MAC - Shop Shop Shop / Cook Cook Cook discussion

bis

It's up on UK Selfridges :) I ordered everything I wanted from this collex. Though having some turmoil over no quads but I must wait for Vera. Now I'm off to bed before I keel over :)
It's up in the UK already? Man, that was fast. I thought we get the collection 1st of March. What did you order?

Anneri

No worries - that's just a special Selfridges has. We will be getting it March 1st, as far as I know. My store though has an event next week - do you have something like that too?

bis

No worries - that's just a special Selfridges has. We will be getting it March 1st, as far as I know. My store though has an event next week - do you have something like that too?
Oh, thanks :) Yes, they might, I just sent them an email to ask. Although I do not want to buy much and every time I am at an event I feel like I have to buy more. Plus the last one was a bit of a disaster....

Anneri

What happened?
At my store, there's always such a crowd! For the first hour, it's always nearly impossible to swatch something. This time, there's been some kind of mix up with my invite - although everybody has confirmed I'm on the list I didn't get an invite and am very curious whether they let me in next Tuesday or not!

MACina

Thank you for the pics and swatches duckrodeo!

I think that I will get a RR from Shop/Cook too....they really seem to be close and I loooove the color!
Even if there is a little difference...I do not mind!Love them both....

What happened?
At my store, there's always such a crowd! For the first hour, it's always nearly impossible to swatch something. This time, there's been some kind of mix up with my invite - although everybody has confirmed I'm on the list I didn't get an invite and am very curious whether they let me in next Tuesday or not!

MrsB

It's up in the UK already? Man, that was fast. I thought we get the collection 1st of March. What did you order?
It's just up on Selfridges at the moment - it's up as an early exclusive :) me being impatient I couldn't wait! I got: Hush, Hush x 2 Tread Gently Innocence, beware Naughty Sauté  Watch Me Sizzle Enchantee Florida Eta: I'm trying desperately not to go back for call me bubbles

MACina

What a nice haul MrsB!

I would not wait either....now you can be sure that you will get your goodies
thmbup.gif

And you can play with them very soon!!!

Eta: I'm trying desperately not to go back for call me bubbles

Asphyxia

Every time I look at my MAC lipstick collection it reminds me that I don't need these lipsticks. :/ I do want a few though.

2browneyes

Poor Elegant. Sorry you have all this drama.
Well after the drama of my Dish it Up being out for delivery last week then ending back at the warehouse, it was delivered today but when I pulled it our of the tube I was like ummmm this is pink? It was Quick Sizzle (which I already had) instead of Dish it Up
cry.gif
So I call MAC CS & the chick that answered the phone said, 'that lipstick isn't available because it hasn't launched yet"
icon_eek.gif
thud.gif
She's rude to me & basically tells me that I can send it back if I don't like it & tough.
nonono.gif
wrong person to tell that too - give me a manager now
amuse.gif
So the manager gets on the phone & after hearing the whole thing apologizes all over the place. They are going to try to get me another...who knows what will happen. If it hadn't been delivered so late, I could have just bought one at my Macys last week when I was there...which is a decent trip for me....blah :(

Knope2012

I'm really hoping for a restock today! And if so, I hope I can get to the computer in time. It would be a nice Valentine's present :)

Mac-Guy

i have hauled a stack of tendertones (don't even think i can admit to how many i just bought :p) and then two of the lipsticks that i really wanted - watch me simmer and dish it up. the rest i shall buy when it's launched on mac or debenhams
LOL. Double digits?

MrsB

What a nice haul MrsB!

I would not wait either....now you can be sure that you will get your goodies
thmbup.gif

And you can play with them very soon!!!

My iPad isn't letting me multi quote, grr! Lou, just how MANY did you order?! If I get a sold out notice I'll have to buy one from you :p Macina, you are so right! The postage was ridiculous from Selfridges as they never have postage offers but it's worth it to know I have everything I want :) Speaking of postage does anyone know of any postage codes for MAC UK?

2browneyes

I haven't purchased any Tendertones yet. The counter and store in my area still have them all in stock so maybe I'll take the plunge by week's end.

sss215

Thanks for swatching!

