MAC - Shop Shop Shop / Cook Cook Cook discussion

VampOwl

My last look for this collection, I promise. I've got Colour Added on the lids with Pre-Packaged in the creases. Self-Serve is in the very outter corners and bottom lash line. (I used this color wet on the lashlines, and it seemed to show up OK. I haven't tried it on the lid though.) Laundry Daze is my highlight. On my cheeks I have Early Morning MB and Blonde MSF. Hot 'n' Saucy is on my lips. It deposited just a hint of color, which is what I expected.
I was not interested in the Colour Added quad in the least, until I saw your look with it! I was initially interested in Shop & Drop and Call Me Bubbles. Now I'm trying to decide which one to go with out of the three! Which one do you like the best? I have blue eyes as well so I'm really interested in your input.

ladyarwen

I was not interested in the Colour Added quad in the least, until I saw your look with it! I was initially interested in Shop & Drop and Call Me Bubbles. Now I'm trying to decide which one to go with out of the three! Which one do you like the best? I have blue eyes as well so I'm really interested in your input.

For blue eyes, Call Me Bubbles absolutely. Orange, coral, and copper will never go wrong on blue eyes. It also helps that all of the shades are very nicely pigmented.

LivestrongH2

I really thought the lipsticks would've been restocked by now. Anyone else tired of stalking the site? I've just about got myself talked out of needing any more, but I know as soon as they restock I will panic and order more! Gah!

ladyarwen

Argh, the CMB quad is so gorgeous. I've got Fresh Daily on the inner thirds on my lids, Full of Flavour in the middle, and Brash on the outter thirds and in the creases. Call Me Bubbles is the highlight of course. Stunner is on the cheeks with Flaunting It on the lips.

VampOwl, here's the look I did with the CMB quad in case you missed it.

xasperadastra

My last look for this collection, I promise. I've got Colour Added on the lids with Pre-Packaged in the creases. Self-Serve is in the very outter corners and bottom lash line. (I used this color wet on the lashlines, and it seemed to show up OK. I haven't tried it on the lid though.) Laundry Daze is my highlight. On my cheeks I have Early Morning MB and Blonde MSF. Hot 'n' Saucy is on my lips. It deposited just a hint of color, which is what I expected.

your eye look reminds me of Chanel's Peridot!!

baghdad81

i am so disappointed in runaway red! I thought it way a wine-y coloured, brown-based lipstick but it's more blue-based....sad! I missed out on it during MMO....oh well another blue-based red!

Knope2012

I really thought the lipsticks would've been restocked by now. Anyone else tired of stalking the site? I've just about got myself talked out of needing any more, but I know as soon as they restock I will panic and order more! Gah!

I'm completely tired of stalking it! I may have talked myself out of WMS by now, as I know it'll probably lean too orange on me, but I really want Naughty Saute and another Tendertone if they restock those.

makeupgrrl

I'm tired of stalking too!! I just can't stop checking back to see if the lippies get restocked...I would love a BU of Quick Sizzle! What can I say I am addicted to MAC!

aradhana

beautiful!

you know, watch me simmer went unevenly on me too w/o prep + prime....but with it i just have to be 'careful'...just cuz it's kinda gloopy....almost like a gloss...(me and glosses have to be careful too...)

what's the mauvey lipcolour? is it flaunting it?

I got to try Watch Me Simmer and wow... Such a lovely colour that looked sooooooooooo awful on me. It was almost funny. It seemed to go on kind of unevenly, although that might have just been that I applied it kind of quickly, but it looked just hideous on me. So I feel like I freed up a WMS to go to a good home by not buying one.

Here's a couple of pics of the Shop & Drop and Call Me Bubbles quad in action:

Dom is a big fan of orange/ gold eye shadow colours, so he really went for CMB in a big way. He commented on how nice it was before I even mentioned it was new. I did find that I had to added a touch of dark brown on the outer corner to deepen it a bit.

duckrodeo

Super pretty! I love that combo of eyeshadow you chose with the quad. Hot N Saucy gives you a great natural lip with just a hint of color. Gorgeous!

duckrodeo

Since it was Valentine's Day I decided to go all out and sport Quick Sizzle at work today.
I lined and filled in my lips with Embrace Me l/p followed by two passes of QS with blotting in between. I finished with a dab of Pink Poodle lipglass to add some shine.
I kept the eyes simple since this color is soo neon bright! Bisque e/s is on the lid with Moleskin in the crease. UD Stray Dog eyeliner just on the top lashline and UD Yeyo in the waterline.

The wear on this lippy is amazing! I really like how MAC has re-formulated their matte lipsticks, QS is so creamy when applying. After about 4 hours, I needed to re-apply my Jack Black lip balm, but even with the application of lip balm, this color stayed in place all day long (8+ hours - even with eating and drinking coffee). I only had to do one touch-up in one corner of my mouth that went bald, but the lip liner was still there.

PixieDancer

You have the cutest lips! QS looks perfect on you! LOVE!

Since it was Valentine's Day I decided to go all out and sport Quick Sizzle at work today.
I lined and filled in my lips with Embrace Me l/p followed by two passes of QS with blotting in between. I finished with a dab of Pink Poodle lipglass to add some shine.
I kept the eyes simple since this color is soo neon bright! Bisque e/s is on the lid with Moleskin in the crease. UD Stray Dog eyeliner just on the top lashline and UD Yeyo in the waterline.

The wear on this lippy is amazing! I really like how MAC has re-formulated their matte lipsticks, QS is so creamy when applying. After about 4 hours, I needed to re-apply my Jack Black lip balm, but even with the application of lip balm, this color stayed in place all day long (8+ hours - even with eating and drinking coffee). I only had to do one touch-up in one corner of my mouth that went bald, but the lip liner was still there.

MACina

duckrodeo....QS is absolutly beautiful on you
heart.gif

I love this look....just pretty!!!

MRV

beautiful!

you know, watch me simmer went unevenly on me too w/o prep + prime....but with it i just have to be 'careful'...just cuz it's kinda gloopy....almost like a gloss...(me and glosses have to be careful too...)
WMS was uneven on me, too. It actually went into lines. It's an amplified creme, kind of 'loose' compared to amplifieds with shimmer (like Violetta, Fusion Pink). But then I dabbed it over lipgloss 'stain' (in this case Tour de Fab), and it gave a nice glossy lip!

missah

You look absolutely stunning in every photo you've posted. I'm not even exaggerating. Quick Sizzle looks gorgeous on you. I thought I managed to convince myself to not want it, now I really do, even though it wont look half as good on me><"
I'll probably never manage to get it anyways. its just not meant to be for me :(

Knope2012

I'm still waiting on a restock and debating on the quads. I know that CMB is great for blue eyes, but I can't think of a way to make the colors into a wearable look, so I might be better getting singles in similar shades. I do love Amber Lights for my eyes. I'm still drawn to the Color Added quad, but that yellow looks really bright in some of the YouTube videos. I just want to make sure that whatever I pick up is something I can get a lot of use out of.

Mac-Guy

Did anybody contact CS to ask about restocking? Not that we can totally believe CS, but at least it gives some indication. MAC seemed to have cleaned up the website yesterday, so I'm surprised that they haven't restocked (if they still have stock).

Pinkdollface

I got my shop/cook and vera goodies! I had to try Watch Me Simmer immediately and it is gorgeous! It is not too orange on me and now i want a back up. I'm excited to try the Call Me Bubbles and Colour Added quads.