MAC - Style Black Discussion

1 UP Mushrooms

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresitaMC
Thermal Mask is sold out online in Canada
ssad.gif
I got just 1 but wanted more

Don't panic....just yet! I've noticed mac.ca tends to restock their sell out item ONCE after it's sold out and typically restocked fast (judging by the last few collections). So hopefully it'll be up again soon.

I went to a FSS yesterday to b2m for Young Punk. The MA told me at their store you need the metal eye shadow pan to b2m but I think seeing I asked for 3 VAE & 3 VATM & enabled my friend to pick up a couple of items she quickly finished her sentence by saying "but I'll let you do it this one time." LOL
lol.gif
I also picked up 3 VAE & the last 2 VATM. I tried the mask yesterday just quickly and while I like the heating concept I haven't noticed anything special it did for my skin as of yet, maybe it'll get better with time. It has an earthy smell with I dig in masks. I'm not sure if what I experienced with the mask was normal but my face & hands were slightly damp when I applied it on my face so it heated up when it was going on my face but when I wash the mask off with water afterwards no heat at all. Look forward to trying the VAE. For those who only one to pick up either of the 2 face products, an exfoliator is more essential for your skin and a mask is a nice-to-have product IMO.

And the MES...to die for!!! My favourites were Cinderfella & Young Punk but I also have to admit GBA took me by surprised when I tried it in store wet - the black base was more evident than the swatches I've seen here. In other words, I'll also be getting GBA! I generally don't like glitter in anything but I'll end up with all 4 MES and possibly b/u of Cinderfella & YP.

As for the GPS, the testers were so creamy they were smooshed even before I tried it. Very smudgeable and awesome staying power after it's set. I also tried it by swiping the 214 brush along the tip of the GPS and it allowed me to apply a thin line. For anyone who's worried about it being too thick of a pencil to apply as a liner, use any stiff liner brush and it'll be fine. And as a base for the mes...
th_DANCE.gif

I asked one of the MA's what lip product was one the girl in the promo image and she said it's just the model's natural lip pigmentation along with some gloss. SIGH. I'm going to take Elegant's word for it and get Night Violet.

This is what I imagine my haul would look like at the end:

YP X 2
Cinderfella X 2
GBA
Blue Flame
GP2 X 2
Night Violet
VAE X 6
VATM X 2

TISH1124

Quote:
Thermal Mask is sold out online in Canada
ssad.gif
I got just 1 but wanted more

ssad.gif
I just called my MA and had her add more to my Hold stash...
I have I S S U E S

Juxtapose

Went to the Macy's counter today. I told myself I would just get the VAE, but what did I do, I got the VAE and the VATM. oops. Not my fault though, cuz the MA said it was the last mask, and what can you do when you just have to have it?
th_DANCE.gif
lol, I'm excited to try them.

1 UP Mushrooms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juxtapose
Went to the Macy's counter today. I told myself I would just get the VAE, but what did I do, I got the VAE and the VATM. oops. Not my fault though, cuz the MA said it was the last mask, and what can you do when you just have to have it?
th_DANCE.gif
lol, I'm excited to try them.

LOL....I love it when they use the word "last", "last 2", "last 3" etc. It always gets me, in fact I usually end up getting the last however many they say they have!
girl_devil.gif

I'm returning Young Punk since it's the same as my beloved Little Black Dress Smudgepot on me, and also Baby Goth Girl.

I was uber excited about the polish, but even with a top coat, I find the purple cast barely shows. Too bad since I'm a nail polish addict and was really looking to wearing these. I hate returning things!

I'm holding on to the VAE and the mask, though. These are absolutely wonderful!

luhly4

ugh, so.. i don't know whatsup with me lately but for a couple weeks now i've been thinking that this collection would come out NEXT thursday.. but i found out on friday that i lost my mind, so i checked out the macy's today.

anyways, the swatches/pictures of the mes's are gorgeous obvvviously.. but i'm not lying when i say that these look even better than i would've thought in person! i had to get two for now.. hopefully later in the week i'll be able to get young punk. at the moment i have blue flame and cinderfella. soooso beautiful.. also, i like that the blue sparkles in blue flame are a vibrant blue and it's not dull. not to mention that the black base [not sure what another word could be.. like i said i'm losing my mind] doesn't i guess you can say over power the actual glitter/sparkle.

i also picked up the greasepant stick and this made such a difference in how these applied as i'm sure most of you know. i would definatly reccomend picking up the GPS if you are purchasing mes/s.

overall i'm very happy with what i got.. but i'll feel totally complete if i get young punk.
lol.gif

Bif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella1980
I'm returning Young Punk since it's the same as my beloved Little Black Dress Smudgepot on me, and also Baby Goth Girl.

