MAC - Shop Shop Shop / Cook Cook Cook discussion

2browneyes

You said it Mac-Guy- good use. I've limited my BU purchases because I don't really end up using them- more like give them away.
Enjoy Lou!

MrsB

tell me about it! naughty selfridges charging so much!

yeah it's double digits :p and you know i'll be going back for more when they launch on the actual mac site next month too - what can i say? they are my favourite lip balms and i use them all the time! i'll be stashing them in my mini fridge so they stay fresh too :) and of course not opening them!!!

lol!! well i did go nuts but i'm hoping that i didn't buy all the stock! :p

Well I got a dispatch notice so there must of been two or three left for little old me ;) I'm sure I will be hauling more when it launches in two weeks on the mac site with Vera - I've never ever tried a Tendertone before :shock:

elegant-one

Quote: Originally Posted by liba
I suggested trying Restores Dazzle on the lips and that was so gorgeous it came home with me.

yes.gif
love.gif
Love love love it - on the cheeks & definitely on the lips!

Alisha1

What happened?
At my store, there's always such a crowd! For the first hour, it's always nearly impossible to swatch something. This time, there's been some kind of mix up with my invite - although everybody has confirmed I'm on the list I didn't get an invite and am very curious whether they let me in next Tuesday or not!
There was a crowd in my store today as well but I just sneaked to the front and swatched everything really quickly and had to wait in the long queue to purchase what I wanted. I was so scared something was going to have sold out while I was waiting! I think there was only 2 Watch Me Simmer l/s left!

rockin

VampyVarnish has her swatches and review up http://www.vampyvarnish.com/2012/02/mac-shop-mac-cook-collection-spring-2012-swatches-photos-review/

bis

What happened? At my store, there's always such a crowd! For the first hour, it's always nearly impossible to swatch something. This time, there's been some kind of mix up with my invite - although everybody has confirmed I'm on the list I didn't get an invite and am very curious whether they let me in next Tuesday or not!
I hope they let you join the fun, I am really curious to see what you think of the collection.
It's just up on Selfridges at the moment - it's up as an early exclusive :) me being impatient I couldn't wait! I got: Hush, Hush x 2 Tread Gently Innocence, beware Naughty Sauté  Watch Me Sizzle Enchantee Florida Eta: I'm trying desperately not to go back for call me bubbles
Great haul.
Well, MAC cs must have 'found' a DIU for me because she said that if I did not hear back from them by this morning then it will be on its way to me. :sweat:   :happydance: Thanks to all of you sweet sweet ladies for offering to get me one :bouquet:
Great to hear they managed to find one for you after the drama they put you through. Lou, you must be in TT heaven by now. I like them a lot, but the smell is not my cup of tea. Liba, I hope you can post pictures. I love makeovers when they are like yours.

liba

I'll have to try RD on my lips this evening.
We used a little lip pencil underneath - I'm assuming it was Dervish, since that's about as close to my lip color as they come. RD was a super MLBB shade and had an excellent moist quality. I got a good 5 hours of wear out of it too, and even drank without damage.

Oh and as my MA said "all these women think they'll get the same result due to the makeup as you, but on them, they're just going to look like Thai ladyboys." I guess the eyes really do have it
cutey.gif

xasperadastra

my march Haul will be very big.. Shop Cook + Vera O___O

my final (?) list:

Watch me simmer (hoping it's not as red as Hibiscus on me) and I've decided to not take more lipsticks.. I must use the ones I have ^^ (and because today I caved and bought a Mufe one!)
Optimistic orange
Call me bubbles
Scandelicious
Tread gently (I guess this one is the more sparkling.. I don't have a balm with sparkles^^)

sadly I keep on thinking about Shop & drop quad too :( it's lovely, but I would use it? I feel guilty when I spend a lot of money on makeup.. and with Shop Cook + Vera I reach 200 euro!!!! It's really a lot!

liba

Watch me simmer (hoping it's not as red as Hibiscus on me) and I've decided to not take more lipsticks.. I must use the ones I have ^^ (and because today I caved and bought a Mufe one!) Optimistic orange
Call me bubbles
Scandelicious
Tread gently (I guess this one is the more sparkling.. I don't have a balm with sparkles^^)

sadly I keep on thinking about Shop & drop quad too :( it's lovely, but I would use it? I feel guilty when I spend a lot of money on makeup.. and with Shop Cook + Vera I reach 200 euro!!!! It's really a lot!
Here I am to be your anti-enabler (or not!). Watch Me Simmer is a beautiful color and I think on your skin tone it's going to look very bright and springy. It won't lean as red as Hibiscus on you, so you're good there, but you have a good chance of it looking more orange on your lips, rather than the pink tones coming out, based on all the pictures you've shown of your lipstick looks in the past. If you have In Synch lip pencil or Hip 'n Happy from TdF, you'll be able to make sure you get a little more pink than orange out of it, if that's what you want. It's not going to look like a bright version of Flamingo on you, just so you know. If that's what you were hoping for, you will be better off trying Full Speed Sheen Supreme which really leans more pink, while still being very similar to WMS, or waiting for Chen Man and/or Reel Sexy (it looks like the pink lipstick from Chen Man may give you more pink and stay as bright as WMS).

