MAC - Style Black Discussion

TeresitaMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1124
For the Love of God girl...please don't make us re-live the Black GPS...it is the same...it is the only one in DSquared that does not have DSquared on the packaging so it will be plain the other two say DSquared....Don't make me come over there to Canada

LMAO!!!
lol.gif
lmao.gif
Thanks, Tish! I needed that laugh
lmao.gif
ow...my tummy...lol
lol.gif
Thank you ladies! I'm sorry I don't know how I didn't see that. All I saw was one is more purple, etc. Thanks for clearing it up
greengrin.gif
I'm relieved
smiles.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie_57
Nope they're the same. Erine posted a reply in the Dsquared thread that they're the same-I can't remember what page off hand though. HTH!

Are you sure
th_confused_new.gif
sneaky.gif

Quote:
For the Love of God girl...please don't make us re-live the Black GPS...it is the same...it is the only one in DSquared that does not have DSquared on the packaging so it will be plain the other two say DSquared....Don't make me come over there to Canada

lol.gif
greengrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMMY
picture_TequilaShots.jpg

th_roll1.gif
th_roll1.gif

'nother round please
greengrin.gif

Well I just got back from MAC yet again... and I caved and bought 2 vae and the last vatm!
th_DANCE.gif
While I was there though the MA told me I should use the mask 3 days in a row once a month or else I would break out
shockt.gif
has anyone else been told this? I've tried to keep up with this thread pretty well and as far as I can recall no one else mentioned doing this.
th_confused_new.gif

elegant-one

well, I did get my SB - finally

Blue Flame & Cinderfella are just gorgeous on!!!! I think BF is my favorite. When I took them out of the box, dh says, did you get a box of metal...
tong.gif

Not sure how I feel about Bat Black - yet
th_dunno.gif

Blackfire really punches it up a notch over night violet. Gives it a depth of purple intesity - but sheer.

Love my dazzleglass creme colors

stv578

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Oh yeah...you know we could sniff out pink anywhere
smiles.gif

My hubby prolly wishes I would wear blinders in any store
lol.gif

are you drinking?
winks.gif

lol.gif
No, I wasn't drinking, but I've been going a little
th_crazy.gif
lately with two sick kids three weekends in a row, and add to that a no buy!!! I'm depotting what I can tonight to get the Young Punk MES and one of the new glosses. I NEED some MAC NOW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
It seems to be we won't get Dazzleglass Cremes neither, like Fall Trend collection. Thanks MAC.

That bites. Oh well, more MES can't be a bad thing imo!

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightyngthng
Well I just got back from MAC yet again... and I caved and bought 2 vae and the last vatm!
th_DANCE.gif
While I was there though the MA told me I should use the mask 3 days in a row once a month or else I would break out
shockt.gif
has anyone else been told this? I've tried to keep up with this thread pretty well and as far as I can recall no one else mentioned doing this.
th_confused_new.gif

Never heard that ...and I used it once Last Thursday so far and not since....No breakout yet....Hummmmmmmmmm
wondering.gif
Why wouldn't the directions say that?

Quote:
Never heard that ...and I used it once Last Thursday so far and not since....No breakout yet....Hummmmmmmmmm
wondering.gif
Why wouldn't the directions say that?

thats what I was thinking as well.. and 3 times in a row just seems excessive. I would think using it that many times in a row would be more likely to break me out than using it every so often
shrugs.gif

PinkBasset

How are you guys liking the nailpolishes? How is the application and are they streaky? I bought my first Mac nailpolish with the Hello Kitty collection (the pink one) and it was so horrible! Absolutely the worst nailpolish I have ever tried! Streaky thick ugly mess. I swore never to buy Mac polishes again, but this Baby Goth Girl caught my eye...but if the application continues to suck, no matter how cool the colour is, I will skip it (oh how I wanted a colour like Peppermint Patti...)!

only1angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightyngthng
thats what I was thinking as well.. and 3 times in a row just seems excessive. I would think using it that many times in a row would be more likely to break me out than using it every so often
shrugs.gif

The box does say up to 3 times a week so who knows........
I used the VAE followed by the VATM on Friday, then again yesterday. My skin hasn't felt irritated at all. In fact, it seems more clear than usual. It's TTOTM for me this week (sorry TMI) and I breakout HORRIBLY a few days before I get it- I'm talking about those painful cystic ones
thmbdn.gif

Right now my face should be horrible to look at since this is the exact time I should be having my hormonal breakouts. But instead, my skin is clear and not a breakout in sight. Now I don't know if it's because of the VAE and VATM or if it's just a coincidence, but my face is NEVER this clear during TTOTM- NEVER!!!!! I haven't changed anything else about my skincare routine except for the VAE and VATM so I don't really know what to think, but I'm not complaining either (Hoping I'm not jinxing myself now
shockt.gif
lol)

BTW- I forgot to mention, I used the VAE for the 2nd time yesterday, and the smell wasn't as bad as it was the 1st day. Maybe I'm getting used to it. (I'd still have preferred it smelling better though lol) but it's not THAT bad....