I was uber excited about the polish, but even with a top coat, I find the purple cast barely shows. Too bad since I'm a nail polish addict and was really looking to wearing these. I hate returning things!

I'm holding on to the VAE and the mask, though. These are absolutely wonderful!

Why not sell them to someone on here, considering the love for this collection, it shouldn't be too hard? That way the makeup won't be thrown out and go to waste, but a happy home.
smiles.gif

TISH1124

^ Agree...especially since Baby Goth Girl is Sold Out ..I am sure someone would gladly buy it versus it just being recycled by MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1124
^ Agree...especially since Baby Goth Girl is Sold Out ..I am sure someone would gladly buy it versus it just being recycled by MAC

True. I honestly hadn't thought about it, since I'm such a newbie to this site.

Juxtapose

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 UP Mushrooms
LOL....I love it when they use the word "last", "last 2", "last 3" etc. It always gets me, in fact I usually end up getting the last however many they say they have!
girl_devil.gif

Exactly! I was like...ohhh, well I can't pass up on the "last one" when I know I wanted it anyways. I needed some new and different skincare to try anyways. I've always taken care of my skin, but now that I'm learning more about makeup and application, I'm trying to take even better care by finding stuff that works and actually improves the quality of my skin, besides cleaning it.

I'm trying to be really frugal, so I thought I would spend very little on this collection, if anything. I have to say, I am intrigued by the MES and the GPS. More so the GPS, but I know if I get that, it'll be a good reason to get a MES as well. Realistically, I'll hold off on the MES, but I'm contemplating the GPS. It sounds so smooth and lovely.

TeresitaMC

If the GPS from DSquared might be the same stock as the one from SB, how do we know which one we will end up with if we order online?
ssad.gif
I thought they were different from each other, no? *scratches head*
tong.gif

Tat2dbeauty07

Okie dokie style black made me a little loopy I decided to play dominatrix!!!

I rocked the paintstick on my eyes and I actually used the earthy riches mes duo. black liner, mascara x, black eyeliner on the lips, forgot what gloss but I felt HOT !!!!

Dominatrixcell2.jpg

wizzer3245

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i'd love it to be tommmrow but i think it'll be probs wednesday
ssad.gif
it seems to be wednesday's recently! booooo! i'm off tommorow too!

Thank you
smiles.gif

Damn i was really hoping it would be tomorrow but ahh well i'll just have to try and get online on my break or something. Or just pray it doesn't sell out by the time i get home

Debbie_57

Quote:
If the GPS from DSquared might be the same stock as the one from SB, how do we know which one we will end up with if we order online?
ssad.gif
tong.gif

Nope they're the same. Erine posted a reply in the Dsquared thread that they're the same-I can't remember what page off hand though. HTH!

TISH1124

Quote:
ssad.gif
tong.gif

For the Love of God girl...please don't make us re-live the Black GPS...it is the same...it is the only one in DSquared that does not have DSquared on the packaging so it will be plain the other two say DSquared....Don't make me come over there to Canada

Aphrael

Quote:
For the Love of God girl...please don't make us re-live the Black GPS...it is the same...it is the only one in DSquared that does not have DSquared on the packaging so it will be plain the other two say DSquared....Don't make me come over there to Canada

That made me laugh so bad, Tish! LOL!!

SMMY

Quote:

picture_TequilaShots.jpg

PinkBasset

I really don't know how to feel about the GPS. I already have Blackground Paint Pot and regular and waterproof black liners, so I don't know if the GPS really would make a difference in black bases. That goes with the CCBs too.
th_dunno.gif