For reference, WMS is as bright as Hibiscus on me (which isn't super bright, since I've got such red lips and that NC15 skin) and runs soft tonally with about a 60/40 ratio of orange to pink. For someone with a bit deeper skin tone like yours, it will for sure read brighter and that alone will accentuate the orange, on top of the cast your natural lip tone will add. Haha, is that technical enough for you?
holysheep.gif

Scandelicious will probably look great on you, but personally I never much cared for it, didn't get it with Peacocky and skipped it again this time. There's something about it that is just a bit "seen this, done that". I'd say skip it and get the quad you're dying for instead or save some $ for all the rest of the collections coming up.

ladyarwen

My last look for this collection, I promise. I've got Colour Added on the lids with Pre-Packaged in the creases. Self-Serve is in the very outter corners and bottom lash line. (I used this color wet on the lashlines, and it seemed to show up OK. I haven't tried it on the lid though.) Laundry Daze is my highlight. On my cheeks I have Early Morning MB and Blonde MSF. Hot 'n' Saucy is on my lips. It deposited just a hint of color, which is what I expected.

Colour Added quad looks great on you!!
th_thstars.gif
and now I want Hot 'n' Saucy!!!!!
My last look for this collection, I promise. I've got Colour Added on the lids with Pre-Packaged in the creases. Self-Serve is in the very outter corners and bottom lash line. (I used this color wet on the lashlines, and it seemed to show up OK. I haven't tried it on the lid though.) Laundry Daze is my highlight. On my cheeks I have Early Morning MB and Blonde MSF. Hot 'n' Saucy is on my lips. It deposited just a hint of color, which is what I expected.

Knope2012

That's such a beautiful look and it really brings out your eyes! I wanted to skip the quads, but this one looks gorgeous and I don't own these types of colors.

ladyarwen

Thank you! All the quads are gorgeous, even with one or two stubborn shades. Totally worth it, unless you have dupes of the colors already.

Baby1black

If mac has a new stratgey of changing colors of lippies with the same name and launching them in different collections,it seems to be working, I will defintely buy WMS when it launches in the reel sexy collections,that is ofcourse if colors are different.

xasperadastra

Here I am to be your anti-enabler (or not!). Watch Me Simmer is a beautiful color and I think on your skin tone it's going to look very bright and springy. It won't lean as red as Hibiscus on you, so you're good there, but you have a good chance of it looking more orange on your lips, rather than the pink tones coming out, based on all the pictures you've shown of your lipstick looks in the past. If you have In Synch lip pencil or Hip 'n Happy from TdF, you'll be able to make sure you get a little more pink than orange out of it, if that's what you want. It's not going to look like a bright version of Flamingo on you, just so you know. If that's what you were hoping for, you will be better off trying Full Speed Sheen Supreme which really leans more pink, while still being very similar to WMS, or waiting for Chen Man and/or Reel Sexy (it looks like the pink lipstick from Chen Man may give you more pink and stay as bright as WMS).
For reference, WMS is as bright as Hibiscus on me (which isn't super bright, since I've got such red lips and that NC15 skin) and runs soft tonally with about a 60/40 ratio of orange to pink. For someone with a bit deeper skin tone like yours, it will for sure read brighter and that alone will accentuate the orange, on top of the cast your natural lip tone will add. Haha, is that technical enough for you?
holysheep.gif

Scandelicious will probably look great on you, but personally I never much cared for it, didn't get it with Peacocky and skipped it again this time. There's something about it that is just a bit "seen this, done that". I'd say skip it and get the quad you're dying for instead or save some $ for all the rest of the collections coming up.

thanks a lot Liba!!! I guess I'll take WMS ^^ I could try it in store t be sure. I already have Hibiscus and although it's really lovely I don't need something that looks too much like it. Passing on Scandelicious to take Shop & drop could be a reasonable choice, but I'll still think about it! What I really like rom Shop & Drop is the blue eyeshadow!