MAC - Style Black Discussion

sleepyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casadalinnis
A moment of wtfery....I clicked the link of Kayraphat's, who is by far not responsible for content, and temptalia has an MES called "Blue Flame - Black with blue pearl (Limited Edition)" listed. Risser's pic shows 3 and not the Blue Flame temptalia has listed....Blue Flame is a single eyeshadow I bought in pot form. Why the hell would MAC release an MES with the same name of an existing shadow? Just wondering if someone's got info because I would like to know if I'm buying 3 or 4 MES. If anybody knows, let me know.

there are 4.

all the color stories for upcoming collections are posted in the stickies at the top of the color collections page (Color Collections - Specktra.Net)

the name thingie happens more often than you think. there's also an eyeshadow and a mineral eyeshadow both called quarry

and the worst i've seen is with the barbie collection. there are 2 playful eyeshadows (1 single, another in the quad) with different textures. and the quad is called dollymix, which is the name of a mac blush.

iirc, there used to be a thread in mac chat about different products with the same names in mac chat

LMD84

yeah i'm pretty sure some lipsticks have the same name as glosses or other mac products too
smiles.gif

Shadowy Lady

Thanks for the pics Risser
smiles.gif
I'm still so freakin excited for this. I need to shorten my list somehow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
I'm dying to see swatches of this collection!!!!! I'm unsure about the Mattenes. I don't know if I do want to get one since I'm getting Black Knight lipstick.

If I wear to get a black lipstick I would get the Mattene one 10x over the cremesheen one. The mattene texture is much more opaque and easier to work with. It also isn't drying. Cremesheens on the other hand are kinda slippery...I'm not sure if I want a slippery black lipstick lol!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
smiles.gif

If I wear to get a black lipstick I would get the Mattene one 10x over the cremesheen one. The mattene texture is much more opaque and easier to work with. It also isn't drying. Cremesheens on the other hand are kinda slippery...I'm not sure if I want a slippery black lipstick lol!

it'd be like putting oil on your lips
tong.gif

sleepyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
smiles.gif

yes.gif
yah, i prefer the mattene one as well. black is not a color i would use on my lips too often. and if i want a glossy black lipstick, i can always mix black black pigment with a little clear gloss (warning label be damned)

BaDKiTTy69

OMG, these pics are so freaking hot!!!! i am on no buy makeup until this collection. I need pretty much everything from it.

shonntew

I have the blue flame e/s too. Thanks for reminding me! I had the Mes blue flame added to my list...so maybe I can skip it, even though it is different. Hmmm.
I need to start adding up my totals to see what the damage is going to be. Yikes!!!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casadalinnis
All I have to say is me and Mabelle were discussing animal cruelty on that thread and I mentioned chinchillas being cleaned in volcanic ash....I'm going to have to say I've got to see it firsthand to see how they pull it off. If it's good enough for a chinchilla, it might be good enough for me. XD.

Ive got a chinchilla, and I love watching him take a bath in ash! Its so cute and funny!

Kayraphat

Guessing ... can black cremesheen and the pink glittered glimmerglass create this look instead of super pricey Chanel?

1249829793.jpg

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayraphat
Guessing ... can black cremesheen and the pink glittered glimmerglass create this look instead of super pricey Chanel?

1249829793.jpg

Oh, honey I love chanel and their prices don't bother me at all.
drools.gif

purrtykitty

I'd guess Night Violet and Blackfire would reproduce that Chanel lippie quite nicely. Maybe a little black to darken it up if needed.

LMD84

oh yes! add a little more black to night violet and that would be a perfect match! that Chanel colour looks very yummy though!

shontay07108

Is this an upcoming chanel collection or a previous one. The chanel addict in me is flipping the hell out and I can't find anything when I google it.

Latest posts