MAC - Style Black Discussion

nunu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Good Morning Nora!
th_hug.gif

I want MES Young Punk and n/p Baby Goth Girl for sure, maybe MES Cinderfella as well.
mac_haul.gif

Yay, great choices i hope you get the items that you want!
th_hug.gif

latinalovesmac

Hi Everyone,
I hope eveyone is having as much fun with this collection as I am. I really wanted to mention how great makeupfunwithjessie's style black tutorial is. I know it has been linked on this forum a few pages back, but I wanted to plug it again because I love it and I love Jessie. Not only is she beautiful and talented, but she takes the time to make her youtube viewers feel appreciated. Here is the link again in case anyone missed it. I hope this works.
tong.gif

YouTube - MAC - STYLE BLACK LOOK - YOUNG PUNK & GILT BY ASSOCIATION

Camnagem

Ok, I got over the "too excited, might puke" feeling and I'm finally able to talk about this collection!
love.gif

I LOVE this collection!!!! LOVE. By far the best collection of 2009 for me!

The MES: These are really different...and much better. In my eyes, these are what I've been wanting from MES forever! I did experience minimal fallout, but it's hardly worth mentioning and really isn't a problem. Color wise, Cinderfella is the stand out for me! I'm a huge fan of dark grey/black with silver and this one puts others to shame, it's really fabulous. I also really like Young Punk and GBA. I ended up getting 2 of each of these, and passed on Blue Flame. I'm not a huge blue fan and this one didn't wow me like the others, easy pass.

Greasepaint Stick: Whoah!!! It's love. It's creamy and smudgy and it DOES NOT MOVE. I grabbed 2 of these and I'm considering getting another! I'll post a little story about this later.

Lip Stuff: Love the mattenes! Night Violet is a perfect shade for fall/winter. I love dark lips, but they don't always love me back...not the case here. I can already tell I'll be wearing this quite a bit. Midnight Media is exactly what I was hoping for with a black lip! It's full of drama and blows Black Knight out of the water in both texture and color payoff. Bling Black was a little too sheer and lacking oomph for me, but I loved Blackfire and Blackware! Both of these will be so pretty over numerous lippies, and I actually really like Blackfire on bare lips.

Nails: Baby Goth Girl is really special. I passed on the other 2, but had to have this one! If you're a nail ho like I am, this color is not to be missed.

Skincare: I think I mentioned forever ago in this thread that I would bathe in VAE if I could...still true. I've used so many scrubs/exfoliators in the past and nothing compares to this. I ended up with 6 total from different trips, nuff said. I also picked up 1 VATM to try and I'm not crazy about it. I have other masks that I like much more and I'll stick with them.

I'm so excited, sorry for such a long post!!
shockt.gif

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
yay the uk gets this collection this week! whoop!
th_DANCE.gif

Singapore will be getting the collection this weekend as well.
th_wink3.gif

Tat2dbeauty07

So I messed around a bit and decided to try a Black lip I never thought I could rock it but It kind of grew on me. I was sitting at my vanity doing my make up because I had a date last night so I did my eyes in cinderfella and idol eyes. Lined my water line used some mascara X. Well when I went to do my lips I had my eyeliner pencil in my hand IM like screw this let me give it a try I lined my lips filled them in put out for fun over them and I looked in the mirror and said I could so rock this for my first date. I texted the guy and I'm like you know I've been telling you about style black and thats why I went to Cleveland saturday he's like yea I said well the collection is based on dark / black colors he said ok I said well I hope you don't think Im crazy but I put black on my lips and I know its not first date appropriate but I think I can rock this. He said black lips and lips Ill be there. So I wore the black lips my mother said you look sick!!!

StyleBlackMac001.jpg

My eye before lining it

StyleBlackMac003.jpg

My Black Lips

Ok so for everyone who want's to know how the date went all I can say is

Style Black Lips = Hot make out session and Table Sex.... Oops maybe TMI
(It also scored me a second date for today)

MissCrystal

i went to the mac store on thursday morning and the mes looked like a hot glitter mess so i only picked up the grease paint and b2m for young punk, even though the MA was like no you can't blah blah until she asked another girl and she said it was fine. When i got in the car i was telling my mom how different the mes looked at the store, but then i looked at young punk again and it was sooo niccce i was like why didn't i get GBA. So i figured the horrible lighting at Mac had first convinced me that these mes were a mess. So just how bad lighting can make or break some1's pic so can products haha.

Im going to the pro store 2morrow so im going pick up GBA and another GPS. I really want the the thermal mask and exfoliator but i hate thats its LE.

sapnap

unable to keep up with all the discussion after 5 days of being away!!.. went trekking up a volcano mountain in Bali.. and I swear I wanted to pick up tht black volcanic ash to see if I can make my own exfoliater and mask:p

Tat2dbeauty07

Quote:
Originally Posted by malaviKat
LOL...

cool look. (though I am not sure I'd make out in black lips... i think that would turn into a hot mess.)

Oh he had some black on lips too by the time we were done
smiles.gif
so he rocked it too and didnt even wash them off before he left LMAO

LMD84

i wore night violet sheered out today with she zam dazzleglass on top... looked sooo good! sexy and sparkly!

mac_aiken

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
no masks for me tho. i prefer my B&BW pumpkin mask. i got one is gratis and traded someone the exfoliator for it, so i got two of em for gratis.
smiles.gif

Erine, that is my favorite too! I haven't seen it out this year though, have you?

Yushimi

Lolz back to come and peek in
smiles.gif

Woah, you all are going crazy on the VAE and VATM! Lolz I like how Tish stocked up on 9 LOLZ!! At least you know you won't run out for awhile with that 24 months expiry date
tong.gif

Hmmm, I'm think of getting back ups for the VAE.

If you had to pick, which one would you pick? VAE or VATM?
sneaky.gif

capmorlovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yushimi
Lolz back to come and peek in
smiles.gif

Woah, you all are going crazy on the VAE and VATM! Lolz I like how Tish stocked up on 9 LOLZ!! At least you know you won't run out for awhile with that 24 months expiry date
tong.gif

Hmmm, I'm think of getting back ups for the VAE.

If you had to pick, which one would you pick? VAE or VATM?
sneaky.gif

Based on all the raves here I think the answer will be: forget about picking one.. get both?!
lol.gif
greengrin.gif

TISH1124

I honestly would have to say VAE....although the mask is good....the VAE left my skin feeling like a babies butt for real!! But if you have a choice BOTH....again the mask is the shissshhhh now!