MAC Prep + Prime Fix + Extension (Summer 2015)

clare0325

Lavender is actually fantastic for the skin :) it helps balance sebum production and calms the skin. [I used to work at LUSH and their skincare with lavender is amazing - see: Angels on Bare Skin and Eau Roma Water) Honestly, if anyone is interested in the Rose or Lavender, but not in love with Fix+, the price, or the LE aspect, check out LUSH's Eau Roma Water, it's very simple ingredients, essentially lavender and rose water. It doesn't set makeup (but neither does Fix+ really lol) but it's refreshing, cooling, calms redness, and won't disturb makeup if sprayed on top.

Erica53094

Lavender is actually fantastic for the skin :) it helps balance sebum production and calms the skin. [I used to work at LUSH and their skincare with lavender is amazing - see: Angels on Bare Skin and Eau Roma Water) Honestly, if anyone is interested in the Rose or Lavender, but not in love with Fix+, the price, or the LE aspect, check out LUSH's Eau Roma Water, it's very simple ingredients, essentially lavender and rose water. It doesn't set makeup (but neither does Fix+ really lol) but it's refreshing, cooling, calms redness, and won't disturb makeup if sprayed on top.
[quote n etc.ame="cl slare0325" url="/t/191229/mac-prep-prime-fix-extension-summer-2015/60_60#post_2969844"]Lavender is actually fantastic for the skin :) it helps balance sebum production and calms the skin. Actually it is a skin irritant.Inflames skin and causes more oil production. But we'll have to agree to disagree. All I know ridding my skin of lavender, peppermint, rose, citrus etc my skin cleared up and oil is in control. Fragrant plant oils contributed to that. Js. I will smell lavender not wear it sorry.

clare0325

I absolutely agree that putting lavender oil or anything that potent directly on the face is not a good idea - major irritants. I avoid putting that straight on my skin, not even as a fragrance! I'm sorry they've had an irritating effect on you, skin reactions are the worst I hate added fragrance, if perfume is listed as an ingredient in a face product I'm typically out! My skin is too sensitive for that. I'll use products where they have been processed into much less concentrated forms - like the rose/lavender water I mentioned, where, in the process of extracting the oils from roses and lavender, the resulting condensation is then taken and diluted.

Erica53094

I'll use products where they have been processed into much less concentrated forms - like the rose/lavender water I mentioned, where, in the process of extracting the oils from roses and lavender, the resulting condensation is then taken and diluted.
Considering I finally figured out the key to clearing up acne, acne being a predominantly a skin inflammatory issue, and I'm in my ahem 30s, I take no risks haha. I love a lavender candle. I'll grow roses too since they are my favorite flower:) Only "natural" ingredients I'll use is like aloe or tea tree:)

MACina

Why thank you Dolly. I did not see that. But to confirm... their shipment came in and I am on my way to smell some of them.
pompom.gif
....can' t wait to hear your thoughts on them!

montREALady

^^ In case anyone is interested in purchasing the Smashbox Primer Water, apparently it has the exact same ingredients as MAC's Mineralized Charged Water - they're just listed in slightly different order - so you could save yourself some money.

Smashbox:
Water\Aqua\Eau, Butylene Glycol, Caffeine, Magnesium Chloride, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Nitrate , Potassium Phosphate, Polysorbate 80, Diamond Powder, Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Linalool, Citral , Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate.

MAC:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Caffeine, Diamond Powder, Polysorbate 80, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Phosphate, Fragrance, Linalool, Citral, Limonene, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol

(source: paulaschoice.com)
Good to know!!! Thanks!! I don't even know what to make of the Primer Water, not sure that it does anything. Definitely doesn't set my makeup like my Avon setting spray. The actual spray is not very refreshing, it's more of a shot in the face. Maybe it's the one I got or the fact that it's not the full size and nozzle because I've spritzed it many times before in stores.

montREALady

Does anyone know if this will be available in Nordstrom?
I asked their beauty chat and they said around the 18th of this month for both online and in store...I can't:

Sierra D: Hello!
Sierra D: Yes we sure are! we are expected them to launch around 6/18, please keep in mind this date is tentative and subject to change
Me: hi
Me: in stores or online?
Sierra D: both! Typically it will launch online first then a few days later in stores
Me: the 18th is what date though?
Sierra D: Thursday.
Sierra D: 6/18/2015
Me: yes but for online then
Me: i'm asking if the 18th is the projected online or store date
Sierra D: it will be around this date both online and in store
Me: uhh, ok

lyseD

I went to my counter today and they said the original release was today but they didn't get any. She thought they were releasing the 18th of June.

MissLiLaC

Loooove Angels on Bare Skin So gentle but really cleansing~~ I noticed it has balanced out my combi skin (oily T zone, dry everywhere else)

KiKi Kontour

Good to know!!! Thanks!! I don't even know what to make of the Primer Water, not sure that it does anything. Definitely doesn't set my makeup like my Avon setting spray. The actual spray is not very refreshing, it's more of a shot in the face. Maybe it's the one I got or the fact that it's not the full size and nozzle because I've spritzed it many times before in stores.
i prefer the charged water over fix plus so maybe thats why i like smashbox so much lol. i do notice it does moooore than the mac tho yet i cant seem to put my finger on it. i spritz before, during and after application but nothing has been able to set like REALLY set my face like MUFE and UD is closely 2nd!! fix plus is merely a gimmick of a refresher that i tend to fall for at times lol.

Prettypackages

thanks. I might check this out today

AnastasiaRuth

I think more people use it as a primer or refresher. I've seen some videos were they'd use the Smashbox on one side & charged water on the other (before makeup).. Smashbox lasted longer.

I don't use either because the fragrance is too strong for me.

MzBrownBeauty

I asked their beauty chat and they said around the 18th of this month for both online and in store...I can't:

Sierra D: Hello!
Sierra D: Yes we sure are! we are expected them to launch around 6/18, please keep in mind this date is tentative and subject to change
Me: hi
Me: in stores or online?
Sierra D: both! Typically it will launch online first then a few days later in stores
Me: the 18th is what date though?
Sierra D: Thursday.
Sierra D: 6/18/2015
Me: yes but for online then
Me: i'm asking if the 18th is the projected online or store date
Sierra D: it will be around this date both online and in store
Me: uhh, ok

Geez.....they are oh so helpful! But I seriously feel like they've been told to be as evasive as possible....smh.
bangdesk.gif

MzBrownBeauty

I'm not in the market for $22 water right now.
girlhaha.gif
I just bought the little Smashbox Primer Water and I still have a bottle of the regular Fix + that I bought a month or two ago, I think I'm good.

After I finished my bottle of Fix + I bought organic rosewater and then I purchased two bottles of Evian spray both work just as good. Fix + doesn't set my makeup so I just used it for my brushes and to take away that powdery makeup look. I've purchased the Avon setting spray twice & I really like it even better than UD.