MAC Riveting Discussion

stickles

I tried on True Babe and Show Orchid on last night, and I thought that True Babe reminded me a LOT of the permanent shade Pink Poodle. Show Orchid was super-bright and would be the kind of shade I could only wear once a year in the evening, otherwise very pretty.

Studded however, love! (even if it reminds me a little of OPI's Suede collection)

Miss QQ

I went to my regular counter and was disappointed that the lippies are still not available for purchase! The MA said that there was a mistake with the price tag and although the stocks have arrived, they cannot sell them.
ssad.gif

dreamer246

I bought Black Enough? and Studded today! My first ever matte nailpolishes.
greengrin.gif

I have mixed feelings about the taupe nail polish though. One minute I love it, and the next I hate it. Haha. But I gotta admit it's a very unique color!

Wasn't too keen on how Riveting l/s looked on me, but Metal Maven looks pretty. Riveting + Metal Maven looks good together too.

wizzer3245

Winnie what do you think of Studded? I loveee the look of it but i don't know if it's worth the hassle of trying to find it

dreamer246

Do you need a CP from me? It kinda looks like an OPI suede finish, other than that I think there's nothing much to describe about it. It's just a silver nail polish with a matte finish! It's pretty, but if you don't do silver nails, just skip it.

wizzer3245

I think it's pretty but i'm not sure if it's worth it. So seeing as i'm not certain i guess i'll just skip it. Thanks Winnie
smiles.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageroses
It's another online exclusive in Aus!
ssad.gif
urgh! so i'm going to just skip it!

at least you guys got it online! in the uk it was in a special department store where i think there are only 3 in the whole country! sucks big time!

wizzer3245

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
at least you guys got it online! in the uk it was in a special department store where i think there are only 3 in the whole country! sucks big time!

I live nooo where near selfridges it sucks

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzer3245
I live nooo where near selfridges it sucks

Same. I did a phone order last week though and it arrived the next day, but I got two Rock Outs instead of one and a True Babe. Still trying to sort that out, stupid bank holiday post!

LisaOrestea

The sun has come out in England
greengrin.gif
(yay)
so I have been braving show orchid today. I love how this lipstick looks with a little bit of reflects transparent turquoise glitter tapped over it
greengrin.gif

Miss QQ

Finally got my hands on Show Orchid and True Babe!
th_DANCE.gif

Those of you who have both SO and Petals & Peacocks, which is brighter? Initially I thought that SO is brighter but I'm beginning to think otherwise.
th_dunno.gif
Annieytown from Blogdorf Goodman describes:
Petals and Peacocks is a creamy, ultra bright magenta pink(amplified formula). Brighter and more intense than MAC 's Show Orchid.
I think she might be right.

I haven't worn SO yet except once at the counter. Can't wait to wear it to work. I think it is office friendly.
winks.gif

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
Finally got my hands on Show Orchid and True Babe!
th_DANCE.gif

Those of you who have both SO and Petals & Peacocks, which is brighter? Initially I thought that SO is brighter but I'm beginning to think otherwise.

I can't quite say which is brighter. They are slightly different since SO has a fuschia sheen to it while P&P is a solid hot pink. For some reason P&P dried my lips out. I definitely love SO. It's a more interesting color that brightens up my face.

Have yet to wear True Babe. I only wore riveting once. What a waste.

PinkBasset

True Babe is gorgeous!
drools.gif
It made me look so fresh and alive, all brightened up! I love that it has no shimmer - I think there is no other lipglass like this one. The colour is just right for me, it's not neon nor it is fuchsia/magenta. It's clean true hot pink!