MAC - Shop Shop Shop / Cook Cook Cook discussion

elegant-one

sigh.gif
oh brother

Mac-Guy

Well after the drama of my Dish it Up being out for delivery last week then ending back at the warehouse, it was delivered today but when I pulled it our of the tube I was like ummmm this is pink? It was Quick Sizzle (which I already had) instead of Dish it Up
cry.gif
So I call MAC CS & the chick that answered the phone said, 'that lipstick isn't available because it hasn't launched yet"
icon_eek.gif
thud.gif
She's rude to me & basically tells me that I can send it back if I don't like it & tough. wrong person to tell that too - give me a manager now
amuse.gif
So the manager gets on the phone & after hearing the whole thing apologizes all over the place. They are going to try to get me another...who knows what will happen. If it hadn't been delivered so late, I could have just bought one at my Macys last week when I was there...which is a decent trip for me....blah :(
Oh no! This sounds horrible. I'm glad you did
nonono.gif
, so hopefully you end up with DiU soon!

erinmichelle87

This also happened to me, with the Iris Apfel Collection. I received pink pigeon instead of scarlet ibis. I ordered during the 2 hour restock, lol. I emailed customer service, and got an amazing email back saying I could keep Pink Pigeon and they were sending me a Scarlet Ibis 2 day air! Next time you have an issue I definitely recommend emailing their customer service, because I have always gotten AMAZING results.
Well after the drama of my Dish it Up being out for delivery last week then ending back at the warehouse, it was delivered today but when I pulled it our of the tube I was like ummmm this is pink? It was Quick Sizzle (which I already had) instead of Dish it Up
cry.gif
So I call MAC CS & the chick that answered the phone said, 'that lipstick isn't available because it hasn't launched yet"
icon_eek.gif
thud.gif
She's rude to me & basically tells me that I can send it back if I don't like it & tough.
nonono.gif
wrong person to tell that too - give me a manager now
amuse.gif
So the manager gets on the phone & after hearing the whole thing apologizes all over the place. They are going to try to get me another...who knows what will happen. If it hadn't been delivered so late, I could have just bought one at my Macys last week when I was there...which is a decent trip for me....blah :(

makeupgrrl

I have never had a problem with MAC customer service either, and they always seem to be very helpful. Glad they were able to get you Scarlet Ibis even though it was sold out. If Pink Pigeon doesn't work for you I will gladly swap or purchase it from you. This is my favorite pink lippy and I am still kicking myself for not getting a BU.

makeupgrrl

I can't believe you had such a horrible experience with MAC customer service. I would probably try to pick a DIU at your local store just in case they don't "find" you one. The local counters around here all still have it in stock. I hope something pans out and you are able to get your lippie!
cry.gif
icon_eek.gif
thud.gif
She's rude to me & basically tells me that I can send it back if I don't like it & tough.
nonono.gif
amuse.gif

peachsuns

They sent you a wrong l/s? Oh, no! And I cannot believe that someone can be mean to you. Glad you talked to the manager. Hope they'll send you Dish It Up soon! They have to!
th_hug.gif

cry.gif
icon_eek.gif
thud.gif
nonono.gif
amuse.gif

duckrodeo

I got my package tonight with my two extra Runaway Reds (batch AA1) - they're on the left and the middle.....on the right is my MAC Me Over Runaway Red (batch B41)

In the tube, they do look different. The S3/C3 versions look like an orange rusty red.
When they're swatched, I don't see a discernible difference in the colors. They all three have the same hue and fuschia sheen on my skin. I'm a lefty, and I swatched the lipsticks with my right hand, so the pressure and swipes varied with each lipstick I put on my arm lol, but you can tell they have the same base color and sheen.

It's rather odd that they would look so different, and that they are showing up as different depending on which surface they are swatched on. In my case, I am going to hold on to my back-ups because the colors are relatively the same on me.

peachsuns

Thank you so much for the comparison, duckrodeo! They do look different in the tube!
icon_eek.gif
I'm glad they swatch similar.
amuse.gif

Prettypackages

I am confused too. I thought MMO was brighter and bluer too and would not have bought it if it was brown based. I'll have to go check my stash and see what I got, from MMO If the MMO is the "browner" one, I am going to run for the "fuschia" one. I can imagine what that will look like on me.
I feel like the one from MMO was more blue and brighter; and I was looking for the same exact color this time around. I know people have different interpretations of color, but I felt more compelled to compare when they looked so different in the tubes.

When I returned it, I showed the MA the difference and she listened, but didn't really get it. I figure most people won't even notice like I would... Or most probably don't know about it being repromoted, so she didn't really care. No, I shouldn't says she didn't care, it's just that it wasn't a big deal to her. A good sale of a lipstick is pairing them with glosses and liners to get multi item sales, so I just feel like she's not worrying because her agenda is different from mine, you know? I'm strictly straight out the tube with 95% of my lip colors. Red is a color I want to pop on and go. I feel like its more classic that way.

You know I am just annoyed about the inconsistencies in colors rather it be Fall 11 or now, a color should be the same. Why repromote if its not right? Why have so many collections if the quality is poor, etc. It just sucks from a customer perspective because I wanted to love my BU just like I love the original. I didn't want to return it and drive stats down. Oh well, not super serious, but when you want what you want, something like this throws you off, lol

Rant over

Prettypackages

Since yesterday, all the t/t are gone, though currently TG says "coming soon," so maybe it will be restocked shortly.

Did everybody stock up on t/t?
YUP YUP!! LOL Although I am the lone dissenter. I do not like the smell. The smell reminds me of the flavored lipgloss I used to get that came in the tins with the slide top. I also bought watermelon. I thought I was so grown with those. LOL Does anyone else remember them?

PixieDancer

Shop & Drop quad quietly waits in my checkout bag. If they restock these lippies, it will get to come home to my house and play. If they do not... I will see it as a sign that I have TOO many shadows and S&D will be a pass. Let the MAC gods decide its fate!
sigh.gif

MrsB

It's up on UK Selfridges :) I ordered everything I wanted from this collex. Though having some turmoil over no quads but I must wait for Vera. Now I'm off to bed before I keel over :)

LivestrongH2

You're hilarious!!!! :) Hope they restock!!!!!
Shop & Drop quad quietly waits in my checkout bag. If they restock these lippies, it will get to come home to my house and play. If they do not... I will see it as a sign that I have TOO many shadows and S&D will be a pass. Let the MAC gods decide its fate!
sigh.gif

LMD84

Now I'm off to bed before I keel over
smiles.gif
i have hauled a stack of tendertones (don't even think i can admit to how many i just bought :p) and then two of the lipsticks that i really wanted - watch me simmer and dish it up. the rest i shall buy when it's launched on mac or debenhams

LivestrongH2

I got my Runaway Red from the Shop/cook collection today. I don't own the one from MMO. It looks very bright and blue based to me. Not brown based whatsoever. So, now I'm really confused?? I'm glad it's blue based, but I was expecting it to be browner after reading all the posts from yesterday.

Latest posts