MAC Pret a Papier Discussion

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambie_mac
So I used coral crepe today... paired it with dear cupcake on top, an MUFE color called anthracite (dark matte grey) on the outer V, and some MUFE #92 on the bottom lash line. Finished it off with Boot black liquid liner and some mascara. Loved this look! I'm going to try it out again tomorrow so I can really perfect it!

this sounds very pretty!
smiles.gif

Junkie

Decided to chance the paint pot on the eyes today despite my oilyness and the hot weather. I did Coral Crepe on the entire lid today followed by Melon p/m in the inner corner and Goldenaire p/m above the crease. Finished off with Plum Dressing in the crease and Fig 1 on the lower lashline smudged as liner. Finished off with some Lash Stiletto. Super hot outside today and it looked nice and stayed put.

I really wanna add Firecracker from TTB with Coral Crepe...I bet it'll look awesome.

Notorious19

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
I'm thinking about Dressmaker, Dressmaker and pairing it with Fold and Tuck, but I don't always layer lip products like that. I'm wondering if DD will show up on my lips at all.

I actually liked Dressmaker, Dressmaker on our skin tone. I tried it on at the counter with Fold and Tuck and fell in love. You should try it and see how you like it.

marajode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambie_mac
So I used coral crepe today... paired it with dear cupcake on top, an MUFE color called anthracite (dark matte grey) on the outer V, and some MUFE #92 on the bottom lash line. Finished it off with Boot black liquid liner and some mascara. Loved this look! I'm going to try it out again tomorrow so I can really perfect it!

I looove Dear Cupcake over coral crepe, with a purple (like from the purple spring color forecast quad, bruised plum) in crease.
easy easy to wear!

BubbleWrap

I don't know if anyone has tried this, and I really can't be bothered flicking through the many many pages of this thread to check, but has anyone tried the coral crepe paint pot as a blush? I went into the mac store and the lovely MUA there used it on me and it is AMAZING. I had to have it! Try it out as a blush if you haven't already!

ILoveMakeup84

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleWrap
I don't know if anyone has tried this, and I really can't be bothered flicking through the many many pages of this thread to check, but has anyone tried the coral crepe paint pot as a blush? I went into the mac store and the lovely MUA there used it on me and it is AMAZING. I had to have it! Try it out as a blush if you haven't already!

Thats on my to do list! I LOVE this p/p! its so versatile!
greengrin.gif

nunu

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246
Is it going up for swap/sale? I'm still thinking of getting it.
tong.gif

I'm not sure yet, i want to make it work for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutemiauw
Oh no
ssad.gif
. On me, I found out that I didn't like it when I wear certain blush (Gilda). It made my face looked too bright. That's just me though, I know you are way more experienced than I am
yes.gif

Yes, it just looks wrong on me, or maybe i'm not used to wearing these kind of colours on me..i don't know i really thought corals would flatter my skin tone
ssad.gif

peachsuns

When I swatched Coral Crepe at the store, it was very pretty. But I didn't buy it because I rarely use my one and only p/p, Perky. Am I missing a lot? Am I silly? Maybe I should start using it.
sigh.gif
cutey.gif

StarrySim

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsuns
When I swatched Coral Crepe at the store, it was very pretty. But I didn't buy it because I rarely use my one and only p/p, Perky. Am I missing a lot? Am I silly? Maybe I should start using it.
sigh.gif
cutey.gif

Definitely pass on it if you have perky. The may not be the closes dupes, but if you don't use Perky, you won't use CC much either.

StarrySim

Ok, here's the deal. I was really lemming Fold & Tuck, but not sure it would look good on me. So far I've refused to try on lip product testers. How do you guys try on l/g?

monter

^ the testers are sanitary, so i wouldn't worry. just go in and try it on? i'm not really sure how else you can try it on without using a tester.

i can maybe see being worried about lipstick testers, since those are open all the time, but since glosses are closed, those are probably the safest things to test.

peachsuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySim
Definitely pass on it if you have perky. The may not be the closes dupes, but if you don't use Perky, you won't use CC much either.

Very wise advice. Thank you!
winkiss.gif

peachsuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by monter
^ the testers are sanitary, so i wouldn't worry. just go in and try it on? i'm not really sure how else you can try it on without using a tester.

i can maybe see being worried about lipstick testers, since those are open all the time, but since glosses are closed, those are probably the safest things to test.

iagree.gif
Ask for a wand, and it should be OK. I've seen some casual customers trying the lipstick testers on their lips without asking MAs. Yeah, I know, it's very scary!
wtff.gif
So, compared to that, I think the glosses are safer.
tong.gif

dreamer246

I try on testers all the time too.

I once saw a woman painting all her fingernails and toenails with one of the nail lacquer testers. Disgusting.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246
I try on testers all the time too.

I once saw a woman painting all her fingernails and toenails with one of the nail lacquer testers. Disgusting.

eeeeewwww - fair enough perhaps testing it on one finger... but just painting your toes and stuff too? yucky!

Lambie_mac

^^ Ewww. That's terrible! Yuck!

Once I saw this lady grab the lipstick from the display, and proceed to paint her lips alllll around with it. I swear she missed her lips and went straight for the skin surrounding them! She looked nuts. After that she grabbed about 5 more, one after the other. Trying them all on. Never ONCE did she dip them in the alcohol to sanitize! Before, or after! Ugh.

Need less to say I only swatch them on the back of my hand. Even then I'm all paranoid about germs afterwards. lol. I do wash my hands though first chance I get! And I always carry my own sanitizer
winks.gif

vintageroses

^^ eww.germs galore!
cutey.gif
Well the MUA in Aus usually helps us to sanitize if we request, which is good. MAC is probably the only place i try lippies on my lips!
smiles.gif

Face2Mac

Coral Crepe is fabulous, combine it with Hey(which makes Hey peachier) & Mythology , so pretty. I am obsessed with Coral Crepe. I've never met a paintpot that I didn't like, so bring more.

Dressmaker was too light on my skin, too opaque or something but Made to Order is divine.

Karen_B

Yep, this is still my fave collection this year I think (but then I skipped lots of the spring ones due to lack of funds). To The Beach is nice and all but Pret a Papier is waaaaay better!

LMD84

ok so i was mesisng about with coral crepe yesterday... don't use it on the lips! i thought it'd make a pretty lip colour... but when i applied it, it was so dry and patchy it was horrid looking! perhaps it's not lips safe anyways... but thought i'd experiment.