MAC - Style Black Discussion

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
I absolutely love CCB's - they make great bases. However, I don't have problems with them creasing.

Hi Elegant
smiles.gif
How is it that they don't crease on you? What's your secret? Do you use any other base?

sleepyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
I'm so freakin scared of buying CCB's, I keep hearing how they smudge and all :/ I'm very tempted by the black one coming out with this collex though

yah, they do smudge a lot. but it works just fine if i use a thin layer over udpp or tfsi and layer eyeshadow/pigments on top. oh, and reflects glitters sticks to ccbs quite nicely too

Face2Mac

I want a CCB to put under blushes but I want one that will virtually match my skin tone, so I can use it with everything. I thought Root but is too dark and kinda of shimmery.

The only thing I want from this collection is the greasepaint, everything else is not a must for me but very pretty indeed.

LMD84

Quote:
I'm so freakin scared of buying CCB's, I keep hearing how they smudge and all :/ I'm very tempted by the black one coming out with this collex though

i sometimes use pearl ccb on my eyes. and unless i use udpp it does indeed crease. however with udpp it's fine. seems to work better with pigments though. not sure sure!

elegant-one

Quote:
Hi Elegant
smiles.gif
How is it that they don't crease on you? What's your secret? Do you use any other base?

Hey Hun!

Well, first of all, my skin is more on the dry side - not oily, so that helps. I use Bare Escentuals multi-tasking mineral powder in Bisque - which I use under my eyes & over my lids ( I layer my under eye concealer over it). It not only holds the eye color, but retains the natural color of the eye makeup & it covers redness to perfection!

I LOVE CCB Root!

elegant-one

^In the above video

Ooh, I loved the kinda glittery crop rolled-hem jeans - verrrrrry cool!

ahem, did I see MC Hammer's pants in there
lol.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
Does anyone remember the Choc Mattene? or Bing? -- I am wondering if any of these will be dupes for the Night Violet?

they won't be dupes, but you can definately where bing or kirsch in its place. besides, night violet is a repromote, so i guess its a dupe of itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead
if you read the color stories, there IS a black grease paint stick coming out with dsquared2 (there are 3 of them)

Quote:
Originally Posted by annikay
I know that, but it says "Intense Black" for both collections. So the way I understood it, there's an almost black one with some purple in it = the "Intense Black" one which is included in both collections, then additional two for Dsquared which are V = purple and B = blue. Anybody in the know who can clear this up for us?
winkiss.gif

the "intense black" with both style black and dsquared2 is the exact same one, however, it isn't solid black. it does have purple shimmer to it as you saw with my and bunnyx3's swatches.

sleepyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
the "intense black" with both style black and dsquared2 is the exact same one, however, it isn't solid black. it does have purple shimmer to it as you saw with my and bunnyx3's swatches.

d-oh! i was hoping intense black was the color description
ssad.gif

Nzsallyb

ok i have revised my list, i think i will limit myself to a max of two MES. i have so much stuff lying around untouched, i really need to get back to my stash!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ode to Joy
Are there dupes for Night Violet l/s? What about NYX Violet Ray?

on me night violet is a bit darker than violet ray (judging by the pic). and of course night violet is practically matte.

annikay

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead
d-oh! i was hoping intense black was the color description
ssad.gif

I really wanted a solid black too!
winkiss.gif

LMD84

i actually prefer that it is a funky purple effect! if it was staright up black i would most likely skip it. but because it looks so different i am buying it!
smiles.gif

sleepyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i actually prefer that it is a funky purple effect! if it was staright up black i would most likely skip it. but because it looks so different i am buying it!
smiles.gif

i like it too, but i just don't see any point of having the same LE product in 2 different collections less than a month apart
th_dunno.gif

Latest posts