I gotta stock up on these BIG time..............

TISH1124

^ My skin feels wonderful...I plan on using it 2x a week no more for both....because I can pretty much judge my skins reactions...But it still feels incredibly smooth...However I have decent skin anyway just flakey and dry...but it is so moisturized and I have not used moisturizer since Thursday

only1angel

^ I have tons of face masks, exfoliators, and peels. I like to alternate based on how my skin is feeling and looking. So I don't think I would use these more than 2 days either, especially since they are LE and I don't want to use them up so quickly. When I don't do my mini at home facials, my skin gets so oily. It's like my skin just soaks up every facial I give myself lol. I used to have EXTREMELY dry and flakey skin. I literally looked like I had dandruff on my face, especially when my hubby would kiss me and his beard would rub against my cheek. It was really bad. I used to keep a tweezer in my purse and when I would be out, I had to make my normal routine of going to the ladies room and pick off the flakes. It used to be so embarrassing. I've since been using Murad skincare and it's made a HUGE difference in my skin. I'm actually able to use powder foundation now without worrying about dryness and flakes. In the winter, though, I like to exfoliate a little more than the summer since I live in New York. That keeps me from getting the occasional winter dry patches. But nothing like it was before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by only1angel
The box does say up to 3 times a week so who knows........
I used the VAE followed by the VATM on Friday, then again yesterday. My skin hasn't felt irritated at all. In fact, it seems more clear than usual. It's TTOTM for me this week (sorry TMI) and I breakout HORRIBLY a few days before I get it- I'm talking about those painful cystic ones
thmbdn.gif

Right now my face should be horrible to look at since this is the exact time I should be having my hormonal breakouts. But instead, my skin is clear and not a breakout in sight. Now I don't know if it's because of the VAE and VATM or if it's just a coincidence, but my face is NEVER this clear during TTOTM- NEVER!!!!! I haven't changed anything else about my skincare routine except for the VAE and VATM so I don't really know what to think, but I'm not complaining either (Hoping I'm not jinxing myself now
shockt.gif
lol)

BTW- I forgot to mention, I used the VAE for the 2nd time yesterday, and the smell wasn't as bad as it was the 1st day. Maybe I'm getting used to it. (I'd still have preferred it smelling better though lol) but it's not THAT bad....

I gotta stock up on these BIG time..............

thanks for pointing that out! I didn't notice that it said up to 3x a week..hmmm I think i'll just stick to once a week for now and see how that goes. I just really hope it doesn't break me out

only1angel

^ Yea. The mask says 1-3x a week. If you don't really use masks on a weekly basis, it's probably best to try it once a week first and see how that goes.
I've used it 2x already since Friday, and it didn't break me out. I love the way my skins feeling right now lol

FemmeFatale

Quote:
^ My skin feels wonderful...I plan on using it 2x a week no more for both....because I can pretty much judge my skins reactions...But it still feels incredibly smooth...However I have decent skin anyway just flakey and dry...but it is so moisturized and I have not used moisturizer since Thursday

bad girl! moisturize, moisturize, moisturize!!!!
girl_devil.gif

TISH1124

I know and I have $$$$$ of dollars worth of moisturizers ...I'm skin lazy!! But I don't flake where I can pick it...My skin just gets ashy feeling....if I had to carry tweezers i would have serious issues with ME

FemmeFatale

Me too! My skin is like the god dang sahara desert. SO dry. I am 24 and already have a wrinkle because of dryness. Botox here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have so many moisturizers, $$$$$$ worth and the only one that is the best for me is cetaphil....go figure!

Ally4MAC

If anyone wants the VAE and the VAM, dillards.com has them in stock. I had to order them, knowing my luck I wouldnt get to the MAC site fast enough to get them when they come back in stock there.

only1angel

lolol Tish. Yea that's how bad it was and I was so insecure about people just staring at flakes. Then Lancome's products helped get my skin moisturized and where it needed to be. But the brand never helped with my acne, and I still had small dry patches. With Murad, I don't have any signs of dry skin and it keeps my acne under control (except that I still get my hormonal breakouts.) But that was 7 years ago when my skin was so dry and aweful. I guess maybe that's why I'm so addicted to masks, exfol, skincare, etc. Because I want to keep my skin looking better than it was 7 years ago.