Looking at the lipsticks in the tube, the differences were so noticible. I still see a difference in your two new ones. B41 is deeper and swatched and wears more blue on me, but the AA1 stayed more red. Probaly beacause I don't have an undertone in my skin to bring the blue out of the AA1. The drastic difference in the colors are going to vary person to person and work for you, depending on what you are going for.

I feel like the color is so inconsistent. Shoudln't be that way.

I got my package tonight with my two extra Runaway Reds (batch AA1) - they're on the left and the middle.....on the right is my MAC Me Over Runaway Red (batch B41)

In the tube, they do look different. The S3/C3 versions look like an orange rusty red.
When they're swatched, I don't see a discernible difference in the colors. They all three have the same hue and fuschia sheen on my skin. I'm a lefty, and I swatched the lipsticks with my right hand, so the pressure and swipes varied with each lipstick I put on my arm lol, but you can tell they have the same base color and sheen.

It's rather odd that they would look so different, and that they are showing up as different depending on which surface they are swatched on. In my case, I am going to hold on to my back-ups because the colors are relatively the same on me.

martiangurll

Well after the drama of my Dish it Up being out for delivery last week then ending back at the warehouse, it was delivered today but when I pulled it our of the tube I was like ummmm this is pink? It was Quick Sizzle (which I already had) instead of Dish it Up
cry.gif
So I call MAC CS & the chick that answered the phone said, 'that lipstick isn't available because it hasn't launched yet"
icon_eek.gif
thud.gif
She's rude to me & basically tells me that I can send it back if I don't like it & tough.
nonono.gif
wrong person to tell that too - give me a manager now
amuse.gif
So the manager gets on the phone & after hearing the whole thing apologizes all over the place. They are going to try to get me another...who knows what will happen. If it hadn't been delivered so late, I could have just bought one at my Macys last week when I was there...which is a decent trip for me....blah :(
I am sorry that happened to you! If you don't get one, the SA at my Macy's said she would call me when they got their restock and I can get her to hold one for me (and you!) if you don't track one down! If and when she calls, I have decided to get a NS or 2, because it was the perfect bubble gum pink on her and she said it was all stain, she had wiped it off hours ago! That sold me.

Can anyone compare these cream blushes to CCB? I loved Florida and RD, but not sure they will work for me--too oily for my skin and will slip off within a few hours I fear.

MichaelaLou

I am sorry that happened to you!  If you don't get one, the SA at my Macy's said she would call me when they got their restock and I can get her to hold one for me (and you!) if you don't track one down!  If and when she calls, I have decided to get a NS or 2, because it was the perfect bubble gum pink on her and she said it was all stain, she had wiped it off hours ago!  That sold me. Can anyone compare these cream blushes to CCB?  I loved Florida and RD, but not sure they will work for me--too oily for my skin and will slip off within a few hours I fear.
Florida stayed on most of the day for me and I'm pretty oily. And if so, you can always use it on your lips! It's a great Chanel Kensington dupe.

elegant-one

Well, MAC cs must have 'found' a DIU for me because she said that if I did not hear back from them by this morning then it will be on its way to me.
sweatdrop.gif
th_DANCE.gif

Thanks to all of you sweet sweet ladies for offering to get me one
bouquet.gif

liba

Hi everyone - I've been super busy this whole weekend so I haven't had time to dish, but I went back to my store on Friday to get my makeup done, as a fabulous MA I used to know almost 20 years ago just started working there. I figured it'd be a fun way to catch up after all those years and I know his taste is fantastic.

We used the Colour Added quad in a smokey 60's style with the teal on the lid, the grey cut into the crease and the pale highlight for the brow, with a touch of Electric Eel on the middle of the lid to add depth to the teal. Winged out liner and false lashes too, of course. All these ladies were coming around asking if he'd work on them next and asking me if they could take photos - it was pretty crazy! He's going to send me some photos he took too, so I will surely post them when I get them. I suggested trying Restores Dazzle on the lips and that was so gorgeous it came home with me. Heck, that quad looked awesome too, but I've been trying to resist. I thought the highlight might be too yellow toned for me, but it was perfect.

Latest posts