MAC Riveting Discussion

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
Finally got my hands on Show Orchid and True Babe!
th_DANCE.gif

Those of you who have both SO and Petals & Peacocks, which is brighter? Initially I thought that SO is brighter but I'm beginning to think otherwise.
th_dunno.gif
Annieytown from Blogdorf Goodman describes:
Petals and Peacocks is a creamy, ultra bright magenta pink(amplified formula). Brighter and more intense than MAC 's Show Orchid.
I think she might be right.

I haven't worn SO yet except once at the counter. Can't wait to wear it to work. I think it is office friendly.
winks.gif

I think P&P might be a little more blue-toned. Since we didn't get Riveting here at all, I will check Show Orchid out the next time I'm in Brussels or somewhere else that has a PRO store. Meanwhile I'll get P&P on thursday!
th_DANCE.gif

Miss QQ

^^ Great! P&P is purple magenta on me.
yes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
True Babe is gorgeous!
drools.gif
It made me look so fresh and alive, all brightened up! I love that it has no shimmer - I think there is no other lipglass like this one. The colour is just right for me, it's not neon nor it is fuchsia/magenta. It's clean true hot pink!

After reading this I have an impulse to put on TB now. I'm at home on a Sunday night watching telly.
lol.gif

LMD84

Quote:
^^ Great! P&P is purple magenta on me.
yes.gif

After reading this I have an impulse to put on TB now. I'm at home on a Sunday night watching telly.
lol.gif

i know! i'm wanting it now too and it'snot even released in the uk! must stamp on those lemmings!
tong.gif

Miss QQ

th_roll1.gif
I need an excuse to go out so that I can put on the gloss. Maybe you can put on another hot pink gloss while waiting for it to be released.

PinkBasset

Quote:
th_roll1.gif
I need an excuse to go out so that I can put on the gloss. Maybe you can put on another hot pink gloss while waiting for it to be released.

Put on the gloss and well - take out trashes or something?
th_LMAO.gif
And look fierce while doing it!
greengrin.gif

InspiredBlue

Is there any chance that Show Orchid might still be available in regular freestanding stores in the US? Since it's still available online, I'm thinking that maybe it wasn't hugely popular?

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
Is there any chance that Show Orchid might still be available in regular freestanding stores in the US? Since it's still available online, I'm thinking that maybe it wasn't hugely popular?

isn't it a pro colour??? or am i confused?

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
isn't it a pro colour??? or am i confused?

Yes it is, but it was promoted with Riveting. So that would mean that there was a limited amount released to regular stores, counters and the non pro site, right?

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
*still haven't tried Show Orchid l/s after owning it for 6 months!*

TRY IT!
lol.gif
I bet that it would look great on you!!

LMD84

Quote:
Yes it is, but it was promoted with Riveting. So that would mean that there was a limited amount released to regular stores, counters and the non pro site, right?

true. but if it's pro you could always call pro and get them to send you one via mail order. which is always good!
smiles.gif

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
true. but if it's pro you could always call pro and get them to send you one via mail order. which is always good!
smiles.gif

Can we do that in Europe? Because my closest Pro is in... Germany I'm guessing? I don't feel so sure about that.

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesAFoxyLady
So sad this didn't come to the UK, I wanted that fuschia blush so much
ssad.gif

The fuschia blush is a perm pro item. You can always call the Pro store and have it shipped to you.
smiles.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Can we do that in Europe? Because my closest Pro is in... Germany I'm guessing? I don't feel so sure about that.

ah perhaps not then. but maybe it is worth a try?

InspiredBlue

Nah, I'm not that desperate (at least not at the moment
greengrin.gif
). I'll make due with Petals & Peacocks for now. I should end up in London, Paris or Rome sooner or later, so I'll try and hold out until then.
winks.gif

MzzRach

Wearing True Babe lipglass today. I absolutely love this lipglass! Who knew that I would ever be into hot pink lips?

th_e2cloud9.gif

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
Wearing True Babe lipglass today. I absolutely love this lipglass! Who knew that I would ever be into hot pink lips?

th_e2cloud9.gif

I would wear mine everyday if my office was less conservative.

jazm1n3s

I don't know if anyone have seen or mentioned this, but NYX Dolly Pink is a dead-on dupe for True Babe lipglass. Here's the link of the comparison. They both look very similar!

Beauty Is Not Caused: Attention! Dupe alert!

It's great because i've been wanting True Babe, but i know it's not something i will wear often. Paying $3.99 for it, however, is justifiable
smiles.gif