to Fix + for now.

bluelitzer

Yuzu
th_e2cloud9.gif

Considering coconut...as long as they smell like fresh creamy coconut
heart.gif
and not toasted coconut
drinkup.gif
no offense to those who like the smell of toasted coconuts, just not my thing.

MACerette

That's what I was thinking.

Thank you! That's very helpful. I'm sticking to Fix + for now.
I know, right... Le sigh. Not in the mood for ranting about MAC and the info it provides. Went to MUFE last week. Bit steeper than MAC but I reckon no such hassle... Too bad they use perfume in a lot of their products. Products such as fix+ aside, I really want to limit the amount of perfume I put on my face.

Mac-Guy

That's what I am afraid of but I suspect you are right...
cry.gif
(P.s: I sent this batch of B2M empties to the US since my cp was going to send me something form W&D anyways, so for now I am set ;) . Thanks again though
thmbup.gif
)

I know, right... Le sigh. Not in the mood for ranting about MAC and the info it provides. Went to MUFE last week. Bit steeper than MAC but I reckon no such hassle... Too bad they use perfume in a lot of their products. Products such as fix+ aside, I really want to limit the amount of perfume I put on my face.
That's the main reason why I will most likely skip this collection.

Sweetyellow

Honestly, I don't think I'll be getting any of these because I'm somewhat sensitive to fragrances. I have one bottle of the original Fix+ and there are times I wish it was unscented so I don't know about these.
noworry.gif

latoyamo83

Are these still launching tomorrow? I am going back up to my counter to see if their shipment even came in for next weeks store/counter release. Hopefully so....because I need some coconut lol

montREALady

I'm not in the market for $22 water right now.
girlhaha.gif
I just bought the little Smashbox Primer Water and I still have a bottle of the regular Fix + that I bought a month or two ago, I think I'm good.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
^^ In case anyone is interested in purchasing the Smashbox Primer Water, apparently it has the exact same ingredients as MAC's Mineralized Charged Water - they're just listed in slightly different order - so you could save yourself some money.

Smashbox:
Water\Aqua\Eau, Butylene Glycol, Caffeine, Magnesium Chloride, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Nitrate , Potassium Phosphate, Polysorbate 80, Diamond Powder, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Linalool, Citral , Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate.

MAC:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Caffeine, Diamond Powder, Polysorbate 80, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Phosphate, Fragrance, Linalool, Citral, Limonene, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol

(source: paulaschoice.com)